Toyo Tire North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James Hawk

1. "Final finish inspector"

Current Employee - Final Finish, Certified Inspector in White, GA
    Current Employee - Final Finish, Certified Inspector in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Twelve hour rotating shifts. You only work two weeks a month. Great pay and good benefits.

Cons

Management will not day word to the lazy ones who will not work.

Advice to Management

Don't keep the lazy people, fire them! Because, the ones that work are getting tired of caring all the load

2. "Production Supervisors"

Current Employee - Curing/Final Inspection Supervisor in White, GA
    Current Employee - Curing/Final Inspection Supervisor in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with great benefits with plenty job stability business sales continues to increase they're fourth expansion

Cons

No room for growth into upper management

Advice to Management

Provide Supervisors a bonus package to keep up other tire companies and to pay for Supervisor family medical insurance

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in White, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and fantastic Management Team

Cons

There are no cons to speak of.

"Current employee as a MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN in department ATOM."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Good starting pay. 12hr shifts allows for more days off. Overtime is available. Stay busy so time goes by quickly.

Cons

Long periods of standing/walking. Short lunch (30 min) and two (15 minutes) breaks. Only one entrance/exit into the production plant and takes a long time to get to your department depending on the phase you are assigned.

5. "I love my job"

Former Employee - Mixer Operator in Cartersville, GA
    Former Employee - Mixer Operator in Cartersville, GA

I worked at Toyo Tire North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great supervision in mixing, great training team that allows ample time to grow into your job. The 401k is also a great way to prepare for the future.

Cons

My supervisor can't spell very well and constantly screams to keep the ram down throughout the shift even when he is by himself

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

6. "Cureman"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White, GA

Pros

I loved it I worked in the curing department and paybis great

Cons

Sometimes it gets really hot

Advice to Management

Keep it up

7. "Manufacturing Technician"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in White, GA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in White, GA

I worked at Toyo Tire North America full-time

Pros

Toyo is a great company to work for that pays good wages with no experience required. They provide great benifits and the health care is one of a kind.

Cons

Short breaks, 12 hr shifts. It either scorching hot or freezing cold through out the year. The food they provide is not good however you can always bring your own.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to pay more attention to eployee requests. I would also advise management to allow headphones during shifts.

"Engineering Tech ATOM and Robotics"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in White, GA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in White, GA

Pros

The people you work with and the challenges of the robots that the senior level still does not know how to operate properly..

Cons

MY PERSONAL OPINION FROM MY EXPERIENCE AT TOYO NA..
    The word I heard over and over was "Sweatshop". The Job Description is Nothing like the actual work environment.

Per Circadian review held in the facility in February 2016 this company has over a 60% turnover rate since 2014. Would you want to place tires on your vehicle from company employees always in training in a very bad training program?

Turnover basically consist of termination due to maximum points which are extreme. Younger employees staying through a two week orientation of comments on one planet, then accessing a very different work planet and quickly leaving unless they have No other life, see no better future or would rather be there than with their family.

Older employees with commitment and family meeting every work requirement but being deemed "Not a Fit" before the six month probation for the 12 hour shift employees. BTW: Administration 8 hour shift employees put in much less time per week and are on a three month probation. The administrative argument is that they work more days per pay period even though much less in hours. I call this fuzzy math. These turnovers are referenced as "Attrition" Ha. I do not believe that is the Webster's definition of attrition.

12 hour per day Staff leaving because of auto accidents on their way home due to micro sleep. Some have died, others severely injured and this does not include the people that were in the oncoming vehicles. Micro sleep is a known serious issue at the facility.

Staff loosing body parts in the factory due to micro sleep and exhaustion.
    Mandatory 12 hour work shift, many like me never had a chance to sit down.
    82 hours every two weeks not including additional forced overtime regularly up to 144-168 hours every two weeks.

Out of all the supervisors I met I never met a professional supervisor at any level..
    I observed employees being ostracized, ridiculed, singled out and more by unprofessional supervisors in the background.

8 week training program with NO consistency. If you get a bad trainer you will be the one terminated. Going to HR is useless and deems you as "Not a fit"

The unwritten position of constantly jogging and running to meet production.

Having meetings insisting safety over all else while looking the other way to meet unrealistic goals without breaking all safety protocols and jogging and or running.
    I could go on.

Consider; they take the required materials and produce the required compounds to build the tires. With such a high turnover rate throughout the factory the stock preparation people are always in training and the material is almost always less than desired causing problems for the operators, the machines and the shift. After working there for 5 months and observing the things I observed I will NEVER buy or recommend any of their tires.

The no smartphone no cameras policy is supposedly to protect trademark or copyright on machines and techniques. My opinion is that these rules are to keep employees from documenting unsafe work conditions, bad materials, bad product, bypassing of safety protocols, breaking of compliance of OEM, OSHA, ISO and TSO standards. My opinion and also of many other current and passed employees.

The effort put out for the pay received is horrible. Considering the minimum $16.00 per hour there verses $10.00 per hour at McDonald's, McDonald's pays you more per hour for the exerted effort.

Again, My Opinion and observations: Quality and production issues were constantly blamed on employees instead of the company addressing the real problems of mechanical issues, poor product materials, time down for inventory, inconsistent training and burned out trainers. On the February 2016 Circadian PowerPoint Presentation this company has a current turnover rate of over 60% since 2014. Employees consider themselves as working in a sweatshop.

The job description does not include additional heavy forced overtime or jogging or running to meet production. The supervisor for ATOM 1, 2, 3 and 4 stated in a group meeting April 26, 2016 that everyone MUST volunteer to work additional forced overtime or they would not last long with him and be terminated as “Not a fit”.

Profit is great.

I could go on.

I would NEVER recommend this place for employment. RUN the other way!

Advice to Management

Advice to the BOD: Replace from the very Top down with competent people who can deliver good profit without demeaning the staff and a complete negative reinforcement atmosphere and practice..

"Security"

Current Employee - Security Officer in White, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in White, GA

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy most of the people I work with, job is fairly easy as long as you have common sense. Good work environment for the most part.

Cons

People in the plant don't respect the security at all. they look at us as more of a hassel rather than the people keeping them safe. we do a lot more than what they see us do but they think we do nothing. shift leads could be more organized and on point rather than just going threw the motions.

Advice to Management

Advance shift leads who actually are doing their job and not by seniority. people who have been here for a month can do their job better than those being here for 7 months.

"Manufacturing technician"

I have been working at Toyo Tire North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay, now at $16/hr , friendly people (most of them) they have fixed day shift and night shift.

Cons

12 hour shift, breaks are not long enough, management doesn't know what they're doing. (At Least my supervisor doesn't)
    My machine went down and I couldn't make adjustments to get it back up and running, so I called maintenance out and they couldn't fix it, they called my supervisor and he said "well I don't know what you want me to do about it". I haven't been here long so I'm still pretty new, and it's very frustrating when I call my supervisor for advice and all he can say is "I don't know what you want me to do". I feel very left in the dark and it just makes my job that much harder.

Advice to Management

Don't make someone supervisor just because he's bangin your daughter.