KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TrackMaven Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2021

Found 38 of over 43 reviews

4.3
TrackMaven CEO  Allen Gannett (no image)
Allen Gannett
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place

Oct 18, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, atmosphere, corgis, cool customers

Cons

Unfortunately TrackMaven does not exist as a standalone entity anymore

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Starting Point

Oct 14, 2020 - Junior Business Team Member in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, hard-working environment, fun atmosphere

Cons

Not much advancement, No other cons on my end

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

they deleted my first review if that says enough

Mar 11, 2019 - Sales Team in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

you'll learn a lot about the grind because of how crowded the market is. the people are great, easy to make friendships here.

Cons

long hours, product that is far behind the rest of the pack. comp is low compared to the market. i don't see this company getting any additional funding anytime soon. they deleted my original review because they claimed it was "unreasonable and inaccurate." me posting another one should speak volumes to the fact that it is VERY accurate.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Sales Management and High Turnover

Sep 19, 2015 - Sales in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

1). Smart people to work with. 2).Catered lunches once a week. 3). Near metro and local restaurants. 4). Excellent product that is well received by our clients. 5). A commitment for growth and improvement in our product.

Cons

There is a serious leadership problem within the sales department. There is a constant high turnover of sales managers. They are always advertising for new sales positions and doing open houses, but most sales people don't stay very long. Expectations are too high and unrealistic. In addition, they appear to be hiring mostly young people straight out of college or with limited sales experience, rather than reach out and hire more older and experienced people. This may be due to the culture of "fitting in" rather than hiring people who believe in the company's mission and who have the skills to improve sales.While on the surface it maybe great to work with people with the same background and education, having a more diverse group of sales employees could help shake things up and improve the sales department. This is a start-up company that is still trying to figure things out, but they need to hire more experienced and mature managers and sales employees if they ever want to grow. This is a consistent problem with start-ups that are too consumed with culture and getting along rather than focus on getting the job done right.

16 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A true rocketship, happy to be on board...

Jan 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great combination of team, product, and culture. Having worked at other startups and at bigger companies alike, I can honestly say this is an amazing opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you are willing to dive in and hustle, you will thrive here. But the culture is not a competition to see who works the most hours - as long as you focus and get your job done, you'll get to see the impact of your work, without having to pull all-nighters.

Cons

TrackMaven is a high-growth startup. One of the things that has fueled our success to-date is our ability to identify new approaches to our business and adjust our strategy and operations accordingly. Realistically, not everyone is cut out for that kind of environment. If you aren't comfortable taking risks, balancing a lot of projects at the same time, and sometimes scrambling to get things done, then a high-growth tech startup probably isn't for you.

Senior Director of People Maven

We greatly appreciate your feedback! We are happy that you find working at TrackMaven to be rewarding, challenging, and a place for personal and professional growth. Please continue to provide your feedback as it helps us continually improve.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, fast growing, and fun company

Feb 24, 2015 - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is intelligent and hardworking. Since the company is growing so fast there are a lot of individual growth opportunities making it an ideal place to work for a long period of time. Coming from a company that was a startup 10 years ago, and hit wall growth wise, the growth opportunity here is immense because you have the chance to help build and be part of the legacy. The company's fast pace means you learn a lot very quickly and you need to have the enthusiasm and energy to keep up but when you do it is exciting to see so your, and the team's, progress. - Compensation is good - Growth opportunities great! - Catered lunches - Commuting benefit - Fun people & company culture - Other fun activities (ex. game night)

Cons

Catered lunches may be hard for those with dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) Fast growth = sometimes playing catch up Sometimes long hours

4 people found this review helpful

Senior Director of People Maven

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor with others. Our success has enabled us to provide lots of opportunity for new and existing mavens to grow their careers.

7. 2.0

Mixed bag

Nov 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

TrackMaven is an amazing place to work if you are a new grad or just starting out in your career. There are passionate people to work with and you can see a lot of interesting work. Beautiful workplace, fun atmosphere and solid perks. The culture is young, relaxed and flat. The executive team is generally accessible and open.

Cons

Lots of change, hard to keep up with all! There is no innovation in the product, to begin with. Renewals and Revenue never see eye to eye. Since Fletcher left, there is almost no management on the engineering side and quality in new hires is deteriorating. Product Managers are not qualified and ineffective. With no technical expertise, they don't know what they are doing. Some people are so disengaged that they don't show up to meetings. All paws are uplifting but we could do more. Projects are daunting and nobody seems in control. The new Reports 2.0 and Admin are the behemoths of the century, but management doesn't seem to care. We see a high level of favoritism and it's a morale killer.

13 people found this review helpful

Operations Maven

We appreciate your feedback and will use this information to continue improving. Please know that your concerns are taken seriously and we will address them.

8. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Mar 3, 2016 - Sales in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people- incredibly inspiring, passionate, dynamic group of people. I can't imagine a better group to build a company with. Transparency- the senior leadership team explains decisions and openly talks about challenges the company is facing. This helps everyone rally around the flag and get on the same page about what needs to be done. Vision- very exciting path forward for the company and product. Aligns to a significant gap in the market. Great benefits- top notch health insurance, catered lunch, company events, etc.

Cons

If you prefer a corporate, 9-5 type environment, you won't fit in. TrackMaven employees are fired up about the company and its success, are personally invested, and are willing to do what it takes to drive the business forward.

Senior Director of People Maven

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we are happy to have you on the team! We hope some recent changes we made will help continue to increase our speed to market. Please continue providing your feedback so that we can continue to improve.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

What a great place to be!

Nov 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment to excellence, culture, strategic direction --- all of these items were very important to me in my job search. The direction of the company and executive leadership is fantastic. We are pushing for excellence in everything we do. The people are phenomenal. We work very hard to make sure the environment supports growth, learning, and collaboration. I've worked in several companies large and small..public and private. I am having a truly unique experience. This is a great place to be.

Cons

It is a start up so there's a lot of work that must happen. But that is not really a con -- it is part of working in a growing dynamic business. The fast pace is not for everyone. If you can handle it -- this is the place to be.

4 people found this review helpful

Senior Director of People Maven

We appreciate the time you took to tell others about TrackMaven. We strive to create a culture of trust, collaboration, and transparency and are happy that you are a part of it!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

D.C. growth company with a great trajectory and a good heart

Feb 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant new challenges and a management team that supports addressing them creatively. Very collegial atmosphere. Employees eat lunch together daily (see benefits, below), often socialize outside of work. Almost everyone seems to really enjoy their work and being here and interpersonal interactions reflect that. World class benefits like no-deductible health insurance, a walking-to-work benefit, and. . .my favorite. . .lunch delivered daily (free to all employees, staff). Plenty of autonomy for employees. Strong commitment to company culture at all levels.

Cons

Growing pains from time-to-time. TM is growing FAST and number of employees is expected to double by EOY 2015. . . some systems take a little while to catch up. Work day is rarely 9 - 5. Long hiring process might frustrate some candidates.

Senior Director of People Maven

We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about TrackMaven! We are a proud and goofy bunch. As others look here to learn more about us, your comments will go a long way to providing them a viewpoint from an insider. We know it takes a bit longer to get hired here than other companies. We hope potential candidates understand that our thorough approach has helped us to hire the best and the brightest!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews