TrackMaven Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 26, 2018

4.2
Allen Gannett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome opportunity to learn and grow if you put your heart into it"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees. Genuinely nice, smart, caring people who care about and work for each other. The employees are very encouraging and like to promote and learn from their teammates.

It's definitely easy to see how your individual role contributes to the whole of the organization. Because it's a small team, you really get to feel the impact that each department has on your success. There is a lot to do and lots of encouragement to take on projects or fix efficiencies that will make you more successful. If you like taking initiative, you will do well here.

Cons

While you won't be working 12 hour days, growing a company is not a 9-5 so if your heart isn't in it, then everything will seem exhausting. It is easy to feel like you're working too much or too hard if you don't prioritize where to spend your time.

"smoke and mirrors"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time

Pros

lunch is catered on fridays
    office is bright

Cons

leadership lacks experience and plays favorites

pay is lower than average and hours are long

hours are long because company hasnt staffed up properly, not because peoples hearts arent in it

feedback is ignored or criticized

turnover is high

Advice to Management

be more open to feedback and realize that not all employees live and breathe trackmaven and thats fine

3. "The best group of people I have ever worked with"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at TrackMaven are some of the smartest, most driven people I have had to be around in my short career
    The opportunity to grow and take on interesting and challenging projects
    Access to management- we have a flat organization and the entire exec team is always available to meet
    Our customer base is solid and growing and we have figured out how to deliver value to each of them

Cons

It is not easy. We all work hard. But those that do are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 1-2 people who are negative. In a small organization, the negative people fight for the stage. Quiet them.

4. "Startup Life"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome customers, I get to work with some of the world's biggest brands
    - Lots of improvement over the past two years
    - Interesting challenges in the marketing tech landscape
    - Getting into a groove w/ key business metrics and seeing a lot of improvement
    - The coworkers are AWESOME.

Cons

- It's a lot of work (but recently there has been a bunch of hiring which should calm things down).
    - Feels like some of the people here can be overly emotional

Advice to Management

Figure out how to talk about career pathing consistently. Sometimes we stop and start on that.

Keep up the transparency re: business metrics as it's very helpful

"Great opportunity to grow"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time

Pros

I've been working here for a couple of years now and have grown in many ways. It is a lot of work but is so worth it. I am having a great experience and am advancing my skill set faster than I would have anywhere else. I continue to get insight into every part of the business and that has been invaluable to me at this stage of my career.

Cons

This is not the place for anyone who is looking to do the minimum -- fly under the radar. If you want an easy 9-5 and no risk...this is not the place for you. The people here are super smart and perform at a very high level.

6. "Start Up Lifestyle"

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People genuinely care about their work, and want to provide the highest value to their customers.
    Great Culture where you can learn from those who have grown internally.
    Fast Paced Environment where not every day is the same.

Cons

Very high expectations of teams & individuals, sometimes can seem unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating the team.

"Weird place to land"

I worked at TrackMaven full-time

Pros

The people are amazing and the benefits are good.

Cons

Social media marketing is a weird space right now, company burning thru cash, it's normal for people to work 7:30am until 6:30pm

Advice to Management

Promote the people who work hard, or give people raises if you don't want to promote them with a title change.

8. "sales"

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time

Pros

Sales team is focused on providing value and solving problems for customers rather than just getting a deal

Cons

it's a very fragmented market

Advice to Management

lead by example

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at TrackMaven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company:

Excellent place to work if you don't want work in the same groove year after year. Our product changes rapidly to keep up with customers and ahead of competitors, so every quarter feels new and exciting. This also means stepping outside of explicit duties to help out with the business, which can be challenging but is always rewarding.

Super approachable and savvy leadership team. You can set time with the CEO to talk about professional development, the chief product officer will share the roadmap any time, and the president will come in early or stay late to hear your thoughts.

Sales Specifically:

Customers ALWAYS come first. If you want to just "sell" people and pass them off you won't do well here. There is a huge emphasis on SERVING customers, providing value throughout the sales process and partnership, and setting our customers up for success. It's a huge difference from other sales roles I've had.

Leadership on the revenue (sales, account management, marketing) side of the house prefers to use the reins, rather than spurs. You're given a lot of leeway to try whatever strategies, tactics, and approaches will help move the needle.

Sales leadership gives you lots of free rein with deals but they're phenomenal guides when it comes to sales training. I've learned so much about selling on value and building trust (rather than features) because we're in a super crowded market and that always helps set you apart as a sales person.

Cons

It's definitely a meritocracy on the revenue side, which some people don't like. You need to create opportunities for yourself in addition to what's given to you by SDRs and marketing.

Small company that changes quickly and frequently--not for everyone but if you like to change things up this is great.

Highly competitive market which can be tough.

Advice to Management

Continue to facilitate interactions across teams--everyone enjoys these and it helps to build empathy and contributes to more creative collaborations.

"Untapped Potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at TrackMaven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, insurance is company paid and a (real) Corgi mascot

Cons

Tons of turnover...Management says they take feedback from people but while they listen they never apply it or make changes. Product is good, but not good enough for the price tag!