Tractenberg & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Joel Tractenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unless you're looking to sell your soul for free beauty products (in 14 reviews)

• Interesting clients - You get free beauty products (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • So not only would I tell potential employees to stay away, I would tell potential clients to as well (in 6 reviews)

• Unprofessional behavior doesn't receive any consequences (Only if you are upper management of course) (in 5 reviews)

"Associate Account Executive"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was never bored, and it was easy for me to make great relationships with beauty media b/c of their reputation in the business

Cons

Late hours and sometimes hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

You are doing something right! The media loves you and you have had some of your biggest clients for ages – keep it up

2. "Can't wait to leave"

Current Employee - Account Assistant
    Current Employee - Account Assistant

I have been working at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free makeup and beauty products. These poor clients don't know that all their samples actually just go to the staff

Cons

Where to begin!!! The atmosphere in the whole office is best described as "doom". No one is happy, everyone is miserable, and the senior staff are the epitome of mean girls. Its pretty pathetic that grown women behave this way. In any other company they'd be fired but that kind of behavior is praised at T&C

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start fresh. People only have jobs because they've been there forever, they're not actually good at their jobs

3. "Don't work here"

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beauty products, some great clients, SOME amazing people work here, a couple of good teams to be on (literally can think of two teams) and "Wine Wednesdays" (thats about it)

Cons

Don't know where to begin... Benefits are horrible. if a 401k is something you are worried about, this isn't the company for you. Technology is very outdated. There are mice in the office. EXTREMELY under paid. Long hours. Understaffed. Unprofessional behavior doesn't receive any consequences (Only if you are upper management of course). No real HR department. Some higher management does a great job at belittling anyone under them. Super unorganized. Culture and values are non existent. It isn't a healthy environment, not a good place to work.

Advice to Management

In case you are reading... stop treating people terribly because they don't meet your beauty standards.

4. "Avoid"

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time

Pros

free beauty products & that's about it

Cons

All the higher ups are abusive
    They set unrealistic expectations
    If you're an assistant, all you'll be doing is packing boxes & cleaning up the product floor

"This place had lowest morale of any company I've ever worked at."

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing free beauty products. I had so many Christmas and birthday presidents and surprise gifts for friends and fam. Union square is easy to get to. I am still friends with several of the girls I worked with there.

Cons

I was an AE there for about 6 months and no lie the company went through about 20 assistants in that time. The VPs are trash because they treat their employees - the directors / associates / assistants under them - like trash. But it ALL starts at the top with Jacqui. I witnesssed a lot of those VP staffers have meltdown themselves over things Jacqui said or did to them - but they still did anything to kiss her butt. It wasn't just us lower staff members reduced to tears all the time - when you see your VP sobbing to another VP about something nasty Jacqui did to her, it's shocking. And when that VP turns around and still treats you like dirt, knowing how badly it feels, it's inexcusable. But they all worship Jacqui in a cult like way, are terrified to stand up to her so Jacqui only is surrounded by yes people. This means this company's management structure WILL NEVER CHANGE.

So not only would I tell potential employees to stay away, I would tell potential clients to as well. I honestly have no idea how this company still even HAS clients or understand how those clients don't see how much their PR team turns over every couple months and find that to be a truly bad sign.

This was the single worst professional experience of my career. I lost a ton of weight bc I was depressed and anxious going into the office every day. I quit before I had another job lined up because I couldn't stand being there anymore. I had heard bad stories but had hoped I would be one of the (very) few who liked it .... I was wrong. Don't be me. Heed this advice. Do not work at this company!

Advice to Management

To Jacqui - Stop treating your employees like trash. To VPs - stop treating your staffers like trash. Seriously check your attitude and tone in person texts and emails. It's atrocious. Every single one of you are guilty of it and it's despicable. Stand up to Jacqui. Let people take a real lunch break and go home at a reasonable hour. Stop being passive aggressive, backstabbing and condescending. Give holiday bonuses. Close the office between Christmas and New Years because it's a slow week and your employees deserve a break!!! Hire a real HR department. Actually prioritize morale over bottom line.

"Should of took the warning... Negative reviews are REAL."

Former Employee - PR Assistant
    Former Employee - PR Assistant

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unless you're looking to sell your soul for free beauty products.... There is no pro's

Cons

You will never eat lunch.you will ever have a spare moment to yourself. Coffee breaks are frowned upon... They expect you to stay until 9pm ... Every night!! No overtime, no incentives, not even a thank you!!!

Advice to Management

Why doesn't management see these horrible reviews and change something!!? Instead tractenberg is a perpetual revolving door for hopeful that hope the reviews aren't real..... Then they quit and realize they're in the same boat as the rest of the people.... Realizing tractenberg is everything that these reviews warned..

"Would never recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the other girls you work with will be amazing. You're probably going to become really great friends because you won't have time for anyone or anything else.

Cons

You're basically treated like a slave. Crap pay. You're often expected to do personal tasks for the "higher ups" and you may develop severe anxiety.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start... maybe see all the people under you as humans.

"Jr. Account Executive"

Pros

Gave me an opportunity when I was fresh in the field; prestigious company and well established

Cons

Not given much responsibility or allowed to help when I asked what they needed help with; spent most days staring at a computer screen or calling unresponsive people or compiling lists they never looked at; not very welcoming

9. "pr"

Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Tractenberg & Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting clients - You get free beauty products

Cons

Worst management, very disorganized & Unfriendly employees

"assistant"

I have been working at Tractenberg & Co. full-time

Pros

I don’t know why you guys keep writing these comments. I feel bad for the company’s reputation that you keep saying these things. There are a lot of assistants here that are willing to work and do what it takes to get ahead. You’re making it sound like none of us wants to put in the work that is asked of us, and that’s not true. If you’re not happy, say that. But please don’t lump us all in together. I like what I do. It is a lot sometimes, but it’s my first job out of school and I know I have to pay my dues. What were you expecting to do at your first job? Unpacking boxes of beauty products is pretty standard for an entry level person at a beauty pr firm.

Cons

You get pulled in a lot of directions and have to be able to multi-task