Cover image for Trade Republic

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Trade Republic~3554739
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Toxic culture that privileges people that can be eloquent and charming but not necessarily are the most talented(in 12 reviews)
  • "You didn’t meet expectations (that’s all) This is simply one of the ways in which you see how inexperienced lower management is.(in 8 reviews)
  • "1 leadership team / C(in 6 reviews)
  • "Managers have little experience or touch points with the rest of the business.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Mass layoffs days after receiving another round of investments.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Cultural Revolution at sight

Nov 17, 2022 - Line Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a business model, mission and a strategy to get there that is a no-brainer for success. The product is top notch state of the art, nice and easy to use and we see product evolution inside the company too. I work with very talented people who want to do a great job every day - it is great to be surrounded by smart people. Compensation is good, above market particularly for those receiving equity.

Cons

Still lack of processes and procedures needing scaling. But I see efforts in improving this with visibility on goals and KPIs. There is not a strong focus on Diversity and Inclusion, in a company that has all pre-requisites to be strong at that. Many employees are a bit negative due to some past events in the company, for some people is just hard to let go unfortunately.

2. 1.0

Sinking ship on fire

Nov 28, 2022 - Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Compensations are transparent and good - Smart and hard-working coworkers - Exciting product

Cons

Work culture is awful. It's the most toxic place I've ever worked in. Engineering is being pushed to deadlines that were set without any input from the engineers themselves. Features are being revamped on the fly, mainly due to unexpected input or ideas from top management. Products gave up on pushing this back. No long-term planning at all. Benefits are so-so. VSOP policy is absolutely ridiculous, you have to be insane to buy in at this valuation. Unclear return-to-office policy. We've been told that it'll be announced soon, and now it's been 2 months with no updates. Any feedback regarding office was ignored until recently. Lots of engineers are leaving because of the above and how layoff was handled. Quite a few teams are understaffed right now. Personally, I expect this to get worse. In a few teams it's musical chairs with middle managers. Middle management changed 2 or even 3 times during last few months. This will have a negative impact on member of said teams during next review cycle.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Trade Republic team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Trade Republic Bank

Nov 24, 2022 - Senior Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is fair and colleagues are nice and professional people. As a senior engineer I get sufficient freedom to decide what I work on and how I do my work. My assignments allow me to grow professionally and learn new things. Also I feel I'm heard when I have concerns. Leadership efforts to increase transparency look promising.

Cons

Priorities are shifting often and engineers are not always getting sufficient context on the drivers for those decisions. The office is still lacking some infrastructure.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Biggest mistake I did in my career!

Nov 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few nice colleagues. Other than that I have nothing nice to say unfortunately.

Cons

When interviewing they make everything up. Nothing that I was told was true, and nothing that I was promised was ever even considered or talked about ever again. When you start you get a ton of work and a ton of promises. The work never gets better and the promises are never held. I wasted 5 month at trade republic until I decided to leave and regretted and hated every second. There is a horrible hierarchy and the most toxic environment I have ever witnessed in my entire career life. The whole company set up seems like a scam because nobody knows what they are doing and everyone lies about everything. There are only about 5 people making the decisions about EVERYTHING. Whether it is about the layoff of hundreds of people or whether the company offers more than water and coffee. Not even literal sugar is allowed by the decision makers. The only thing I can recommend to anyone is to never work at trade republic.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Cringeworthy individuals in leadership

Sep 12, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I worked with some of the best (and worst) here. - Aspects of the performance culture are really refreshing and smart. - A mission driven product company obsessed with details.

Cons

- The leadership team is immature, generally doesn't trust people and hires people to tell them what to do. - "Immature": one particularly unpopular product leader talked negatively about individual employees, not present in the meeting, on more than one occasion. Plenty of cringe worthy experiences to be enjoyed observing the level of maturity in certain leadership roles. - "Doesn't trust people": the proverbial water glass of trust starts near empty here. The CEO and CTO made that clear in initial interactions. Your teammates on the other hand will be relatively normal in this regard. - "Tells them what to do": Every week, if you work in engineering, members of your team will show up to scheduled meetings where a senior leader will tell you what you to do, how to fix that design, complain about your work, etc. If you politely disagree (as a team), it won't help. The conversation is one way, lacks data, learning and/or any sort of sophistication.

14 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Perfekter Start-Up Einstieg

Nov 22, 2022 - Mitarbeiter Kundenservice
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Junges Internationales Team - Verantwortungsvoll und passt immer auf die Gesundheit der MA auf - Feedbackorientiert sowohl MA als auch Vorgesetzte - Immer wieder Events und Merch - Flexibel und offen

Cons

- Als junges Unternehmen immer noch etwas chaotisch - Nicht durchsichtiger Workflow, manchmal schwer nachzuvollziehen - Mittelmäßige Kommunikation

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still finding its bearing as a top FinTech Company

Nov 14, 2022 - IT Administrator in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loads to do so you definitely can develop your skills

Cons

Expect to do more with too little and bad systems. Really tight on budget

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No trust, top-down micro management

Oct 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is honestly not much to say about "pros". There are some nice, competent people working there. But it's simply a toxic environment that does not set anyone up to grow or succeed. Companies do not need to be run like this, and most are not.

Cons

- Pay is average at best, especially considering you have to swap your salary (!) for overvalued stock (don't do it). Engineers can get much better compensation packages elsewhere. - All initiatives are driven completely top-down, very little room to make an impact as an IC - Projects are micromanaged by a small set of self-serving individuals surrounding the CEO - No room for professional growth, your achievements will be claimed by someone above you - CEO & CTO are dishonest, poor managers and generally unpleasant people to work with All of this leads to high employee turnover, as no one is really happy with their position at the company. They are either clawing their way up the hierarchy or looking for a way out.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Engineers and Amazing Product but toxic hustle culture and no place to grow

Oct 31, 2022 - Android Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Pros of working at TR is the opportunity of being able to work with extremely talented people as an Engineer. Both on the Backend and the client side. The product is very interesting and new features are being planned all the time, which makes it all very exciting.

Cons

The working culture is simply toxic. Managers are incredibly good at pushing engineers extremely hard for unrealistic deadlines. You will quickly find yourself working at night and on the weekend, even though you always thought you would never do it. There is no space to grow, you will always be filled with new features to be delivered that you won't have time to think about researching any topic, unless it's in your free time.

4 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow and shine

Nov 2, 2022 - Recruitment Partner in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open culture. Highly professional people who are passionate about their work. Clear carrier path and growth plans. And a lot of great initiatives striving to do better. Also, It's never boring in the office.

Cons

Functionality of the office could be improved. Structure of the company is still changing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews
</>Embed

Trade Republic Reviews FAQs

Trade Republic has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at Trade Republic to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -35% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Trade Republic employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Trade Republic. This rating has decreased by -26% over the last 12 months.

40% of Trade Republic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Trade Republic 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.4 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Trade Republic to be workplace, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Trade Republic Job Seekers