Tradelogic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.3
Ellis Winstanley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Could be successful if given the tools or freedom"

Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I liked the people that I worked with, both upper management as well as employees.
    - Nice view of the lake.
    -The area manager Kirstin is an outstanding guy, who was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I will start by saying everyone, including the owners have strong moral values. They are good people. That being said, the owners are overwhelmed with the multiple businesses and projects that they have going. The owner decided he wanted to be the Director of Operations. He is trying to run the daily operations of 8 restaurants and 3 other businesses at the same time. He would never listen to the general manager who was there every day. No matter what great suggestions were brought to him that could possibly take the restaurant to another level, the answer was always, "No. In my 12 years I have found that won't work." The General Manager title seemed a little far fetched, when no one in that position was ever allowed to make decisions for the restaurant. Permission had to be granted to buy ink for the office computer or air fresheners for the bathroom.

My biggest complaint with the entire experience is TBS (tradelogic business solutions). This is one of the owner's companies and it is a software development company. They absolutely refuse to use any other software that could improve or make running a restaurant easier or more efficient. Their software for schedule making looks like something from 1992. To schedule that restaurant from scratch (75 employee) it would take about 45 minutes on hotschedules. Using their software it would take 4-6 hours, depending on how many times it crashed. There were constant glitches that would take weeks to get fixed. If someone wanted to swap a shift or request it off everything had to be done by paper. It was a constant struggle to use that software. It would be like trying to get on the internet and do research with a dial up modem. It caused me to spend countless hours buried in a computer instead of being on the floor trying to run a restaurant.

With 8 restaurants and 2 guys doing maintenance it is like pulling teeth to get anything fixed. There are serious structural and other issues that have been sitting as a maintenance ticket since early 2013.

I would adequately have our restaurant staffed and we would have an adequate amount of product. 3 times a week we would get a call from another restaurant begging for product or asking for us to send our employees over because they were so short staffed. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours is a great concept until it is please staff my restaurant every week. It was out of control.

Salary. When I was asked to be the general manager I was told about this great bonus structure that would make up for the salary being less than deserved. After 5 months I never received any information about it nor a cent. Same with my health insurance. I asked over and over again for information so I could get enrolled. Never received it. If you decide to work for this company be prepared to just say yes sir and have no opinion of your own. Also get EVERYTHING IN WRITING when it comes to salary.

The previous 2 or 3 GM's and KM's left after about 3 months as well. The turnover is crazy. It is a constant cycle.

Advice to Management

Don't hire someone as a General Manager of a restaurant and then micromanage them. Listen to what they have to say. As crazy as it sounds they might have a different perspective that could be beneficial, you know since they are in the building 55-60 hours a week. STOP BUYING FAILING RESTAURANTS AND FOCUS ON THE FEW GOOD ONES YOU HAVE.

"Restaurant Manager"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crash course in how a hospitality business should not be run. Owners that has no idea, and are only in the business to take maximum cash out and invest no cash back into their organization to make it better tomorrow.

Cons

No work live balance. No trust from the owners. Employees get treated like they are all criminals. No investment in employees or business infrastructure if it's not a emergency or a state mandatory action required.

Advice to Management

Allow your management teams to manage their restaurants that you hired them to manage. Invest in your people.

"Horrible Management"

Pros

They sometimes pay their employees fairly.

Cons

They do not care about any of their staff only themselves.

"Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

As soon as I walked in on my first day I knew I messed up by accepting the job. I tried giving things a chance, but after 8 weeks of floundering to help make money for a failing company, I moved on. I did not receive one ounce of training and was expected to just figure things out on my own without any support from management or the owners. The owner is a micro-manager but is never around so getting the most basic questions answered would take weeks. Each restaurant has such a horrible reputation in town that when I told my other event planner friends about my new job they were all embarrassed for me. My husband ate at Abel's on the Lake on time and still says to this day how it was the worst food he has ever eaten at a restaurant.
    At least twice while I was there they had auditors in from the Texas Workforce Commission. It soon made sense to me because after I left I was never paid my final paycheck. After months of emails to multiple managers and the owner himself, Ellis finally sent me a pathetic email asking me "what makes you think you deserve to get paid?" What a joke of a human being.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees the money they worked for. I now work for an incredible event planning firm and I will NEVER send any business your way. This company is a joke.

"I still have nightmares"

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its easy to make friends when you all have something in common... that something? Everyone hates working there and hates the owners.

Cons

Everything. Management does what they can but the owners breathe down their backs and make sure they have no say in anything. It's disgusting. I was hired on as "part time" but that only meant that i was working roughly 4 days a week. In those 4 days a week I would work anywhere from 45-60 hours. Steadily. They call them "mid" shifts... you get there an hour after the openers and you stay 9 hours longer than openers. I'm talking 13/14/15 hour shifts. IT'S UNREAL. I've never worked in a restaurant that makes their employees feel so undervalued, under-compensated, under appreciated, worthless, and incompetant... especially because we run the restaurant. This company has gone through like 8 GMs in the short time its been open. It has an entire new floor staff every month. The turnover rate is incredible. They don't care about the customer or the employee, only their money so they can keep buying failing businesses and neglecting those, too. Absolutely disgusting.

Advice to Management

Find a new job before this place goes out of business.

"Management"

I worked at Tradelogic full-time

Pros

I can not think of any pro's to this job.

Cons

The owners will lie, cheat and steal from you. BEWARE

Advice to Management

Quit before you have to get a lawyer to get the money they owe you.

"They sit on a throne of lies!"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my staff. Most of them worked very hard and did little complaining about how slow it was...all the time.

Cons

-No training manuals in place (for any position) at the North location. I was hired in hopes to help with that but was told I'd have to do it off the clock. Um, no?
    -Nepotism
    -Sexism
    -People changing policies and standards all the time
    -Micro managing the management. This wasn't my first rodeo. If they had actually listened to what their managers were telling them, things would have continued to go uphill rather than plateauing then plummeting.
    -My paychecks were rarely correct. Never got paid for the overtime I worked.
    -Either too much staff on at one time or not nearly enough. Everyone gets screwed.
    -Closing the 30,000 sq ft at 2 in the morning by yourself. Real safe.
    -Excuse me, but I've never worked as a manager at a restaurant and not gotten at least one free meal a shift? Seems like a weird thing to complain about, but seriously!

Advice to Management

Sell your assets before you go down with them. It's gonna happen.

"I valued their logic and was optimistic to all ideas entirely, and pushed wholeheartedly until I felt like my self worth was more valuable."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Upper management is on point with their ideas and how they put into words. With their beliefs.. It should work and everyone should be optimistic. It fuels you to continue to be a hard working individual because you believe in these guys and you want to back them.

Cons

The real gritty part would be running an establishment given unrealistic boundaries and limitations with what you're working with. I didn't have the necessary tools to drive us where we needed to be, wanted to be, could have been. More focus. More care. More trust. Most importantly, spend money and make more money. The restaurant/s you bought failed in the first place was because of lack of care and attention. All you have to do is give them that.

In addition, put yourself in a committed role in one of your establishments at a time and learn from them to make you a better leader and you will be able to push your company from 2.5 stars to 5. A leader is the first to jump into battle and show his team how to do it.

There are assets within your company that belittle themselves and hold off on what they can accomplish based on their pay. It's discouraging to them and the settle. It's honesty.

I believe in you and I hope you make a strong come back.

Advice to Management

Although the company strives on throwback restaurants there is no way to defeat the future. It's inevitable and you have to learn to grow with the economy and what guests want. You have to innovate, keep up, and be unique. Spruce your restaurants up a bit and be proud of them whether you have to spend money. It's all worth it in the end. Take a breath, look, learn, and appreciate all of your restaurants for what they are and what they can be as diverse as they are. Lastly, be the face of a good company because it's what's deserved.

"One of the most stressful work environments of my life."

Former Employee - Various in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Various in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zero. There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

Where to begin? I worked in a few different hats for the company and overall felt used, underappreciated, stressed, underpaid and basically unhappy. I've delt with large corporations so I understand how they deal with order and communication. You wont find this here. This company tends to have an ongoing identity crisis, and they're money hungry so they're trying to build an empire but spreading themselves too thin. The people that try to help the "vision" end up getting taken advantage of. I worked there trying to move up, as I do at any place, to a position that I'm making a decent living and happy. I moved up into the worse 6 months of my life, where the rules changed on a daily basis and where upper management clucked like hens tearing apart everything I did.
    As for their restaurants, they don't have a standard when it comes to points of service, they're too money hungry (again) to commit time to develop quality training, they over work their managers and employees to the point where they often walk out, the turnover is worse then any place I've ever seen.
    I personally had a very big issue with getting my final paychecks, for over a month I tried getting my checks, calling and emailing, even showing up to their accounting department to no gratification. Finally I get my last paycheck to which was supposed to be well over half a grand for my hard work. But alas, it'd been deducted to less then a hundred dollars under the false accusation that I destroyed equipment. I never did such a thing and was horrified they'd go to that extreme for me quitting.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Work on the small details, it's what holds up the overall picture you're trying to create.

"A family of Egomaniacs"

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for any of the companies. The entire operation is a nightmare.

Cons

So instead of the owners reading all the honest bad reviews and doing something proactive within their business, they get on here and write three fake 5 star reviews. Get used to lying, it's all they do.
    I know this precise language as they used to sell this BS at employee meetings. What kind of egomaniac writes a review of his own company stating "the owners are extremely intelligent" what laughable buffoonery.
    This place is the armpit of all the Austin companies. I advise you to stay away both as an employee and a customer.

Advice to Management

Go back to Dallas.