Tradesmen International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Michael Webster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good pay and hours with grate benefits" (in 21 reviews)

• "Great company with caring people" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "The constant pressure from upper management" (in 16 reviews)

• "long hours but even the downside has an upside" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Very helpful and outgoing company"

Former Employee - Contract Laborer in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Contract Laborer in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the recruiters are helpful and honest. they always have work and are willing to help

Cons

You may have a little down time

2. "Decent pay, not enough consistency"

Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, pay is decent. They've always tried to secure local work for me but occasionally would have to travel. Beyond 60 mile radius is perform.

Cons

Sometimes I have to sit for a few days waiting for them to find work. Reps need to learn how to do scheduling a lot better so we don't have all these downtimes.

Advice to Management

Train our reps to have better communication with clients so that there isn't any downtime for workers. They need to know a week in advance when each assignment is going to be completed for each worker.

3. "salary"

Pros

flexible schedule
    quick sales cycle
    supportive management

Cons

must go into the office everyday.
    lots of hats to wear
    low salary
    no company car

4. "Pay is decent."

Current Employee - Welder in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Welder in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So far they've done good at finding me work.

Cons

Pay is ok from time to time. I like when they pay 100.00 pee day per diem

5. "Very high stress"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to make money, but at the cost of pushing your wife and friends away.

Cons

The daily micromanage from sales managers and general manager, the fact that we are forced to be in the office by a certain time daily to go over a 3-4 hour long meeting of what they feel is important. The goal changes weekly on what we need to do. One week it’s sales, then it’s nothing but collections, then it’s nothing but MSA’s then it’s no stop all that and get some inactive clients using again. Then it’s no stop that and go back to MSA’s. Then no. Go to these particular prospects that they pick off a sheet of paper. Then it’s everyone stop and go over collections.

But wait there’s more! Just wait until you get up at 4am to get ready and drive to your first walkout. Then you prospect for a while. Stop at some active clients. Get to the office to do what needs to get done, then have a daily operation meeting at 4pm or even later. Then getting home to my family after 8pm sometimes. You can also go ahead and forget taking a vacation. Even if you request time off. You are always working. If you are sick, you must be in the office to work that day. Tradesmen International does not believe in sick days for the sales representatives. Since I have been here. I have seen close to 10 sales reps, 3 project coordinators, 4 administrators all quit or get fired from here and I have only been here close to a year and a half.

Talk about a chop shop. We work are self to the point of madness. The constant stress at all hours of the days. The constant pressure from upper management. It is always push more, grind more.

When it comes down to upper management in this company. They do not care about you. They will say what they want. That goes all the way up to the VP’s. They will say things to your face that will crush you.

More days than not. I work 13+ hours on salary pay. Why yes, salary is nice. But it’s not on what we sell, it’s on what we collect in a timely period. So we have to take time out of our days to collect money from clients that always come up with every excuse on why they aren’t paying.

I have never worked for a company where the sales representative is also the accounts payable. They underpay us and make us do the work of 3 people.

All I say is that doesn’t matter how long or short you have been here. They don’t show respect. I see reps leave this company that have sold over $2,000,000 in a year because of the way we are treated.

Advice to Management

Where do I start... this company will cause you to go mad. This company is a sham, upper management does not care about us. The people that make him/her money. We run a chop shop daily. Always changing the rules and doing something different.

Treat us like humans. Give us time back with our family. This company does not care about us personally. We sacrifice a lot with this job. And all of the representatives in this office all feel the same way. We fight with our wives and kids for this job, we miss sports games, date nights, dinners, birthday parties, precious time with our FAMILY.

We give you everything! We are told to give you 8 strong hours a day, we give you sometimes double that in a day! Give us our lives back! STOP pushing so hard on your sales representatives. We are at the end of the day. The only true faces of this company you want shown. Don’t get me started on the field “skilled” labor.
    Just remember that!

6. "Plumber"

Current Employee - Plumber
    Current Employee - Plumber

I have been working at Tradesmen International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They always have work. Nice company of people. Very friendly.

Cons

Not always what you want to do . But work is work.

7. "Hope destroyed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time

Pros

Being able to help put people to work and build relationships with your clients

Cons

Everything upper management, work you to the bone, under paid but told that you need to be available around the clock and that work starts at 7 and you need to be there until 6pm. Don’t mind the hours but when you’re not properly compensated or appreciated well it’s hard to feel good about coming to work. Turn over rate for office is highest I have ever seen. Unhappiness runs wild through out organization.

Advice to Management

Clear out the old management and start working with people who actually understand your culture and the space you work in and quit hiring anyone who has a pulse

8. "Laborer"

Current Employee - Laborer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Laborer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady work. Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Long days. Pay could be slightly better.

Advice to Management

N/a

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with caring people. Family oriented.

Cons

Not too many. The downsides are very minimal.

10. "Decent place, up and coming company"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comission, fast pace, perks,

Cons

Long hrs, multiple multiple hats to own,