Tradesmen International Reviews | Glassdoor

Tradesmen International Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good pay and hours with grate benefits (in 19 reviews)

• great company that offers a wide array of opportunity (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes long hours but what job doesn't have a con (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management is always pressing for more and never acknowledging success (in 12 reviews)

1. "Skilled Labor"

Current Employee - Manager in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Appleton, WI

Pros

Tradesmen International offers steady work, competitive pay, flexibility and benefits. Skilled trade workers that are dependable, hard working and safety minded often stay working longer due to the large number of contractors that partner with Tradesmen International.

Cons

Must embrace company #1 core value, safety.

2. "Working for Tradesmen International"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Large footprint across the United States.
    Abundance of opportunities.
    Professionally ran company.
    Cares about their employees

Cons

None at this current time.

3. "Atmoshpere"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Tradesmen International (Less than a year)

Pros

Tradesmen International provides a family atmosphere solidified through constant teamwork that enhances not only office workflow but customer experiences when working with Tradesmen employees.

Cons

All 'thoughts' to place here are actually more Pros. No cons, especially with office Atmosphere

Advice to Management

Keep the eye on the prize! Fantastic people met with positivity and treated with respect provide amazing results!

4. "anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family like culture in the Allentown location. Everyone genuinely cares and works hard to keep everyone working full-time. good pay, benefits, and awesome people is a great formula.

Cons

not many from my view.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Tradesmen International Alternative for steady employment"

Current Employee - General Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - General Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tradesmen International, the nation’s leading total construction support group, has been instrumental with increasing production for its clients on thousands of jobsites throughout the nation and has been the chosen home to thousands of skilled craftsmen.
    Our skilled employees choose to work for Tradesmen because we offer an exceptional option over the fluctuations and reliability of steady work due to the normal rise and fall of productive construction on projects or with a single contractor.
    The Tradesmen International alternative offers steady work due to our partnerships with thousands of contractors throughout the nation. This put us on many high profile projects and an exciting career for our employees. Simply put, Tradesmen International craftsmen can work on their current assignment with the confidence that they will have another assignment as their project comes to a close. It is Tradesmen’s goal to provide reliable work with fair compensation, benefits, and opportunity to further the employee’s skills and career growth.
    In addition to steady work, top pay and benefits (health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurances, 401K and paid vacations), Tradesmen International offers its employees with opportunity. With over 130 offices nationally and our growing traveling division TI craftsmen have the freedom to relocate almost anywhere in the country without losing their status with the company.
    In conclusion, working for tradesmen international is not just a job. If the craftsman has a good work ethic, strong personal values, exceptional abilities and skills along with a strong desire to be the best, then he may be strong candidate to join our team across the country and advance in his/her career along with providing a better life for their families.

Cons

Must have own reliable transportation

"Poorly Managed"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Avon, CT
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Avon, CT

I worked at Tradesmen International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with plenty of sales positions always open at entry level in a very competitive business

Cons

Very poorly managed and a HR nightmare at field offices with a very high turnover rate for employees

7. "Drywall Carpenter"

Former Employee - Drywaller in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Drywaller in Columbus, OH

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, clean, friendly atmosphere, honest folks

Cons

Work slows down some of the time

Advice to Management

None

8. "Great Place To work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay, People, Atmosphere, Career Growth, Management

Cons

There are not any pros

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Miami, FL

Pros

A lot of opportunity for growth

Cons

I have no Cons about this company. So far everything has been pleasant

10. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're looking for a great company with an exciting, fast paced, challenging environment with unlimited earning potential, Tradesmen should be on the forefront of your job search. I have been with the company for 8 years and have been fortunate enough to see Tradesmen International evolve into the premier construction labor support company in the country. There is consistent growth year after year locally and across the nation. It's an exciting time to be part of the team here.

Cons

Not as many people coming out of school these days are going into the construction trades like they used to so it has made our job a bit more challenging in finding qualified candidates during the busy season. However, this has made Tradesmen that much more valuable to our client base. Tradesmen allows them to focus on their field of expertise while we do what we are best at which is searching, recruiting, screening, hiring etc. for them.