Cover image for Tradesmen International

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Tradesmen International Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 19, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 908 of over 910 reviews
3.2
49% Recommend to a Friend
56% Approve of CEO

Found 27 of over 910 reviews

3.2
Tradesmen International CEO Martin Wick (no image)
Martin Wick

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the pay is good but only if you actually get to get a contract to work on(in 66 reviews)
  • "Nice people to work with and talk to(in 27 reviews)
  • "You are guaranteed to get your paycheck every week and the medical benefits are great.(in 17 reviews)
  • "you get to travel and work in places you never been .... sometimes good money(in 16 reviews)
  • "Per diem and decent salary.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tradesmen International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

would recommend

Oct 7, 2015 - Electrician in Topeka, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has good Industry contacts

Cons

pay issues should be verified with upper management before committing to a job.

2. 1.0

Stop while you're ahead

Oct 19, 2021 - Project Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff at the local offices were all great people to work with The commission plan that I started on was great

Cons

Cutting commission from monthly to annual and providing no guidelines or KPI's to figure out what to expect for a commission check. Too many layers of upper management who have nothing to do besides change processes for the sake of changing processes. Centralizing the project coordinators and managing them out of a corporate office with zero identity, zero direction and zero grasp on state/regional construction industries. This was the nail in the coffin. We had a good thing going and they ruined it.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Tradesmen International team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not the worst place to work

May 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn/grow and work with different departments

Cons

Upper management seems disconnected from regular workers

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Sales presentations, lead generation, and account management

May 14, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and opportunity for a large salary

Cons

Little training and support from upper management and field employees of Tradesmen International were extremely difficult to work with

6. 3.0

Can not recommend!

Apr 29, 2020 - Account Executive in Lithia Springs, Optional[GA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Due to the nature of the work... helping to put folks to work... there is a real since of satisfaction,

Cons

Although local management was caring and supportive, upper management was seemingly stuck in time with antiquated systems and technology as well as old school ideas when it came to there approach to sales.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Feb 28, 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training Department at corporate is great and will prepare you for success!

Cons

Local management will derail the training from corporate and sabotage everything you learned the right way. Upper management C-level to AM will plot and plan to remove you if you are not a part of the club! Proceed with caution!

8. 2.0

Territory Representative

Dec 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great commission plan. Unlike any other company. Very good for someone just starting in sales to develop sales skills

Cons

Very stressful dealing with people, management of people, and all their problems If you don't have a well established office with companies already using your services, its very difficult to start from scratch Bad upper management. Not grateful Can be very cumbersome

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very high stress

Oct 1, 2018 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to make money, but at the cost of pushing your wife and friends away.

Cons

The daily micromanage from sales managers and general manager, the fact that we are forced to be in the office by a certain time daily to go over a 3-4 hour long meeting of what they feel is important. The goal changes weekly on what we need to do. One week it’s sales, then it’s nothing but collections, then it’s nothing but MSA’s then it’s no stop all that and get some inactive clients using again. Then it’s no stop that and go back to MSA’s. Then no. Go to these particular prospects that they pick off a sheet of paper. Then it’s everyone stop and go over collections. But wait there’s more! Just wait until you get up at 4am to get ready and drive to your first walkout. Then you prospect for a while. Stop at some active clients. Get to the office to do what needs to get done, then have a daily operation meeting at 4pm or even later. Then getting home to my family after 8pm sometimes. You can also go ahead and forget taking a vacation. Even if you request time off. You are always working. If you are sick, you must be in the office to work that day. Tradesmen International does not believe in sick days for the sales representatives. Since I have been here. I have seen close to 10 sales reps, 3 project coordinators, 4 administrators all quit or get fired from here and I have only been here close to a year and a half. Talk about a chop shop. We work are self to the point of madness. The constant stress at all hours of the days. The constant pressure from upper management. It is always push more, grind more. When it comes down to upper management in this company. They do not care about you. They will say what they want. That goes all the way up to the VP’s. They will say things to your face that will crush you. More days than not. I work 13+ hours on salary pay. Why yes, salary is nice. But it’s not on what we sell, it’s on what we collect in a timely period. So we have to take time out of our days to collect money from clients that always come up with every excuse on why they aren’t paying. I have never worked for a company where the sales representative is also the accounts payable. They underpay us and make us do the work of 3 people. All I say is that doesn’t matter how long or short you have been here. They don’t show respect. I see reps leave this company that have sold over $2,000,000 in a year because of the way we are treated.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

Hope destroyed

Aug 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to help put people to work and build relationships with your clients

Cons

Everything upper management, work you to the bone, under paid but told that you need to be available around the clock and that work starts at 7 and you need to be there until 6pm. Don’t mind the hours but when you’re not properly compensated or appreciated well it’s hard to feel good about coming to work. Turn over rate for office is highest I have ever seen. Unhappiness runs wild through out organization.

11. 2.0

Branch office review

Nov 27, 2017 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to earn is prevalent.

Cons

Expectations from middle/ upper management are unrealistic and are used as grounds for terminating the office staff on a frequent basis throughout the company. However, so called training is only partially available to help ensure I individuals successfully achieving company expectations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Tradesmen International Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Tradesmen International? Share Your Experiences

Tradesmen International logo

Tradesmen International Careers

Cover image for Tradesmen International

As North America's premier Construction Labor Support company, Tradesmen International offers contractors and industrial clients a direct...More

• Core Values
  • Careers
  • Employee Spotlight

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

88 days ago

Employee Story
Allison has been at Tradesmen for around four years and we truly believe she goes above and beyond for the field employees she helps hire and coordinate. She is always on her A-game to bring the best assistance to them through the hiring process. Allison is also quick to assist fellow project coordinators with questions or training. Also worth noting is that Allison is always able to take feedback and understands that there is always room to improve on how things are done.
Shared image

202 days ago

Employee Story
We are pleased to spotlight Field Employee, Juan Schonten, for the month of May.   Juan has been with Tradesmen for 4 years.  He has over 7,300 hours with Tradesmen.  Juan is one of those employees that you can count on to be at work on time, be productive, and to be safe.  He is requested back from multiple contractors and just an all-around A employee. We appreciate all you do for Tradesmen and for our Clients, Juan!  Thank you for being an exemplary employee and excellent at your craft!
Shared image

Tradesmen International Photos

+ Add Photo
Tradesmen International photo of: Our craftsmen emphasize Safety, Productivity and Craftsmanship
Tradesmen International photo of: Glove Safety
Tradesmen International photo of: Be Safe
Tradesmen International photo of: Bend the Knee
Tradesmen International photo of: Veteran Strong
Tradesmen International photo of: safety culture
Tradesmen International photo of: Tradesmen has 1000's of Renewable Energy Craft Professionals

Expert Career Advice

Northeast Tradesmen Logo
Northeast Tradesmen

2.0

Compare

Glassdoor has 910 Tradesmen International reviews submitted anonymously by Tradesmen International employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Tradesmen International is right for you.