Found 100 of over 105 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Dog friendly office" (in 12 reviews)
- "The people at Tradesy are amazing." (in 7 reviews)
- "Amazing coworkers" (in 6 reviews)
- "The people here are passionate and make a great team." (in 5 reviews)
- "The dogs around the office is a great work environment and perfect for dog lovers (and owners)." (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper management are alarmingly inept and the level of employee abuse/workload is mindboggling/illegal. Don't expect FMV salary for your work" (in 7 reviews)
- "Leadership was constantly change priorities and the scolding and disrespectful manner in which the founders addressed individual team members in meetings was unacceptable." (in 7 reviews)
- "No work life balance at all" (in 5 reviews)
- "Management also makes it a point to exploit employees by making others do their work even though you don’t get paid to do their job while they run and go get coffee." (in 5 reviews)
- "Favorites are picked and discarded on a regular basis." (in 4 reviews)
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Trust and Community SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
I started working at Tradesy in March of 2022, and the culture was great. Everyone was communicative and helpful. Good benefits as well. Sadly, the company was acquired.
No cons that I can think of.
- 5.0Jul 17, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Monica, CA
The people were great Remote friendly Benefits
I wish tradesy was still around.
- 5.0May 7, 2023Member Care SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsCulver City, CA
Tradesy is gonna be missed. It was great while it lasted.
I hate that Tradesy was acquired by Vestiaire.
- 1.0Aug 18, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
-Amazing CEO: So well spoken, an amazing leader, any issues within the company and in the world were issued with grace -So much potential: An amazing business model and very technology driven (cool way of going about this industry!) -Great hires: Everyone is so educated and experienced within their roles and learned from a wide variety of people -Permanent WFH (flexible schedule, etc) -Work off-site: *chefs kiss*
-Working down to the wire: no time for edits, super fast-paced, work was always frantic -CEO said she'd NEVER sell the company and quickly sold to Vestiaire Collective (lol) -The worst con: I had the worlds worst manager. My manager had zero boundaries and would Slack/text/email me if I did not respond within 10 minutes. I've even gotten calls after work hours asking me to do something. They also were super inappropriate at work; they would cuss, call people names behind their backs, and roll their eyes. Initially meeting them they were sweet and I was so excited to get to work with them as they had a great portfolio/resume and knew I'd learn a lot but I learned absolutely nothing as they worked in a frantic manner. I have never felt so on-edge and anxious at work before in my entire career (and it was WFH, how bad is that)2
- 5.0Feb 9, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
great people, atmosphere, positivity, great culture and morale
flexibility, hours, some people, customers, members
- 5.0Oct 28, 2022Member Care SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Amazing company to work for, great sense of community which is hard to do when working fully remote! Tracy is the best CEO ever and truly cares about her employees.
none at all, best company I have worked for
- 1.0Jan 22, 2023Member Care SpecialistFormer EmployeeCulver City, CA
Quitting the job and the company being acquired by another company
The environment, management, organization, ever changing rules and policies
- 1.0Nov 19, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
-There were free lunches before everything went remote. -There is a lot of lip service about being a cool and down to earth company so sometimes there will be unexpected parties, etc (but god help you if your work is not completed before the party)
Beyond one of the more toxic work environments I have ever experienced. - This is because there is a strange facade of being cool/nice/laidback but beneath that, is essentially a rat king-style mess. - In my time at Tradesy, the executive team was essentially a revolving door. Those that did not agree with / who challenged / or who made the CEO Tracy feel insecure quickly left or were invited to leave. - This kind of atmosphere naturally trickles down and infects the entire company despite there being some actually good middle managers and team leads on board. If you do decide to waste your time here, plan on absolutely no raises, albeit a livable starting salary meaning you won't find yourself driving for Lyft on the weekends to make ends meet.5
- 3.0Sep 11, 2022Member Care SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Remote work, god entry-level salary, engaging team and opportunities to collab with other teams
Policies are not made for a great customer experience. Many customers unhappy. No clear directions from management, unorganized work enviornment.
- 5.0Jan 13, 2022Member Care LeadCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I have officially been with Tradesy for 30 days and my experience with Member Care has been outstanding. I am completing training, and although most of my experience with the has been in a training environment, I have had multiple interactions with various members of the leadership team. I have found them to be engaging, transparent, and caring individuals who are fully aware of the company’s challenges. They are committed to creating a harmonious work environment that demonstrates diversity and inclusion, fairness and resourcefulness, has a solid action plan for employee growth and development as well as providing a non-traditional platform for employees to feel safe to share their concerns. While no leadership team is perfect, the first step to changing the climate within an organization is to have a leadership team that is dedicated to solving many of the concerns that employees have. In my opinion, that is a step in the right direction and I am honored and thrilled to be a part of the Tradesy team! As a new Member Care Team Lead, the dynamics of the team have evolved. Now that the Member Care Team is 100% remote, this significantly reduces the typical inappropriate “office”behaviors such as gossiping, harassment, and other face-to-face unpleasantries that create toxic work environments. There is increased collaboration and a real sense of teamwork and accountability that Member Care has developed and it’s exciting to watch. I highly recommend considering Tradesy as a top contender if you want to be a part of a team that is sincere in not only making a profit, but investing heavily in its greatest resource-employees.
There is not an organization in this country that doesn’t have challenges, and Tradesy is no different. The good news is that the leadership team is aware of the organization’s shortcomings and they are actively working on improvements. An example of a work-in-progress would include Member Care training. It’s strength is that the design is strong and includes ample time to get new hires onboard with their daily responsibilities and there is a solid training action plan. A challenge includes various tools and methodologies that are not being utilized to enhance the new hire training experience. However, the leadership team is aware and have plans for improvement. Consequently, I’ve never seen an organization that didn’t have this concern, but I have seen organizations that are aware of the concern but the issue is not a priority. This is not the case in Member Care. Truly, through new hire feedback and being determined to succeed despite any challenges is the best solution to overcoming a training obstacle.
Tradesy Reviews FAQs
Tradesy has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 105 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Tradesy to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.
64% of Tradesy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tradesy 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.