Tradeweb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lee Olesky

1. "good strategic vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

treat people well, respect and good advancement prospeect

Cons

can be a heavy workload

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Vice President Credit Sales"

I have been working at Tradeweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Future is bright at this firm

Cons

there is nothing to right about cons-

3. "Electronic trading firm"

Current Employee - US Markets in New York, NY
    Current Employee - US Markets in New York, NY

I have been working at Tradeweb full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Learn a lot about capital markets while working here.

Cons

Working for such a specific role can pigeonhole you into one niche.

5. "Extremely fullfilling 15 year career, enjoyed being part of the launch to seeing Tradeweb attain global leading status."

Pros

Very vibrant group of colleagues. Strong team culture. Unique ability to lead market innovation in the fixed income and derivative space. Enjoy the opportunity to interact with global leading market participants, including money center banks, hedge funds, asset managers, pensions, central banks, etc. Become well versed accross multiple asset classes.

Cons

I find tradeweb to be a very positive working enviroment, I do not have reason to note any cons.

6. "Wonderful company and I had very rewarding experiance."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Tradeweb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Wonderful culture and coworkers. A leader in the electronic trading space and consistently adding new and innovations to the space.

Cons

Requires a lot of self motivation

7. "Great company to work for - one of my best career experiences!"

Pros

Successful company - leader in financial services technology! I've been here for 5 years and I look forward to what 2015 will bring. Professional, friendly, team atmosphere. My manager has been very supportive of my career goals and has provided me with many learning opportunities. Senior management is very approachable and supportive.

Cons

I have no "cons" to note.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing - it works!

8. "Global Market Leader"

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Tradeweb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We listen to our customer's needs and translate that into solutions.
    We are the market leader in the majority of our products globally.
    Getting things done is a priority.
    Exciting time to learn about and be a part of the fixed income and derivative market places.

Cons

One must be a team player to work well within our corporate culture.

9. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Tremendous organization with an entrepreneurial spirit and the willingness to listen to the ideas of their employees and put them to action.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

I was originally an intern, but am now full time. In summary, I love my job and the company. The internship program at Tradeweb was fantastic. They matched my skill set with the data analytics role (something I had never heard of) and now it's my career. Everyone at Tradeweb has been incredibly friendly and helpful throughout my learning process. No one got frustrated when I asked questions or made mistakes. The office atmosphere and culture are great as well. It is a very casual work environment with no official dress code or start/end time. I have been given a lot of autonomy over my projects. I have been given tasks to do, but I have also been encouraged to start my own initiatives. It is a great environment for self-starters, but if you need some direction there are plenty of people who can show you the way, or at least help you figure it out. The compensation and benefits are unmatched (at least in my experience). There is a great work/life balance and the pay is spectacular! The people I work with are not just helpful, but friendly as well. I ACTUALLY enjoy getting drinks with colleagues after work and some of my co-workers are now good friends. This is something that has been rare for me in the past. Work is much more enjoyable when you like the people you're working with. I know this sounds obvious, but it took me a while to realize how big of a difference it makes. Beyond being friendly and helpful, everyone who works at Tradeweb is really smart too. I have learned a considerable amount since joining Tradeweb and I am constantly impressed by the abilities of my colleagues. Tradeweb is a great place to work no matter what your personality type or skill set. There is something here for almost everyone and I would encourage anyone interested to submit a resume even if there is nothing suited to you available. As I mentioned before, Tradeweb is exceptionally good at recognizing talent and finding places for people.

Cons

Not much in the way of cons at Tradeweb. But, for some people this could be an issue. There is a very non-linear organizational chart. Meaning, it is not clear who is reporting to who. It has been made very explicit who I report to, but I'm not exactly sure who they report to after. This can make things a little complicated at times, but I have personally had no problem with it. This also can be considered by some as a pro because it means everyone is approachable and you can progress within the company on the path that you make. There are no set career paths, so it is really up to you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. All of my managers have been very fair and friendly. They're all really nice and have been nothing but helpful and a pleasure to spend time with.

11. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Tradeweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Tradeweb. The company is a leader in its space, and there is a lot of respect for the brand and business when I tell others in the industry where I work. The company has an entrepreneurial feel, and there is a lot of opportunity to get involved in different aspects of the business -- especially compared with the larger financial company that I came from prior to working here. I really enjoy the people that I work with. It is a collegial atmosphere and usually lots of fun! I have a great work-life balance, too. Our hours are usually 8-5:30, which gives me time to focus on the volunteer hobbies that I care about outside of my full-time job.

Cons

It helps to have a self-starting attitude and to really own your projects/ideas or there’s a risk of falling into a pattern where you are maintaining your skills rather than continually growing them. If you coming up with ideas, you’ll usually get enthusiastic support and trust to implement them. I love this aspect of my job because I have a lot of ownership over my functional area and I feel very invested in my work, but it may not be the best fit for someone who prefers more explicit guidance and direction.