KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tradewinds Island Resorts Reviews

Updated May 24, 2022

Found 85 of over 87 reviews

3.5
Tradewinds Island Resorts Owner Joe Smith (no image)
Joe Smith

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great for high school/college students

Mar 24, 2022 - Beach Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to meet new people

Cons

If you can’t handle working in the heat, not recommended

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management and stuck in the “glory days”

Apr 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Views and employee lunch were nice

Cons

This property got hit hard during Covid as any other hotel in the business. However, they are stuck in old ways and how things used to be. Instead of attempting to change or improve operations based on the new hospitality environment, they just keep blaming low staffing and preaching about “old Tradewinds”. Other properties are adapting, meanwhile this property will stick to their old outdated systems and processes that continues to fail with lower staffing levels and drive staff out. They pay so unbelievably low compared to their competitors. Management has been there for years and will not adapt to new times and new demands and will laugh or mock at new ideas. They also brush EVERYTHING under the rug, including HR. Lots of harassment issues and nothing done about it. Management talks poorly of staff as soon as they leave the room - incredibly toxic environment. They think because they are “Tradewinds” people should be so lucky to work there… when in reality rooms are beyond outdated and overpriced while staff is severely underpaid. It’s a shame because maybe the “old Tradewinds” really was a great place to work but I highly recommend avoiding this property until they really make some major changes. I was able to leave and find a much better working environment lots of other great opportunities in the area.

Continue reading
  3. 3.0

Beach resort

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at the number 1 beach resort

Cons

Working at a beach resort

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

High school all over again.

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice scenery. On the beach.

Cons

High school drama. Managers won't help when you need it. Trucks are never on time, or we get all of them in at one time. Guests are so rude and entitled. Cant move up in the company even though I was told I could in my initial interview.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

I love my job

Feb 26, 2022 - Front Office Manager in Saint Pete Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with an incredible team that selflessly works to make the guest experience exceptional and is supportive of each other.

Cons

The hospitality industry is very challenging right now with a shortage of employees and a lack of applications.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Get with the times

Apr 5, 2022 - Beach Attendant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a resort and it is nice being in the beach and seeing people enjoy their vacations.

Cons

They need to get with the times and pay properly. Adults can not live off of what they pay.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Beach property reality

Jun 27, 2021 - Banquet Captain in Saint Pete Beach, Optional[FL]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empowerment to assist guests adding to their experience without having to find a manager to approve requests for enhanced customer service.. within reason of course. This is a large beach property with the most meeting space on the gulf coast under one hat. We could knock out buffets for 1,000 in under 25 min, twice a day, sometimes three. If you like to bust butt and like to be busy all day.. this is the place.

Cons

Base pay is very low (grats is where it’s at here). Prepare to work/prep and shlep banquet gear and food across property outdoors, rain or shine in 90% humidity.. many times in a tux. If you understand what working on a beach property means, you’ll be fine.

Continue reading
  8. 5.0

Lots of benefits

Jan 12, 2022 - Server/Waitress
    Business Outlook

Pros

Customers and co-workers are genuine

Cons

If you work in the sand you will always go home with some

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Declining work conditions

Nov 14, 2021 - Certified Pool Operator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scenic work environment. Live music.

Cons

Changing management/ownership means everything is run differently. This used to be a top rated employer. I believe this will no longer be the case under new ownership. There was no real plan to implement covid policies. They cut staff by 75% in my department and added responsibilities. I was doing three peoples jobs and helping another department that went down to zero staff. The management essentially created a document to satisfy CDC guidelines for COVID, and then didn’t give us the resources to actually implement any such policy. It was basically all a lie.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Eh

Feb 4, 2022 - Data Entry Administrator in Saint Pete Beach, Optional[FL]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers, location, view, office, free rooms

Cons

Managers, misogynistic, pay, benefits, parking

Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews

Tradewinds Island Resorts Reviews FAQs

Tradewinds Island Resorts has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 87 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Tradewinds Island Resorts to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tradewinds Island Resorts employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tradewinds Island Resorts. This rating has decreased by -19% over the last 12 months.

61% of Tradewinds Island Resorts employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tradewinds Island Resorts 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tradewinds Island Resorts to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Tradewinds Island Resorts Job Seekers