Trail Blazers Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Malkovich

1. "Big time learning experience"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Trail Blazers.
    The people really care about each individual person's growth and development.
    It is a great team environment!!
    Everyday, I learned how to push myself to hit bigger and bigger goals. I had people teach me how to set goals, too, which was really cool. It's something I'll be able to use anywhere I go

Cons

I did not experience any negatives. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a positive work environment, the opportunity to advance in a career, and the desire to work hard & be rewarded on a daily basis. BUT if you're plan is to collect a paycheck and to not put in full effort, you won't do well. Prepare to experience performance-based work. What you put in is what you get back.

Advice to Management

Jon's energy is great! More of that! I'll be back this summer.

2. "Hardwork is Rewarded. Definately will have growing pains."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started as an intern last year, and I appreciated everyone who helped me through the 8 months I was working. Jon is a very understanding manager, and he will help you set/meet your goals. If you're looking for a internship I would say that they offer one of the best ones out there. You maybe be going door to door everyday, but you learn a lot in this position. If you were scared and worried like I was then take this position. It's entry level so the growing pains of the position is inevitable. Give the company about a month before you really make a decision if the position is for you or not. What people don't remember about this position is that you're not suppose to strive to be a door to door sales rep for the rest of your life. You're suppose to strive for management... If this company was actually a scam why would I come back to the company after graduation? The people are the best part of the job. It does feel like a family especially if you go to team and crew nights.

Cons

The sales rep don't get to eat in the office, but it keeps our office looking nice. Definitely long hours, but if you think about it it's a 9-5 but 3hrs later in the day. True you have meetings in the morning, but those are needed so that you are updated on the client's product/pricing. The client's product might be hard to convince people to buy, but it is slowly getting better. They also are going through growing pains. There will be bad days, but how you handle will speak more about you and your character than what the company is about. There are a lot of companies like this one out there, but this might have the better environment. I can say that since I've worked at a few,

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with people. People will eventually know that it is a door to door sales. They will realize they won't get paid for their 2-4 days of training. Make sure everyone starts out with the same information. Don't let employees get away with bad behavior. Maybe consider a different client.

3. "I have learned so much in this career and grown tremendously!"

Current Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part is that we work well together and are continuing to grow each day. Our office is high energy and makes the days go by fast

Cons

The office is pretty big but could have a bigger pool table. We can't eat food in office due to the management of the entire building.

5. "Professional fun. Good pay."

Current Employee - Professional Development Trainer in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Professional Development Trainer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company for me is finally a business that allows me to have fun and still gain career and professional advancement. I am making good money. It is based on how hard I am willing to work and how good I am at my position.

Cons

I'll admit that the first few weeks had it's growing pains because I had zero experience in sales or marketing. But tough times do not last, tough people do. The first few weeks was okay money during training. Now that I am trained I make a really good paycheck.

Advice to Management

I enjoy how much you guys work with and participate with the community and charity. I would love our next charity event to be for breast cancer awareness!

6. "marketing."

Former Employee - Marketing in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Marketing in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they were the best people.

Cons

worked wired work hours for a shift.

7. "door to door sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-everyone was very nice that you will work with

Cons

-they avoid telling you what you are actually going to do during the interview
    - Gloss over a lot of the details of the job in the interview
       -Pay, work details, hours, attire, and the companies turnover rate to name a few.
    - there is not real room to grow unless you can live with your parents until you can make your way up to a base salary position.

Advice to Management

pay your workers and be honest with the people you are interviewing. stop trying to sell people on this idea that you can make a decent living going door to door selling something people don't want.

8. "Fun, tons of personal growth and hardwork for days"

Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a great group of people. If I had to sum them up it would be a goofy supportive and very motivated team. They spend time outside of the office at what they call "office night" and it a chance to blow off some steam they hang out and usually 1 or 2 will find the managers mike "malk" and Jon and chat with them. It's definitely somewhere where you'll spend a lot of time with your coworkers and if you're into that you'll feel like you're part of a big family. The family feel translates into training as well. It's very hands on, a trainer will show you the ropes and put in a lot of time for you which is different then anywhere else I've worked. The work isn't easy and you have to work hard to get good but at no point did I feel like I didn't have support, they preach setting up 1 on 1 meetings with other more veteren employees to get help with the things that you're struggling with. Finally I really like the companies ability to balance that fun environment with professionalism and an incredibly ambitious feel. I worked here for a few months made it through part of the management training program they have and I've used the skills at my new job to separate myself. Take a chance it may not be for you but you will be a better person trying something outside of your comfort zone a learning a lot about sale & marketing as well as leadership.

Cons

It's a huge time commitment, people who just want part time or a way to make a quick buck it isn't worth it. If you're not planning to fully invest yourself everyday and for a few months then it won't be for you. They also don't allow any complaining sometimes it's nice to be able to just vent but if you want to they want it to be in a 1 on 1 setting so don't be a "neg bomb". Also no food a drink allowed which is wierd, I haven't had that rule since high school.

Advice to Management

Talk about how the skills taught here are applicable everywhere (I feel like they don't because they don't want people to quit and take the skills to be great elsewhere). This is a professional work place, it's ok if people bring coffee or a bagel to work. Finally keep helping people get better it's nice to see a company actually care about people progressing would keep it up.

9. "Built my resume and solid place for building skills"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Portland, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the fact that I did not have to have prior experience to be part of the company. Starting entry level was great since I have only worked odd jobs here and there prior to TBM. Learning important skills such as effective leadership, public speaking, interviewing, training, team building and presenting a great products to different clients. I grateful for the leadership and coaching of my peers and the management team. My experience and skills that I learned from TBM helped me get and excel in my new career. Pool table, TVs, and the high energy was a great bonus as well!

Cons

Learning the systems was easy but can be tough to apply if I did not use it correctly. No 401k. Hours were a little weird at the beginning but I got used to it. No food and drink rule sucks.

Advice to Management

Let your guys have drinks at least. Maybe not coffee because everyone is already very hyper and high energy.

10. "Review"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were amazing, and there is a lot of growth opportunities. The start time is great, 10:30.

Cons

no benefits, door to door sales, and a low wages. you have to make a god amount of sales for that you get your commission because the bases pay is so low.

"Great opportunity. Amazing atmosphere. Delightful people."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full hands on training.
    Great amount of recognition.
    Always having fun.
    Competitive pay.
    Learn how to train and interview.
    Amazing potential to grow.

Cons

What you put in is what you get out.
    Love the pool table but wish it was a ping pong table

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and keep taking care of the people. Love the family environment.