Trailer Park Reviews | Glassdoor

Trailer Park Reviews

Updated Sep 3, 2019

Found 84 reviews

3.3
Trailer Park CEO Rick Eiserman (no image)
Rick Eiserman
Cons

"Creative Director Trailer Park"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top down love management. Get to work on amazing campaigns, wonderful work culture. Our department is big on opportunities to move up and mentoring.

Cons

Engine is the big daddy. Trailer Park, Trailer Park Creative, Art Machine, Mirada are the children of the parent company. Each department has a different vibe. Ours is amazing, but people confuse "us" with "them" and they have a pretty lousy rep. So other departments may have a terrible work-life, angry and aggressive managers... but some of us have it great, and are happy and lucky to work on the projects we do!

Advice to Management

To Engine: Ask the actual designers and editors about their department. Find out who loves and who hates their jobs. Look at how long people stay at their jobs, and model the high turn over departments after the low turn over. Keep your people happy and they will produce for you.

Trailer Park2018-09-29
  2. "I enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Editor in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big clients. Talented co-workers.

Cons

Easily can become just another body. Bottom line will always win.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on

Trailer Park2019-09-04
  3. "Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Producer

I worked at Trailer Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good clients, friendly people, competitive salary

Cons

Departments that don't work well together

Trailer Park2019-07-27
  4. "Good work, No Overtime"

Former Employee - Editor

I worked at Trailer Park full-time for less than a year

Pros

People were nice. Systems were OK. Decently priced catered lunch. The view is cool.

Cons

Constantly shifting priorities. Promised overtime was never delivered. Parking is tough.

Advice to Management

Either embrace overtime or stop promising/alluding to it.

Trailer Park2019-07-26
  5. "Overall an amazing place"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Trailer Park full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of personalities if you’re outgoing so you can create a lot of great friendships. Lots of fun company events and great snacks!

Cons

The pay gap between junior roles and senior is stupid. You definitely have to speak up and make a place for yourself if you want to grow within. No one shows you the ropes or gives you direction, it’s kind of a popularity contest so if you’re down to play that game go for it.

Advice to Management

Remember the people below you who keep everything running on a daily basis.

Trailer Park2019-07-05
  6. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Department Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and they produce good work!

Cons

Very unorganized in regards to events, full company meetings and HR.

Advice to Management

Could be more organized through out the company

Trailer Park2019-05-31

"Stay Clear if you want a good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

Great benefits, majority of people are nice.

Cons

Toxic work-place where there is no shortage of nepotism. Which means a lot of inexperienced people in high power positions. I have never seen such child like behavior coming from upper management in any company I've work for before. Company has no real management structure as you would expect from other companies comparable in size. Because of this there is no work/life balance here.

Advice to Management

Take time to actually understand what your job is responsible for and how your decisions impact many other people.

Trailer Park2019-02-09
  8. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can only really comment on my department because each department is very segregated from the next. Separate floors - basically zero interaction with your parallels in other departments except in the cafeteria. That said, despite being recently laid off I loved working at TP. My management was great, as long as you got everything you needed to done, you had a pretty long leash and the work-life balance was... really good for an A/V agency. Occasional overtime, a couple Sundays a year maybe max - but quite tame considering other options for employment out there. I was encouraged to push creative regularly, rewarded for jobs well done and truthfully learned quite a bit from my creative directors. The people on my team were best in class, people you 'd want to hang out with outside of work and build genuine friendships with. Definitely the hardest part about getting let go. Company wide perks - good benny's - 401k with match, standard vaca Subsidized catered lunch basically 6 bucks a day for all you can eat - decent food. Can order out as well and the first 6 bucks is on the company. A couple places in walking distance worth going to but just a hand full.

Cons

Location is a tough one. Smack in the center of Hollywood, right at the Chinese Theatre. Getting in and out of here on some mornings/ evenings is a nightmare. Parking lots can get backed up which you are sharing with tourists. Like my normal commute is legit 3 minutes in a car, sometimes took a half an hour when I was dumb enough to drive. 12 story building w/four elevators and no joke you could wait 10 minutes... for elevators in the morning or at lunch if you time it wrong. If I had to get really nitpicky its pretty corporate compared to other AV agencies and the building doesn't help. Some floors are laid out somewhat uniquely and have cool contemporary looking interiors. Others may as well be a call center. Again just getting nitpicky because I don't have a-lot of cons. Last but not least - 10 hour work day - so you have to work over a 50 hour week before you see any overtime pay.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking. Its a tricky business to navigate - you guys are all killing it.

Trailer Park2018-10-17

"Corporate"

I worked at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

Great creative staff; daily catered lunches; bring your dog to work.

Cons

Horrible upper management in “certain”departments. Company is ran by very inexperienced executives with very big ego’s. Understaffed and stressful environment. If you want work/life balance, this isn’t the place for you. They treat their employees like modern day salves with zero appreciation. Department drama is to be expected. I DO NOT recommend!

Advice to Management

Advice to Engine/CEO: Take a Closer look at your upper management, they are not as competent as you think. Certain department heads will eventually get you a lawsuit!

Trailer Park2018-07-29
  10. "Producer"

I worked at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

Nice perks - holiday parties, happy hours, good benefits, 401k

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Management

Mentor your people and they'll stick around longer.

Trailer Park2018-06-27