TrailersPlus Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Snow

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for with increasing opportunity nationwide."

Current Employee - District Manager in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TrailersPlus has great compensation for their employees with a very structured work environment. Management provides all the tools if the employee is willing to buy into company policy to succeed at every level within our business. Everyone at the corporate level genuinely cares about every employee and everyone in the company is accessible through a four digit extension. TrailersPlus believes in promoting within, and growing throughout the nation by coaching and training. I started out a sales consultant and within 4 years with the company have moved my way up the ladder into corporate office. This transition has been greatly accommodated by great training and coaching from my management. If your looking for a great company to work for with incredible opportunity for advancement with great hours. Apply now!

Cons

Hard work is required as we ask a lot out of employees with setting high standards. TrailersPlus gives their employees all the tools and training to be successful but the employee has to buy in. The company needs to continue create procedures for every aspect of their business, and make everything as transparent for all employees. This will help in the growth and success within all levels of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great employees who believe in what you believe, and are willing to work hard and take ownership over their business. A company is only as strong as the employees that work for them.

"Still growing"

Current Employee - ASM in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - ASM in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

There is plenty of room to grow in this company, many of the other reviews dont mention how hard they have worked personally or how competent they are at doing the job. Coming from the manufacturing side of the company over to the retail side I see that it takes a different breed of person to work for this company and like it. if you just do the work and follow the processes you cant go wrong. they invest a lot of money into Employee development and give you all the tools you needs to be successful. you get payed what your worth and if you are dead wait you will be cut loose. to me that is great. One thing to keep in mind is this is the only job iv ever had straight out of high school so I may be a little brain-washed ;)

Cons

it is micro managed and there is a lack of trust from the top down. but how much would you trust someone that is in charge of around $300,000 dollars of your inventory that lives on the other side of the country? If you dont hold your employees accountable for their actions they will take advantage of you, I have seen it at many of our stores, but some of the things like leaving the training topic off of your PVA will result in the loss of a bonus for the month, that is just stupid.

Advice to Management

come see the stores for your self a little more often. and take peoples opinions seriously on the meetings instead of asking what we think and then finding wholes in the idea. Just because we don't sit in the corporate office doesn't mean we aren't smart enough to have good ideas. Maybe think about some of the negative reviews you get, and do something about them instead of just poking wholes in them.

"Tons of potential but not there yet."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Marysville, WA

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has amazing potential to become a great company with high potential earnings.

Cons

Trailers Plus says that that care about work life balance but in reality if you can't complete 12 hours of work within 8 hours it's "recommend" you find a way. Even if that means your own time.

Advice to Management

Over complicated process and you need to upgrade your system. It feels like the computer system is out of the 90's. Too many useless and out of date steps.

"Like No Other In Corporate America"

Current Employee - District Manager in Nampa, ID

Pros

This organization is like no other when it comes taking care of it's people and it comes from the culture of the ownership and leadership TEAM. I have work in Corp American for many years and have never felt like I was part of something big and actually had an opportunity to have a voice within my organization. This company is just like many others in Corp America when it comes to Processes for success while taking care of it's TEAM members not only financially but with having quality of life outside the organization. This one of the few companies I've worked for that I love what I'm doing and who I work with as well as work for, this is the type of company you don't mind working hard and putting in long hours when needed too. I look forward to a long stable career within this organization...

Cons

Every company has it's growing pains and we're no different when growing a business, you have to be flexible when implementing changes operationally while driving the current business at hand. If your the type of person who is dedicated to your career then My Organization is an opportunity you should look into... that's if you don't mind working for a company that respects and takes care of you as if you were a family member, offering growth and opportunity for anybody who's willing to work hard and be rewarded for that hard work.

Advice to Management

As the great organization we need be really selective with who we bring into the Trailers Plus family, our company isn't a place for people who are just looking for a job, but for people who are seeking a stable long term successful career with growth and opportunity within every aspect of our company. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of such a great organization and giving me a chance to grow with our company.

6. "Sketchy"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Marysville, WA

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glad I didn't continue with the hiring process after reading all the reviews

Cons

Just happy I didn't get my self in a situation where I'm treated like a robot and have no say so when your supposed to be a manager lol screw that

Advice to Management

Let managers be managers

"Want the worst job you can have? Apply there."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at TrailersPlus (More than 3 years)

Pros

There arent to many Pro's. One good Pro is that once you realize how bad it is and that they have treated you bad for a long time you can leave..

You can leave the company eventually. THAT is the biggest Pro.

Cons

Micro Managed. VERY High Turn Over. Low wages. They fire people and you have to do their job also with no compensation. They will fight you and deny unemployment. They do on every employee. No loyalty with upper management. You have to write down what your doing every minute of the day every day. No Vacation.. They will say you get it but its not paid for. They cut your commissions to make up for the so called "Paid Vacation"

Advice to Management

You all should be ashamed of yourself for how you treat employees.

TrailersPlus Response

May 6, 2016 – Hiring Manager

Total average compensation is between $58,000-$68,000 for those Store Managers that are performing and hitting their very achievable goals.

"Disposable"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Olympia, WA

I worked at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can be fun when things are busy

Cons

Glass door would not publish my last review ill try again. Their prices are way to high on their interstate trailers and there Patriot trailers were constantly breaking. Customers were always finding defects in the Partiot trailers making them hard to sell. The website wich one of the owners created is always crashing and hard to use. No respect for employees they are completly disposable. Verry high turnover no sick or vacation pay and its ALWAYS the sales consulants fault if sales are down. You get about 3 month of good sales in the spring and summer. Then when things slow down they cut your hours . No business card for the lowely sales rep. Would not recomend.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Get rid of the overlap in management and hire a profeshional to make your website.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a place where you can settle down and build a great career. They pay is very fair, hours are great, and you learn skills that will help you not only professionally but also in life. You get to be a part of a growing business and actually feel like you make a difference in the company.

Cons

This job can be stressful at times, but that goes for any job that involves customer service. There is a lot of paperwork and procedures that must be followed, but that is what keeps the company moving forward and really helps us at the store be more successful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue building a great company.

"TrailersPlus is growing and it is getting fun!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is fast-paced and will keep you on your toes. As this company grows I feel like there are numerous opportunities to grow with it. Probably the one reason why I like this company is that it promotes from within, allowing its employees to create a career that is useful in any industry.

Cons

Although benefits are substantial. I would love to see long-term plan for employees to be part of a 401K program or retirement plan that we can be a part of.

Advice to Management

It might be helpful to hire an office manager or an administrative assistant who can help keep management's busy schedules organized.

"Positive for the most part"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty flexible, easy to work with when it comes to school or family events and time off.

Cons

No sick/Vacation pay. Benefits are expensive. Would prefer a combination of 10 sick/vacation days to be used how I see fit, once its gone its gone until the new year. High employee turnover at the stores

Advice to Management

Have some themed days like on Fridays, movie passes, GC for a local eatery. Free beverages or snacks in the kitchen, vacation days, On hot summer days have smoothies for everyone from Jamba Juice? just thinking outside of the box