TrainingPeaks Reviews | Glassdoor

TrainingPeaks Reviews

Updated 17 Sep 2019

Found 23 reviews

3.4
TrainingPeaks CEO Gear Fisher (no image)
Gear Fisher

"Great company with major growth potential"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of flexibility. A LOT of opportunity to learn with an environment built for learning. They truly believe and invest in their employees. It's a team effort and it shows.

Cons

Growing pains - But that is an opportunity to come in and help with the growth

TrainingPeaks2019-09-10

"A Great Team With Much Improved Leadership In '19!"

Current Employee - TrainingPeaks Software Engineering Lead in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A passionate team. - Great strides in leadership, communication and employee engagement in '19. - A very communicative CEO. - An engaged customer base. - The start-up culture in a secure company. - Fun office vibe! - Most excellent bicycle culture and riding location. - A quiet office bordering open spaces. - Solid compensation and benefits. - Employee access to premium subscriptions and products.

Cons

- Process changes are very frequent, but to be fair the company is working hard to improve and incorporate feedback from the employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage employees and further demonstrate how feedback from prior years has improved the organization. Also, focus clearly on improving the core product and engagement with existing customers while carefully balancing that with market expansion and new features.

TrainingPeaks2019-09-10

"Great place to work for work life balance"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shared interest, flexibility, great people, time for life and work

Cons

Leadership could use some more direction

TrainingPeaks2019-09-05
  4. "Listen to your employees and customers"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Boulder, CO

I worked at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good gym, locker room, and awesome coworkers

Cons

As mentioned by many former employees, TrainingPeaks higher ups tend to shrug off suggestions by their customer base and lower employees. Instead they come up with "features" that no one asked for and never address simple issues with the platform that people have been asking to get added/fixed for years. Most high reviews on this site are either from execs, or people who haven't worked there long enough to see that... TP is literally their own undoing. Turnover is high and the workload is too great for individual employees given their low rate of pay. Would not recommend if looking for job security or position advancement.

Advice to Management

Would recommend management to focus on what made TP great to begin with and how to improve that. Focus on employees by giving them a livable and competitive wage, and also listen to customers, because they know more about the app than most of you do.

TrainingPeaks2019-09-18

"Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pro deals on gear - The ability to work from home on Tuesdays - Reasonably flexible work schedule, meaning you have the ability to work from home when needed - Onsite gym, yoga, typical tech offerings

Cons

- Toxic work environment in the engineering department. There is a lot of talk about "agile" and "collaboration", typical buzzwords but in practice not so much. Everything that you do or work on trickles down from the Chief Engineer. If you question anything or put out your own ideas, you just get moved off to the side and dismissed. This person is also very good at belittling and making you very uncomfortable with... their behavior. - I also very clearly remember during a stand being berated and insulted by the person above, all this was done in front of my peers. Very humiliating experience. - Although they say a lot about work-life balance, I didn't find it to be true. More often than not people were working late into the evening and on the weekends. I would routinely receive work related emails late at night (past 10pm) and/or early in the morning. It seemed like there was an unwritten expectation to work even in your supposed "free" time. - They pay subpar for the area and compared to other tech companies. Talking with peers of mine in the area, I made anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 dollars less than people in comparable roles and years of experience. - The company has "restructured" several times over the past year, it makes one wonder what is going on at the top.

Advice to Management

If you really want to achieve your long term goals and stave off the competitors, focus on hiring for culture. Remove the bad apples from the team. There is a saying, "If you want to go far go together, if you want to go fast go alone.".

TrainingPeaks2019-05-07

TrainingPeaks Response

July 31, 2019Recruiting Manager

As an organization, we recognize that as we continue to scale and grow, team and company structural changes occur as a result. While we do our best to keep employees informed on these changes, we understand that changes can impact their day-to-day experience, occasionally causing ...

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, like minded people, good atmosphere

Cons

pay could be slightly higher

TrainingPeaks2018-06-11

"Excellent work life balance"

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time

Pros

Challenging work, technology leader, responsive management, work life balance emphasis, exciting interesting product. Great teams, high performing employees. Profitable company, industry leader.

Cons

No regular raises, but good profit sharing.

Advice to Management

I have worked at TrainingPeaks for a number of years, it seems that management has recently made great strides in helping guide the company and provide leadership and vision! Employees are noticing these efforts and responding positively. The company is on the right track, I would just say management should keep doing what they are doing.

TrainingPeaks2017-03-25

"Alfred Music Owner"

Former Employee - Grunt in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some very good people is Sales, marketing, and particularly accounting and office services. Benefits have been improved with Peaksware but salaries are not equitable with similar LA type businesses.

Cons

Peaksware bought Alfred Music in 2016. Alfred was dying as a brand. They had invested themselves over the years in a number of dubious business ventures that finally caught up with them to the point that the company, founded in 1922, had to seek for a paltry sum of money to keep their doors open. Peaksware also owns MakeMusic which, now that they own Alfred hope to pillage for their music education platform.... Meanwhile at Alfred, nepotism and duplicity run rampant. Don't apply here. Wait another year until Peaksware cleans house. Good people are fired for no just cause. Anyone new coming in probably has more experience and education as current management and for that, you will be a threat. My advice, stay far, far away.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter as they don't care.

TrainingPeaks2017-03-21
  9. "Customer Success"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TrainingPeaks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offers a flexible work schedule, great benefits, fun coworkers, and the company is small enough to remain agile and open to feedback.

Cons

It's a growing company in a volatile industry so it's often difficult to keep all the teams on the same page.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. I hope communication between teams continues to grow and we can expand into international markets.

TrainingPeaks2016-03-26

"TP is losing it's way"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Lafayette, CO

I worked at TrainingPeaks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great gym, fun coworkers and the group rides were always a lot of fun

Cons

As many reviewers have mentioned, the company fires people suddenly, leading to an atmosphere where people wonder where their coworkers disappeared to. Also, from talking to some of those that were let go, they were never really given any sort of feedback that would lead them to have thought they would be fired. Lastly, management really seem to look down on their end users. Behind closed doors, they... definitely shrug off a lot of complaints on the forums and in e-mail.

TrainingPeaks2015-01-24