Trammell Crow Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenneth J. Valach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Accountant Assistant"

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time

Pros

Absolutely love the job! The staff and the entire company has been very pleasant and kind to me since day 1. I have never have felt uncomfortable in my being here to date. It definitely has a familial feel that welcomes people into being themselves. Amazing work-life balance. You never feel like you have to bring "work" home with you. Welcomes a stress-free environment.

Definitely the best job I've had so far.

Cons

None that I could think of.

2. "A great team of people!"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits,and on call once every 5or 6 weeks but went on call for 5 properties.

Cons

Company tends to build up a 4 star property then sells it putting you in a stay and take less pay situation or take severance.

Advice to Management

Allow property managers to allow as much OT as is necessary without it adversely affecting his or her's bonus.

"Outstanding Place to Work"

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time

Pros

Trammell Crow Residential is an outstanding group of people, who are both hard working and fun to be around. This is a great team environment where everyone plays a role in ensuring the highest quality construction and finished product is accomplished. The combined experience of the group is very impressive and this has been the greatest learning environment I've ever worked in. It's nice working in a place where the people enjoy themselves, and at the same time are very motivated, thorough and timely.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TCR is a great company. I worked with a larger GC for a couple years before coming over here. You don't meet to many people who look forward to going to work everyday; but I do. I really enjoy the people I work with and the subs I get to interact with everyday. You can learn as much as you want to. I really enjoy the daily life at TCR and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons.

Advice to Management

None. Managment is always available and will help you out if you need it.

"Great Company, Great Product"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great reasons to work here. A few of them include excellent leadership, benefits, and pay. There is a high degree of teamwork and motivation among employees. TCR is an industry leader for a reason.

Cons

No real cons. I have worked here for a while now and appreciate the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

6. "Assistant Superintendent"

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've really enjoyed working at TCR for a multitude of reasons, but most of them stem from the family atmosphere that is built from the top down. From Day 1 everyone in the company is excited for you to be there and very professional. The HR and IT department are amazing and when they say they're going to do something they actually do it. The President and VP of Construction work out of cubicles, not some fancy office away from everyone. The whole organization is a big team and that makes me proud to work for this organization.

Cons

From what I hear multi-family residential is cyclical. I have no cons for the organization itself.

Advice to Management

Everyone I meet loves to work here, keep doing the little things so that doesn't change.

7. "Over all good company but poor field management"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent compared to the competition. You learn fast because you have too. Great benefits and 401k and medical benefits.

Cons

Poor field management and no respect for newbies. No communication within. Long hours at times and very stressful. There is no other cons at this moment.

Advice to Management

Have a guideline for management in the field.

8. "Very Personal Feel for a National Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After leaving a large GC (Top 15 ENR) to join the TCR team at a regional office, I really appreciate the personal feel. Even for a national company like TCR, there still is the small family feel of a much larger firm that you don't often see with a company this size.

Cons

The only downside is that TCR only builds residential projects, obviously, so you don't get exposure to other construction market sectors. Also, this means they are more exposed to construction cycles.

9. "Great Company, been around a long time"

Former Employee - Administrative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Trammell Crow Residential part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

excellent benefits, great co-workers, great work environment

Cons

long commute, salary could be more competitve

10. "GREAT COMPANY"

Current Employee - Regional Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Accountant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Trammell Crow Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment for Accountants. Strong leadership, Meaningful work. Great Compensation. I can really go on and on about how good it is here. Also the work schedule is not what you would expect from an accounting profession. we work 8 am to 5 pm. some days we do leave a little latter but never work past 7 pm.

Cons

I really can't think of anything bad about the company. If you get a chance to join the company as an Accountant you can't go wrong.