KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Trane Technologies

Engaged Employer

Trane Technologies

Add a Review

Trane Technologies Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 191 of over 1,762 reviews

4.0
Trane Technologies CEO Dave Regnery
Dave Regnery
Pros
  • "great culture, work-life balance, benefits(in 145 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance and Good Benefits(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is little bit off, but they compensate with other benefits(in 47 reviews)

• "Large company, lots of changes in upper management(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Trane Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 4, 2021 - Change Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, work-life balance, benefits

Cons

really none that I can think of

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company with good benefits

Jan 12, 2021 - Analytics Manager in Tyler, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great. Depending on your job and department , the flexibility and work-life balance is really good. There are a lot of opportunities with this company.

Cons

Departments undergo re-organizations quite frequently. So even though you remain in the same job you and your team may get moved around in the organization.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Not all it's cracked up to be

Oct 19, 2020 - Sales Director in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, well-intentioned people. Good work/life balance. Well-rounded benefits. Aspirational, humble CEO.

Cons

Despite years problem-solving it, decisions are made at too high of a level. Big egos at the top. Too much status quo by the general employees, many broken processes, bureaucratic despite efforts to install lean and servant leadership. And those who desire change fight long, internal battles to succeed. Continuous productivity goals result in far too much for any one role, especially after considering how hard it is to get anything done. Far too little investment in the employee experience.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good, but room for improvement

Jan 19, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decarbonization commitment Benefits Good base salary Work/life balance

Cons

Changing incentive structures to lower total pay Sales leadership not willing to innovate

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good people, don't play well with others

Nov 9, 2020 - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good people who care about work/life balance. Mission focused, leadership really cares about making global impact.

Cons

Internal business and technology choice tensions holds back innovation and progress, silos teams, and isolates company from potential partnerships.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Trane Could be one of the best companies in the future

May 19, 2020 - Value Stream Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, they care about everyone’s health a lot, good benefits, good business operating system, senior management cares about their employee engagement score and works hard to listen to employees and act on the survey, very good CEO - a genuine, humble and authentic individual, they ask their people lots of questions and listen, senior leaders believe they work for everyone - not the other way around, great people throughout the organization and exceptionally high employee engagement, growing diversity and great opportunities for female and minority candidates

Cons

Middle and lower management need to fully embrace lean culture and follow their BOS New product development process is thorough, methodical, and programmatic, but slow Strategy/Goal deployment only goes to level one. Middle and lower management haven’t figured out how to do it yet.

7. 2.0

Disappointed is an understatement

Jul 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, stable paycheck

Cons

I am a dedicated, loyal, and hard worker. I would consider myself very bright, as well, and definitely a (former) asset of the company. I ultimately left because as much as I tried, I could not advance my career. I invested so much time and energy into this company and the interest was NEVER returned to me. I valued my job, worked hard, was a good role model, and was a person of integrity with all I did. My management, however, was not. About 6 months before I left, I uncovered data that had been falsified with the authorization of my boss. That was the final straw for me.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Fantastic work life balance

Jul 6, 2020 - Engineer II in La Crosse, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

My supervisors made sure I had challenging work My supervisors were big on getting work done when there and being able to go home and focus on family - great work life balance Supervisors treated you like an adult - they gave you a project and let you run with it, no micromanagement but always willing to help when I asked for it. They understood we’d bust our butts to keep it that way

Cons

Common problems for large corporations with multiple sites - getting communication from all sites can sometimes take a while, but overall management did a good job of stepping in when needed to get the communication flowing

9. 3.0

Good Company

Dec 7, 2020 - Controls Engineering Specialist in Carrollton, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Outdated technology , needs to be updated

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

x

Nov 3, 2020 - Regional Service Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and pay for most

Cons

no work life balance, too many hats to wear

Viewing 1 - 10 of 191 Reviews