Find jobs for Planner

TransAm Trucking Planner Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

Found 3 of over 231 reviews

2.1
TransAm Trucking CEO John Jacobson Jr. (no image)
John Jacobson Jr.
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of TransAm Trucking and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to build a career

Feb 8, 2017 - Planner in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly cares about their people, both in operations and our noble drivers over the road Wants to see everyone succeed and pushes for growth Working in operations I see how important it is to the company to see our drivers succeed. The whole company is dedicated that one mission: helping drivers get the miles they need to be successful.

Cons

Job does require a lot of hours as it is a truly 24/7 industry, both over the road and operationally. No major complaints though.

Be the first to find this review helpful

TransAm Trucking Response

Online Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. We are glad you have made your career with us. Together, we hope to continue to support our company drivers and independent contractors and further our noble purpose.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Watch Out

May 22, 2020 - Logistics Planner in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level salary starting

Cons

lots of unpaid overtime that isn't 'required' but is 'required' to get the job done. weekend work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unethical, Greedy, and high turnover rate

Dec 7, 2012 - Planner in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is not a single thing I would praise Trans Am for. When the owner Johnny turned over the power to president Russ McElliot it felt like Walt Disney turned us over to Hitler.

Cons

As an office employee I can tell you first-hand that lying to customers and drivers was an everyday occurance. Most of us felt horrible but not lying to cover Trans Am's poor business decision could cost you your job. I've been forced to work 75 hour work weeks before, sit in meetings just to be cursed at, and having to skip lunch breaks because we wouldn't be able to leave until everything was complete. FYI: transportation is 24/7 so catch 22; there was no such thing as "done". As a former planner I felt even worse for the drivers because we couldn't work in their favor we would have to make decisions based on the greatest financial return. *Advice for the patient, kind, and hard-working drivers.... you got screwed the most. The drivers who cursed out our driver managers, sent hundreads of rude messages, and threatened the company are the drivers we have to award the best lanes too so they would stop. Even if it meant taking that lane from another driver after they've committed to it.

Continue reading