Find jobs for Professional Truck Driver

TransAm Trucking Professional Truck Driver Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2016

Found 2 of over 231 reviews

1.0
TransAm Trucking CEO John Jacobson Jr. (no image)
John Jacobson Jr.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of TransAm Trucking and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not work there

Apr 4, 2016 - Professional Truck Driver in Sunrise, FL
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money was ok and you get paid every week they have Tvs in the truck with direct tv

Cons

They do not run you how there suppose too and they will have you sitting alot waiting for loads

2 people found this review helpful

TransAm Trucking Response

Online Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so you can continue to make money. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid At All Costs!!!

Jul 29, 2015 - Professional Truck Driver in Olathe, KS
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

They truly have some of the nicest equipment I have seen from a large trucking company. As a result, the living conditions were much better than most other trucking gigs I've done. I drove a 2014 Kenworth T680. It was brand spanking new with only 14 miles on the odometer. It made you feel like you had arrived at your final destination, like you'd never want to work for someone else again until...

Cons

The dispatchers were more than incompetent at their jobs. At first, I got some decent loads with some really good miles. After the first week though, I started getting regional-haul loads that were constantly load swapped on me. This made it very difficult to make a decent living while paying hefty fees to own/operate that beautiful truck. Even though they told us that we are independent contractors they still treated us like a company driver. In fact, I'd say that the company drivers got some of the better treatment around there. You were able to perform your own trip planning but the loads did not allow for ANY delays at ALL!!! Also when-ever you had any technical problems, ie the reefer unit or flat tires on the trailer, the support was very slow to get your problems resolved. Day and night dispatchers do not communicate with one another so when the sun goes down, your miles will likely change because they really don't have a clue whats going on during the day at all!!! So, to sum it all up for ya, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!! THEY WILL ROB YOU BLIND AND SEND YOU TO THE POOR HOUSE WITH OUT A CARE IN THE WORLD!!! I am not just a disgruntled previous employee who worked there. I'm actually telling you how it REALY is to work for them. I know I'd appreciate it if someone warned me ahead of time. Thank you for reading.

Continue reading