KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TransAm Trucking

Engaged Employer

TransAm Trucking

Add a Review

TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews about "automatic"

Updated Sep 28, 2016

Found 4 of over 226 reviews

3.2
TransAm Trucking CEO John Jacobson Jr. (no image)
John Jacobson Jr.
Pros
  • "I averaged 2600 to 3000 miles a week(in 17 reviews)

• "Newer equipment all with automatic transmission and APU(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Night dispatch is a little rough but can’t complain when everyone else talking crazy just makes it hard for others(in 25 reviews)

• "Breakdowns, pressured to take smaller loads, hold time for dispatch, the hidden itemized deductions, glorified company driver,(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of TransAm Trucking and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "automatic"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hardly any miles given

Sep 28, 2016 - Truck Driver in Olathe, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice cable TV Automatic truck APU

Cons

Crap miles Crap communication Crap pay 400/week before taxes (lease) Crap trucks 350,000 miles dirty torn up TransScam

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

I was lulled into the Independent Contractor role, promised lots of miles and so much money, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Mar 23, 2015 - Independent Contractor in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I will say they do have awesome trucks to use, if you like automatics. Set up with refigerators, stock and APU's.

Cons

Challenges is all you get, not enough miles, don't take home time you lose to much money. Be ready to sit at some miserable truck stops till they remember you.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't sign Lease

Apr 12, 2014 - OTR Driver in Olathe, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant work, ok company to start with if you have no experience and want to drive an automatic

Cons

Most trailers I came across had DOT violations and needed repairs. I lost a lot of time waiting to fix broken equipment. The company is so big that management don't communicate with each other which can leave you stranded in the middle of no were like I was. On that note if there is a problem with your paperwork and they put a hold on your gas card they won't be able to tell you who put the hold on you. You have to wait until you are routed back to Olathe KS and get in there face to get resolution. If you are a minority and want to take a shower at the Olathe KS plan on waiting 20 to 30 mins on the dispatchers to get off there butts and hand you a key or even acknowledge you in the room. Dispatches can and will flood you with never ending message request regardless when you are off or on duty. They will lose paper work and even with conformation numbers you will find yourself stop the truck over and over again to send paperwork even if you are off duty fast asleep. Don't sign the lease you will talk all the risk without the benefit of profit. I was lucky I thought I would be a good person and give 3 weeks notice well on the way to return their truck I had engine problems that had me stuck at Kenworth for 3 days then I ran over something in the road that got a gash in my tire so I had to replace it since it was DOT Blitz was going on. A few weeks later I got stuck with $1,600 bill from TransAm for the tire and low miles. They sent a letter forgiving the debt but resent a letter saying I owe the debt still. Again TransAm too big for its Drivers.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Very disatisfied,

Dec 29, 2010 - Driver in Olathe, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transam has a good fleet of trucks that are maintained well. Automatic worked well with me because of my age etc.. They seem to have a good system as far as miles and pay packages.

Cons

There leasing program needs some work. Don't listen to certain individuals at Olathe Ks about leasing a truck, if you lease dont make same mistake I made, drive company for at least a year, then lease.

3 people found this review helpful