TransUnion Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

TransUnion President Jim Peck
Jim Peck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance could be better (in 28 reviews)

• Abusive languages are used by middle and senior management towards their counterparts (in 17 reviews)

1. "Good Company but not a pay master!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Technical Work
    Relaxed Environment
    Work From Home Options
    No Micromanagement

Cons

Salary
    Benefits
    Promotion timelines
    Old school infrastructure and seating arrangements

Nov 3, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback. If you’d like to chat with someone about your review, please send us an email at LifeAtTU@transunion.com.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TransUnion offers a great community with diversity where you can expand your knowledge and learn each and every day from those around you! TransUnion offers you with everything that you need to be successful in the workplace and outside in your personal life.

Cons

Like any other business, work gets busy and sometimes it can take time from your personal life.

Advice to Management

Just want to say TransUnion keep up the great, amazing work! I believe everyone knows the great value they bring to the company to make it succeed and grow.

Oct 26, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

We love seeing your positive experience as a TransUnion associate! Thank you for finding time to write a review.

3. "Pleasant experience"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR Scheduled on site visit and interview very professionally. Hotel / other expenses were covered.
    Interview with the team / upper management was conducted in very friendly and professional manner

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. Overall Great experience interacting with recruiter, human resource and management. Relevant questions were asked and I felt welcome.

Oct 26, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thanks for sharing such great feedback!

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership team. Always cutting edge in technology. Innovation is strongly encouraged

Cons

Too many projects running in parallel. Work/life balance could be better

Nov 3, 2017 – CTO

Thanks for your response and I'm glad to hear your confidence in our leaders. We are continuing to further double-down on operational excellence and innovation, and are looking to get more people... More

5. "Healthcare Operations"

Former Intern - Healthcare Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Healthcare Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Sweetest people
    company culture
    Pay is well thought out
    Projects are relevant to the company

Cons

Not much to do
    Project throughout is boring
    not enough intern bonding
    Interns events can be fun but more informative on the calendar

Advice to Management

Give interns more to do so we are more satisfied with the work we accomplish throughout the summer

"Stable career, good work/life balance, somewhat outdated company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very typical corporate lifestyle. Culture varies a lot by team/department but overall nothing ridiculous regarding hours, management. People are very nice and courteous and care about your career.

Cons

Majority of associates are older folks who have been in the company for decades so can be difficult to advance depending on the team. The company is a bit outdated in it's technology usage although that has been changing in recent years albeit very slowly. Not the brightest group of talent that can challenge you to grow but compensate with decades of experience in the credit industry, which also unfortunately creates a system that tends to merit experience more than competence.

Advice to Management

Be more rigorous with hiring your talent. It's amazing how some people have been doing the same exact work the same exact way for years without anyone pushing for more.

Nov 3, 2017 – CTO

Thank you for candid response. We have implemented a lot of major technology changes over the past years, and we are definitely further along in our journey. But we are not done yet - we are looking... More

"TransUnion on a successful global risk management journey"

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Committed investment to maximize competitive advantage.

Cons

Multi functional Business Process improvements can be adopted to really achieve Best In Class global performance.

Oct 11, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback.

"Transforming every day"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing tech, great leadership, solid culture.

Cons

So. Much. Change.

Sep 1, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Process Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Process Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at TU for almost 14 years now, and my overall experience has been very positive. Yes, I've had to take on a few roles in the past that I wasn't fond of, but that's part of being an employee of a large company. Mostly though, I've been given great opportunities to expand my skillset, advance my career, all while working with some really fun and amazing people. I also love all of the Networking Resource Groups that have started up over the past few years, allowing us to network with more associates, take part in fun activities, learn new skills, attend special guest speaker events, while also getting the opportunity to be part of their Leadership Teams; talk about a great way to gain valuable management / leadership experience.

Cons

Like any large company, communication and collaboration could be improved. TU has taken on a lot of initiatives lately to address this, which has really positively impacted our overall communication between teams, creating a more 'teamwork'-type mindset.

At times, being asked to step in and fill other roles outside your responsibilities, to fill a gap; and usually that role is not a 'fun' one.

I'd also say, right now, a lot of us are overwhelmed with our workloads, due to all of the (great) initiatives we're undertaking. This has made our jobs more stressful, and more difficult to create a stable work / life balance.

Advice to Management

Better resource planning as we embark on new initiatives; need to hire additional resources sooner to allow adequate time for new-hire ramp-up

Leverage NRG training (e.g. Excel, Strategic Thinking) programs for roll-out to the entire organization to enhance our skillsets

Aug 11, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thank you for 13 years at TransUnion. It’s exciting to hear how passionate you are about working at TU! Your feedback is important to TU, so thank you for taking time to write a review.

"Stay away from the Specialized Risk Group (3rd Party Collections) within Transunion."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a decent company. Most of TU's verticals are operating effectively and efficiently and they have proper management in place.

Cons

I worked for the Specialized Risk Group within Transunion. This honestly was the WORST experience with management in over 15 years.

The senior management team, had numerous people leave and then others that were let go for no apparent reason. There was absolutely NO help from management who continually raised quotas in an absurd way where no one on the team hit 100% of their goal. If you see an opening at Transunion for an Account Executive in the Specialized Risk Group (SRG) my honest advice is run for the hills and run fast! This management group has a used car salesman mentality and do not care about their employees what so ever!

Advice to Management

Replace the entire senior management team within SRG with qualified VP's, Directors and Managers, that can lead a team in a positive nature. They are horrible.

Oct 11, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Your feedback is important to TU, so thank you for taking time to write a review. I’m sorry to read about your negative experience, but if you’re open to chatting more, please email us at... More