TransUnion Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TransUnion President Jim Peck
Jim Peck

Pros
Cons
  • At times work-life balance can be challenging but at the end it pays off (in 22 reviews)

• It's challenging to think of any besides some of the "red tape" associated with working through processes at a large company (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Positive culture and amazing benefits"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After spending my early career at small and mid-size companies, I'm so appreciative of the kind of benefits a company the size of TransUnion can offer. Our health insurance covers virtually everything I need, I got 12 weeks of maternity leave fully paid, the 401k plan is great. They even offer pet insurance!

Beyond the benefits plan, I'm legitimately happy here. My colleagues are fun and respectful, my manager is supportive, I rarely work more than 40 hours, and I truly feel that my contributions are recognized and appreciated.

Cons

It's challenging to think of any besides some of the "red tape" associated with working through processes at a large company. Certain processes like getting contracts signed or budget approvals are very formal and time consuming

Apr 19, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

We love seeing your positive experience as a TU associate - thank you for sharing a review! TransUnion values your opinion and takes feedback seriously.

"Stressel, over-worked and under appreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to WFH part time
    Paid PTO & Holidays
    Great co-workers

Cons

- Top heavy
    - Never given the chance to rate and review our managers, therefore Directors have no clue how horrible their managers are.
    - Micro-management in many departments
    - Deceptive Human Resources
    - Discriminates
    - Over-worked
    - Stressed out
    - Management hides how over worked we are.

Advice to Management

- Stop micro-managing
    - Stop descriminating
    - Appreciate all we do
    - Hire more qualified associates
    - View E-Raves as proof your associates are going over and beyond the call of duty
    - Stop treating us like we are in Kindergarten
    - Get rid of dead wood
    - Ask the worker bees how they like their manager
    - Stop interveining when your associates attempt to apply with another department
    - Get rid of the corruption in Human Resources
    - Make TransUnion a great place to work again
    - Be honest with Jim Peck (he is not aware how miserable and overworked we are)
    - Allow us to work on 2 applications without constantly having us re-sign in
    - Hire associates at the Service Desk level who know what they are doing,
    - Get rid of associates who don't value their job (Service Desk is the biggest joke)

"Politics and Demotivating Chaos"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well known company
    Intelligent coworkers
    Growing/changing environment

Cons

Too many layers of management. Many managers are "legacy" from when this company was privately owned and have poor or non-existant management skills and little accountability to their reports. Sales managers seem to not understand "sales" in a truly competitive environment - or the needs and struggles of sales people at work. "Reaching" goals are typical in any sales organization, yet the goals set here are unrealistic to the point of de-motivating. Pay plan for sales is extremely convoluted and dependent on disproportionate number of factors independent of reps' influence. Politics are ferocious and crippling. Sales org needs a positive change.

Advice to Management

The social politics and "check the box" syndrome here has reached inimical levels, decreasing productivity and driving away talent. Management needs training and accountability to their reports. Sales reps need regular opportunities to report up challenges with suggestions. Quotas are out of sync with closing timelines and product availability.

4. "TU Cyber Security"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

A company that is under constant brand improvement and invests in technology. "Mostly" nice, intelligent people and optimally located next to Union Station.
    "Always on" culture.

Cons

Management has transformed Cyber Security into a fear and metrics based silo with it's own environment and rules in which HR's corporate vision does not apply and is meaningless.
    As another reviewer stated, there is an ongoing wave of talented Security and IT professionals who have been harshly terminated or have left for more ethical organizations. Management will systematically collect and document data and metrics for evidence in an effort to justify and protect the company interests and fire at will.
    There is an increase in Cyber Threat Security job postings that is not just due to new team building, but also to replace individuals who have departed a toxic environment.
    The expectation is for new and existing team members to live and breathe their positions inside and outside of the office in order to remain credible and relevant.
    Stereotypically, you will be used as a pawn by the current leadership who will take credit for when things go right and alternatively place individuals in the scapegoat zone for any mishaps.
    If you happen to join this group, you will reflect back on this review after a few months and realize it as the truth and ponder your next career move.

Advice to Management

Address and correct the unprofessionalism, lack of ethics, zero empathy and dirty tactics of the current Cyber Security leadership. People are not even allowed to resign with any sort of respect or professional courtesy.

5. "Rep III"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment. Building is very clean and professional. Salary is not too bad. Good benefits package and

Cons

Poor training and unclear processes cause a lot confusion and frustration. Employees have too many projects/tasks at any given time. Not enough time to do anything.

Advice to Management

Provide proper training to new employees and don't depend on existing employees to do all the training for you. It's hard for them to train and do their job at the same time.

6. "Application developer"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great benefits, 401K, health insurance

Cons

Need work extra hours sometimes.

May 31, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback.

7. "Corporate Culture Change Makes TU a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Flexible time off.
    Good Benefits.
    Building amenities are great.
    Location to Metra Superb.
    Easy Access to Management.
    Open to Career Changes within the Company.

Cons

Most of my cons are related to the way IT is managed at TU. There is not enough emphasis on data management and metadata.

Advice to Management

Continue to Recognize Hard Work and Reward Your Employees.

May 30, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thanks for sharing such great feedback! TU cares about your experience as an associate. If you’d like, send an email to LifeAtTU@transunion.com to discuss more.

"Lead Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at TransUnion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, structured processes, good work life balance

Cons

Cost cutting driven, centralizing support and standardizing development tools more important than innovation or modern technologies

Advice to Management

Innovation, not standardization

May 23, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience; TransUnion values your opinion. If you’d like to speak with someone about your review, please send us an email at LifeAtTU@transunion.com.

"Greatest Employer!"

Current Employee - Associate Lead - Customer Service in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Associate Lead - Customer Service in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

I've worked at TransUnion since September 2016 and can honestly say I have fallen in love with TU! You'll never find an employer that values their employees more than TU. They invest in you every step of the way, offer above market compensation, and provide plenty of flexibility to maintain work/life balance. the office is gorgeous, comfortable and modern. There's always gifts and goodies and tons of lunches. Social events are amazing. Work perks are amazing. They offer an on-site gym and promote a healthy mind and body. Their HR team is world-class and engaged. It's definitely a busy job that keeps you running, but it's an exciting time to be a part of the rapid growth and opportunities. If you love to be challenged and work hard, and are looking for a healthy and happy environment - Then TransUnion is for you! I highly recommend.

Cons

Some technology systems could use updating...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

May 23, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

Wow! What a positive review. TransUnion works hard to give its associates work-life flexibility, so I’m glad to hear it listed as a pro. Thank you for finding time to write this review.

10. "Good Team"

I worked at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Good working environment and culture

Cons

Didn't find anything to complain

May 9, 2017 – Global Talent Attraction and Engagement Manager

We love seeing your positive experience as a TransUnion associate! Thank you for finding time to write a review.