Transamerica Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Transamerica President and CEO Mark W. Mullin
Mark W. Mullin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Communication in upper management is not that great either in my opinion (in 24 reviews)

• Senior management is out of touch (in 12 reviews)

"Mixed Emotions"

Current Employee - Unknown in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Unknown in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. Compensation is decent. I actually love my current role and would love it even more if I was treated like a professional.

Cons

Terrible management and communication between departments. Work Life Balance, PTO and health benefits need work. The current management style is going to ruin the culture and they are going to lose great employees.

Advice to Management

You have great people, appreciate them.

May 15, 2017 – Recruting Analyst

We’re glad to hear that you appreciate the people at Transamerica. We are committed to promoting a culture that is supportive, collaborative and caring. In 2016 we created two programs to help... More

"The rules have changed when the pigs stand on their feet."

Former Employee - Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Transamerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you do not want your regulatory disclosures reported to FINRA.

Cons

My experience was that in September 2014, I was recruited to financial services(Transamerica Financial Advisors) by Don Iley, obtained the series 6 license, and Don was my sponsor, mentor, trainer, Senior Marketing Direct,CEO, etc.. with access and authorization to alter my computerized personnel files. Within months, it became apparent in that group of financial advisors that Don and many people in that group (members and associates)were covering up something, which is when I ran directly into(and was crushed by) the wall of silence.

Advice to Management

How is it that according to the FINRA brokercheck report, it was disclosed that in 2015, TFA terminated Don on the basis of rumors and unsubstantiated allegations yet for many years prior after each annual review, it was not reported to FINRA's broker check that Don had stipulations in 2011 and had payed a 12,100 fine and been placed on probation for financial services related malfeasance?
    Also, may I also be waived from the brokercheck requirements? I have some events from college that I am still living down.

"You just don't get it."

Current Employee - Compliance Officer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Compliance Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great middle management,good benefits. The office is nice and great co-workers. The company is doing a good job promoting flexible work programs such as working from home. More and more companies are doing this so I think that's a good benefit we have.

Cons

I feel like shaking senior mgmt because they just don't seem to get it. Most employees understand that layoffs are necessary to cut costs. It's how you handle it that's the problem. I personally know 3 people that were strongly encouraged to move to the Denver location and was told what a great career move it would be for them just to use them then turn around and lay them off. One of them was only a few months after they picked up and moved their family. This communication came directly from the senior leaders. They bash their own people behind their backs and promote candid conversations and the oz theory but they don't practice what they preach. They think nobody will find out but little do they know even the people they think they can trust don't like what they are doing. This is happening at the senior levels. Lastly they don't seem to care about compliance. Many things have fallen through the cracks over the past few years due to tenured experienced people leaving on their own or laid off.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the senior level. They don't know what they are doing or how to treat people. Read the book winning by jack Welch. You may learn something.

May 26, 2017 – Recruting Analyst

First, thank you for everything you do for the company. It sounds like you have been here for some time and experienced a great deal of change. We always appreciate feedback, even if the feedback... More

"$5.00 mentality for Fortune 500"

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I worked at Transamerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros from this firm while I was in their employ, the benefits, the people and especially management and HR are all garbage. If you enjoyed being lied to, being severely underpaid, and overworked. Ok you do get free soft drinks.

Cons

Horrible communication, horrible management, don't get me wrong they take care of management needs at the employees expense.

Advice to Management

Learn your job. Treat others as you expect to be treated and saying nothing is always better than flat out deception.

May 3, 2017 – Recruting Analyst

We always appreciate feedback, even if the feedback isn't especially positive. As we have communicated, we're on a path to create a more responsive, efficient organization to better serve our... More

"Think hard before accepting an offer..."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Transamerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It can be a good stepping stone into the financial services industry.

Cons

Too much (constant) reorganization, upper management does not invest in career growth. Limited opportunities. Vague leadership. Seems to be in a reactionary mode. Fatigue on lower management and team members dismissed by upper management. No pay for performance model. Job title changes that have a lasting, negative impact on careers.

Advice to Management

When you are making business decisions know the downstream impact it can have on your employees long-term careers. Pay and reward your team based off of performance. While it is important to maintain the business remember that your team gets you the results. Hire and develop leaders.

"Virtual Regional Vice President"

Current Employee - Virtual Regional Vice President in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Virtual Regional Vice President in Denver, CO

Pros

Allow creativity in your job, just get it done!
    Great location
    Family focused- great work life balance
    Intelligent leadership
    Great local involvement

Cons

Top heavy management
    large organization can make decision making and changes slow to move
    unclear career opportunities

"Decent job."

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working downtown but it can be challenging when there are Rockies games for parking. I like the team I work with.

Cons

Nothing major. Parking can be difficult but nothing to bad. It can be stressful but so can any sales job.

"Not the best/Not the worst"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Pleasant work environment, nice people, decent benefits.

Cons

Lacking integrity. Some unethical practices.

"Operations Supervisor"

Former Employee - Full Time Operations Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Full Time Operations Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Transamerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and vacation/PTO time. Opportunity for advancement. Monday to Friday hours. Some interesting on the job training.

Cons

Long hours. Extremely limited budget for department and staff. A lot of Mandatory OT. Poor communication from upper management.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to learn how the different departments operate before making decisions that might end up being counterproductive for the individual areas.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Transamerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, the decor of the office, there isn't much good right now at Transamerica. I would look elsewhere. Best of luck!

Cons

No upward mobility, no coaching or mentoring to get you to the next level. There are so many things wrong, it would take forever to list.

Advice to Management

Create a better culture