Transcend Information "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Transcend Information Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 4, 2019

2.6
Transcend Information CEO Chung-Won Shu (no image)
Chung-Won Shu
Pros
Cons
  • " micro management (in 6 reviews)

• "Not to mention, there is a very high turnover rate and if that doesn't tell you anything then I don't know what else will(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to get your foot into IT Hardware"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Transcend Information full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in memory gives you exposure to many facets of IT. Even working in more channel related accounts, I was able to deal with system integrators, HPC builders, OEM/ODM manufacturers, etc. I also was able to deal prospect customers in retail segments. Being exposed and being able to work with different parts of technology partners in the retail and in the hardware stack of IT definitely broadens your horizons and market awareness. There are typically opportunities for domestic travel and the option to visit HQ in Taiwan after you put in some time and put in some time. There have been several changes as of the last year and management has changed around a bit, which I think will be a positive change of the branch office and company as a whole. I've been in a sales role my entire career and there was always a great work life balance despite traveling often and managing an entire distribution channel. The company also continues to strive for more and more ways to uplift their employees and provide opportunities for advancement.

Cons

- Time off was generous, but a tiered system where more senior employees could accumulate more or faster would be a good morale booster - Sales accountability and coaching has been lacking in the past, but with new changes in management, this should change -

Transcend Information2014-10-20

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Transcend Information full-time

Pros

Decent pay, decent work/life balance

Cons

This company is horrible, Managers do not know anything about sales or managing employees. Micro-managing to the max, you cannot even speak with a co-worker without the manager saying something to you.

Transcend Information2015-09-04

"Completely unqualified manager with a big tendency to micromanage."

I have been working at Transcend Information full-time

Pros

Benefits are ok and the work life balance is ok.

Cons

Extremely disorganized, with different sales branches fighting amongst themselves and some General managers being completely unprepared to manage teams, effectively create strategies or even communicate clearly. This company has a very bad management issue. Many are previous sales reps who have been promoted. They may have been good at dealing with clients at a sales level, but they have no experience or vision to manage a team effectively.

Transcend Information2014-06-24
  4. "-"

I worked at Transcend Information full-time

Pros

A healthy work-life balance !

Cons

No perspective of evolution - the managers won't listen to the employees regarding the malfunction of the system. This results in time being wasted.

Transcend Information2019-12-04
  5. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Taipei

I worked at Transcend Information full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues, good location of the office, average compensation, and the work life balance is pretty good in the high tech industry of Taiwan.

Cons

The management style is loose. The direction given to the front-line staff is not consistent and the career development path is not well communicated with junior employees.

Transcend Information2014-02-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 Reviews