Transcend Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry G. Gerdes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Medical Transcriptionist"

I worked at Transcend Services full-time

Pros

Friendly trainer, work was adequate most days.

Cons

They had their problems but what company doesn't?

2. "N/A"

I worked at Transcend Services full-time

Pros

Great way to learn the business.

Cons

Very poor management, also very dishonest in the initial interview.

Advice to Management

employees must be respected and not looked down upon.

3. "Medical Transcriptionist"

Pros

Good place to get experience. Enjoyed my accounts and management was easy to work with.

Cons

The pay per line was low.

4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Transcend Services (More than a year)

Pros

communication, working hour flexible, incentives

Cons

Employee benefits, long term plans,

5. "Frightful. Horrible"

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Transcend Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to work from home is a true plus.

Cons

They tried to make "mandatory training" unpaid. I was told on more than one occasion that I had to adjust my time sheet if I wasn't making minimum wage. Also, I was supposed to sit in front of my computer and wait for work to show up (production pay - no work, no pay), yet not get paid for waiting.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your workers right. Good feedback on occasion "job well done" would be fantastic.

6. "Don't work here!!!"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Transcend Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many, a variety of work.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work. The managers and QA people degraded me so much, that I felt like I was a terrible transcriptionist, even after 30 years. I knew I had more experience than any of them. I ended up being fired for a totally trivial reason, something my current manager set up. I was so beat up by them, I didn't apply for any jobs until just recently. To my surprise, many companies wanted to hire me and I was hired immediately by a nice company who treats their transcriptionists well, and never degrades them. It's the kind of place I used to work for when I liked doing transcription. I wouldn't advise anyone working for this company. Even though Transcend has merged with Nuance, I'm sure they are still the same awful people since many of the Transcend employees went to work for Nuance.

Advice to Management

Quit degrading the transcriptionists since they pay your salary, QA's salary, and everyone elses. You don't deserve to have anyone work for you.

7. "Horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Olympia, WA

I worked at Transcend Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a variety of dictation.

Cons

Pay is bad. Supervisors and team leaders treat transcriptionists badly. Overly critical of all work. Many foreign dictators, but you don't get paid extra or them even though they take twice as long. Favoritism is shown to some workers and they are the only ones who ever get promotions. Work is not distributed fairly, some people get all the easy work, others get all the bad dictators. Management does not listen to transcriptionist's ideas. You never get a raise. Transcend is now involved in a class action suit for not paying minimum wage. 706 previous transcriptionists are involved. It is slave labor and people are very unhappy. I was fired for no reason after 3-1/2 years because one of the supervisors didn't like me and told the QA staff to find lots of mistakes in my work so she could. QA audits are very inconsistent. If you are liked, you get a good score, if not, then you get a bad score and are threatened frequently with termination.

Advice to Management

Quit treating people like slave labor. Transcription is difficult and someone who has that skill should be treated with respect and be paid accordingly. You should be ashamed that 706 transcriptionists were so unhappy working for you that they are suing the company.

8. "not what it used to be"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Transcend Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home with some flexibility. a great tech department, always helpful, always knowledgable, prompt response to problems. I had a good team lead, very understanding of family issues going on at one time and willing to work with needed flexibility.

Cons

complete isloation from coworkers and communication amongst us not encouraged. no bennies or paid time off for part timers. pay 100% for your own equipment including computer, virus protection, 100%, yet work programs not compatible with common browsers. LOUSY pay.

Advice to Management

pay your people, especially experienced ones who are hard to replace.

9. "Very bad place to work. Unfair, poor wages."

I worked at Transcend Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They seemed Ok when I first started 3-1/2 years ago, but then changed.

Cons

Very poor wages. Extremely critical of everything you do and use QA reviews to threaten and terrorize transcriptionists. Always talking about termination. They ended up firing me out of the blue because they said I had a low QA score. The supervisor for the account I worked on decided she didn't like me so did everything she could to get rid of me, lied about my QA score, had one of her pets in QA find every nitpicky thing wrong with my reports to bring down my score. She said I committed a HIPPA violation by putting down the wrong doctor name as a copy, but I have no way to check those names and the doctor who said the name was a foreigner and didn't spell it. It seems the hospital where the dictation is going is the one responsible for checking to see the the names were right since they have the charts. When I was fired, I told my boss I would be homeness in a couple of weeks and that I have multiple sclerosis. Her response was, "Too bad." What kind of people say that? I worked for this compan 3-1/2 years so how could all of a sudden my work not be good enough? I sure made a lot of money for them. The transcriptionists at this company pay everyone's wages from the CEO down, but everyone treats them like garbage and constantly threaten them to do more work. This is a really bad company. Favortism is shown to a few and they advance. Everyone else is ignored.

Advice to Management

Learn how to respect the transcriptionists' who pay your wages.

10. "Very poor money and they were always criticizing one's work."

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Transcend Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. I have absolutely none.

Cons

Low pay. 4 cents a line....just about minimum wage for transcription when I used to make more than $60,000 per year!

Advice to Management

None.