Transcom WorldWide Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Sep 2, 2020

3.4
Transcom WorldWide President and CEO Jonas Dahlberg
Jonas Dahlberg
Pros
  • "The team is great, even though you work from home there is activities as if you were at a regular call center(in 75 reviews)

• "Flexible Time,Work Life Balance, Friendly Working Environment(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for the high volume of calls and what they expect as far as metrics(in 19 reviews)

• "Low salary, overfull of activity(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "New employee"

Current Employee - Apple Support Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

Work from home, quick hiring

Cons

None yet, still in training

Recruitment Specialist

Welcome to our Transcom family! We're happy to have you as part of our team and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

2. "Doable but rough"

Former Employee - Apple Support Advisor

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to work from home

Cons

Minute by minute oversight, 8 hours - 10 hours of constant non stop talking.

3. "Sign up if you want to work from home"

Current Employee - Tech Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun to work from home and have full time pay

Cons

Dealing with customers who expect you to know everything

Recruitment Specialist

We are happy to have you as part of our Transcom family and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! We pride ourselves on creating a family atmosphere where we can have some fun while we work! Using virtual tools, like chat, live call listening, internal video meetings, and interactive knowledge bases, our remote workforce stays connected across the miles with the support needed to help research customer issues and find solutions.

4. "N/A"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

It is a work from home position, and they’re good with keeping up your time and paying you on time.

Cons

Moving up in positions can be a difficult process.

Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we're glad you are part of our Transcom family!

5. "I loved working from home!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working from home! They had great training.

Cons

When they transitioned the CRM they were a lot of crashes and their tech support was unhelpful.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have implemented several new ways that our employees can share their feedback and are using this important feedback to initiate change and improve the ways we work. Thank you for sharing your perspective to help contribute to our efforts to make Transcom an even better place to work!

"A very frustrating, weird experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time for less than a year

Pros

work at home, training and managers were great

Cons

As you can tell from the some other reviews, there was a particular client that I think Transcom was experimenting with agents employing what's called "Robotic desktop automation" meaning you are basically acting as a live, interactive bot with pre-selected responses and a strict set of information articles. They had to be read verbatim every time and there were to be no mistakes. If the customer would ask a question outside of scope you were told to "ignore the customer" and read the script with no deviation The desired result was a streamlined, automated process but with the benefit of it being processed by a real human. I felt like i was in a sci fi movie where all the real people had been turned into the BORG. They blamed all this on the "desires of the client" but that just couldn't possibly be true. The customers were freaked out by it. They knew they were talking to real humans but we were acting like virtual AI agents so obviously, it didn't work for anyone. I even spoke to the top head of the entire Work at Home Division about the problem I was having and wanted him to know about this very odd situation that was going on, but he immediately pegged me as a "problem employee." Out of total frustration and probably close to a psychic break, I just started typing "I am not a robot" every time i was expected to type something and when I said I needed a break and change in schedule due to mental health issues, which they are legally required to provide, they dutifully complied and in the first hour back from a 2 day break, I was fired for writing "i am not a robot" on 3 internal customer interaction forms. It was pretty cold and calculating. Even got several calls from the head of HR to "make sure i was doing ok" so they could be sure they were not violating and federal workplace disability laws. By law if you are experiencing any one of the workplace disabilities listed, the company must be willing to agree to a special accommodation in order for you to be able to work. Unfortunately, the law allows no accommodation for the company so for instance if you are having mental health issues and need to go to part time the company has to accommodate that even though the job and job description is strictly for full time employees only. Companies just work around that by providing for the accommodation but then because of "at will" laws which says companies can fire you for "any reason or no reason at all," they make the accommodation and once implemented they just fire you which is what happened to me. I think they chose this client for this experimental process because their contract was coming to an end. Transcom is no longer with this client so I do not think they are doing this any longer. Great people at the helm. I had some truly talented managers, but all of us were working under expectations that were simply not possible to complete successfully.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We regret to hear that you viewed your experience with our company as frustrating. Transcom supports over 200 international clients, and each client / campaign is different. However, regardless of the client, we are passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences and upholding high levels of professionalism. This includes thoroughly listening to customers and addressing all concerns to resolve issues. We are in the people business and prioritize the well-being of our employees. It is not uncommon for our leaders to followup with members of our Transcom family directly. We're glad to hear several leadership staff members were able to connect with you individually. We embrace an open-door policy and always appreciate employee feedback to help us identify opportunities where we can improve the ways we work. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Loved working for Transcom"

Current Employee - Advisory Associate

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very helpful. The team is great, even though you work from home there is activities as if you were at a regular call center

Cons

Your schedule may change based on business needs and if you work the closing shift, you cannot leave until the que is cleared.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We agree that we have a wonderful Transcom family that is always willing to help! We're glad you're part of our team!

8. COVID-19

"Don't bother"

Former Employee - Remote Customer Service Representative

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, global opportunities with interesting clients.

Cons

I re-applied to a position that was in briefly with the company before but had to quit because I got sick and was not eligible for FMLA. Shortly after interviewing, I received an offer of employment and communication to expect new hire paperwork shortly. Weeks go by and I don't get it. When I inquire about the status with the start date just a day away, here is the verbatim message reply I received. "Thanks for checking in. As we were entering you into our systems were notified that you previously worked for us. Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to move forward with employment at this time. "

Recruitment Specialist

We regret that you had this frustrating experience and we will use your feedback to improve our processes. Typically, at the time we extend an offer of employment, our recruiters will explain the onboarding steps and important deadlines to complete the offer paperwork, usually 24 hours in the USA. We encourage any new employee who has concerns during this time-sensitive onboarding period, to ask questions so our team can assist. A former employee who resigns without the required notice to remain eligible for rehire is usually identified before an offer of employment would be extended. It sounds like, as the result of a technical issue, this was not the case in your unusual situation. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your interest in returning to our company. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback so we may utilize this information to prevent this from happening in the future.

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Product Specialist Trainer in Apopka, FL

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work From Home Decent Pay Flexible Schedule Options Equipment Provided Good Trainers

Cons

Awful Management Plays Favorites Team Leads care about numbers, not employees Upper Management cares even less about employees Job Advancement based on WHO you know, not WHAT you know.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to provide stable employment that allows our employees to work safely and comfortably from home. We would like to invite you to email our HR team at: WAH@Transcom.com to share more details about what caused your perspective. Our leadership team seeks to create a fair and inclusive environment that provides opportunities for employees to grow their skills and career so they can achieve personal and professional goals. We appreciate your feedback, which helps us identify opportunities for improvement.

10. "The Worst"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home is it

Cons

Everything Else, Run Away Very Fast

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We offer full-time remote employment opportunities in North America that provide a competitive wage, monthly performance bonus opportunities, and benefits for our employees. We are always striving to improve and have several channels for our employees to share feedback every month. We encourage you to share your specific concerns and/or ideas for improvement so we can build a better Transcom together. Thank you for being part of our Transcom family.

Found 75 reviews