TranscribeMe Transcriptionist Reviews | Glassdoor

TranscribeMe Transcriptionist Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

2.8
TranscribeMe CEO Alexei Dunayev (no image)
Alexei Dunayev

"Transcriptionist"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at TranscribeMe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, great environment, room to grow

Cons

Low pay AT FIRST, need the motivation to get great pay

TranscribeMe2018-06-27

"No work available to me to this day"

Former Freelancer - Transcriptionist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

I wish I had some pro's, but no.

Cons

I passed my tedious transcribe me exam about two months ago, on my second attempt. I was thrilled to have passed, but since then till today, I have no had one single piece of work made available to me. Every time I've logged in, there's a message that says all work is currently assigned please try again later. After millions of tries, at different times, different days, different instances, I still haven't got any... work at all. Truly disappointing. I have since moved on to another transcription company, no tedious exam, and I had work the very first day and every other time I've wanted to work.

TranscribeMe2019-09-18
  3. "Good side job!"

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

Kept me keen on English grammar and typing, good review for humanities grads

Cons

Not much work on a basic level

TranscribeMe2019-07-29
  4. "No Jobs"

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

Can't think of any because I've been signed up for over a week now and still haven't seen any jobs available.

Cons

See above. Also, for a place that is so strict on perfection (so much that they'll fail your exam if you miss ONE question), you'd think they'd give their transcriptionists an incentive to do better work by paying decently but no. This place seems almost as bad as Rev.

TranscribeMe2019-07-14
  5. "Three Months Without Getting Paid"

Former Freelancer - Transcriptionist in Denver, CO

I worked at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

Transcription itself can be fun

Cons

I MADE LESS THAN $5. Which means I made $0, because there's a minimum amount necessary to actually cash out. There aren't ever any files to work on. I think there is a $20 minimum to cash out, and I never made it to $5. IN THREE MONTHS. I would check with the site several times a day and maybe once a week I would get four minutes of audio to transcribe. I tried to take more tests so that I could qualify for other... files, but I just couldn't get the 100% accuracy you need to pass (you have to wait two days before re-testing). You can't access some tests without passing others, which seems kind of silly because people have different familiarity levels with different varieties of English. The audio you're given is broken into four-minute pieces, so you can't make more than a few cents on a piece. Which would be fine if you could work on like 10 in a row, but I never got more than four. It's impossible to make money here. I wasted time here that I could have used making money with a different online transcription company.

TranscribeMe2019-07-13
  6. "Not worth it."

Current Freelancer - Transcriptionist

I have been working at TranscribeMe

Pros

It's easy to sign up for literally anyone.

Cons

The exam process is excessive and long, and you get paid by how much you transcribe, not how long you work.

TranscribeMe2019-06-03
  7. "Good for college students and to improve typing skills."

Former Freelancer - Transcriptionist

I worked at TranscribeMe

Pros

Easy money Can work at anytime

Cons

Hard to advance to QA level

TranscribeMe2019-04-16
  8. "Needs to gauge when Transcription help is needed"

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

No pros as yet

Cons

I spent over 5 hours studying and taking their exam, only to pass and not have any jobs/work for over a week now. They need to more accurately gauge when they need more staff...

Advice to Management

Update website when Transcriptionists are really needed -

TranscribeMe2019-01-31

"Ridiculous Policy"

Former Employee - Transcriptionist

I worked at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of any honestly

Cons

Refused to work with me when I accidentally created a second account five years after creating my first one. Wouldn't even deactivate the first one, just refused to ever work with me again. Their loss, plenty companies pay much more believe me.

Advice to Management

Actually work with potential employees that are trying very hard to be a part of your team instead of outright refusing to.

TranscribeMe2019-02-14

"Flexibility, nice people"

Current Contractor - Transcriptionist in Olympia, WA

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

The biggest plus is the flexibility, and the second biggest is the community of supportive people who connect via Yammer.

Cons

It's very difficult to make even as much as minimum wage doing this job. If you're very good at transcribing, you can get on special teams or be promoted to QA and Reviewer and make more money that way.

Advice to Management

No advice, really. This is a small niche service (low-cost transcription) and it serves its customer base by charging very low rates, hence low cost of labor.

TranscribeMe2018-08-15