KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people, fun, work as a team, lot of talent(in 11 reviews)
  • "Transifex team is great as they all work together and make you feel like you're really part of the team.(in 7 reviews)
  • "first culture), employees oriented.(in 6 reviews)
  • "+ Very good benefits(in 5 reviews)
  • "life balance is always respected, you get the space to do your own thing and everyone always remembers to give you credit for hard work (Yes!(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Apr 11, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Smaller sized company with a collaborative, open-minded company culture. So each person has a direct impact on the company. - Fast communication internally and externally. - Great, supportive management and leadership. - Valued not only as an employee, but as an individual and work-life balance.

Cons

- Working remotely can feel siloed at times and timezone differences among Europe and Americas colleagues can make scheduling a bit difficult. - Ambitious customer/product feedback loop, but it can create a lot of different initiatives for the product roadmap.

Transifex Response

Thanks for taking the time to review! As the incoming CEO following the company's recent acquisition, I can only say that I've got big shoes to fill in order to live up to the standards of the amazing company culture at Transifex. We also hear your frustrations regarding remote work and the distributed team, but you should know those are top priorities to address going forward

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive and caring company with a good product

Apr 24, 2020 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great leadership team that will go out of their way to support you -Awesome product with high retention that is easy to get behind -Amazing benefits -Not a 'boiler room' mentality towards sales team

Cons

-A lot of work from home, so if you need a lot of in-person structure, then it may difficult or you.

CEO

Thank you for your review and comments on Glassdoor. 🙏 It's true that going out of your way to support other team members is at the core of being a leader in Transifex. We love talking about Servant Leadership. Personally, I often start my 1:1s with the question "How can I help?": I feel it sets the stage for the 1:1 to be much less of an upwards-reporting tool and more of an exploration of impediments that need to be resolved. I also find your advice related to remote work very on-point. We are a remote-first company. Our #1 employee was hired in Brazil. Even our Athens hub only has a few team members commuting every day. Yes, remote work feels really natural to us, and we've got a ton of tools, processes, and rituals in place to keep the team close together. But remote work is not for everyone. If it's really important to you to commute to an office, you might find it difficult to feel truly close to our remote-first team. We will most definitely continue to hire quality leaders! 💪 Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales

Apr 7, 2016 - Sales in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible revenue already for a small but growing team. -Great leadership at organization. Company was founded by engineers who understand the industry and know what technical customers want. -Localization Industry, a 40 billion dollar industry, is ripe for disruption with no clear market leader. Transifex has already established themselves a clear player. -Entire exec team is highly accessible and approachable. -Opportunity to make lasting impact at an early stage company growing fast.

Cons

-Growing pains of any early stage startup, this is unavoidable of course.

CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience! I love that you mentioned the "opportunity to make a lasting impact". I feel we need to recognize this more and more and talk more about just how much room to grow and have an impact you get when joining a team like Transifex (small, open, highly collaborative, with serious customer names and big potential). One of our core values is to be accessible and help others in their own goals, so you get personal time from everyone to help you grow and be impactful to the company. And being small, nimble and setting our own goals, help us invest the time to do all these. And yes, I also feel we need to work hard to keep driving the product and business vision, and I feel we can do an even better job there going forward. Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid company, inspiring vision, respectful culture

Feb 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The product is very solid and customers love it. Easy to sell. - It's an inspiring place to work in. The company's vision is inspiring, to make technology accessible to billions of people in their native language. Your work has a true impact in the world. Tens of millions of people (if not hundreds) are viewing content which was edited through the product. - The company is good at achieving a lot with less. It started as a volunteer, open-source project which made the company very scrappy. It's competing with big companies with 10x more funding and winning deals from them. If you like to wear many hats and want to become a swiss-army knife in your role, it's a great place for you. If not, consider another company. - Strong engineering culture. Engineers are driving many of the decisions of the company. It's all about the product, the UX and how this is delivered to the user. This is changing as the company is growing, and more priority is given in growing the reputation, but good UX is always in the focus point. - Good perks, 22 paid days of vacation, great health coverage, relaxed schedule (you can work from home if you want some days) etc. - If you do well and are impactful, it's recognized in many ways. Shout-outs, bonuses, equity grants, gifts. - The culture is very open and flexible. Dimitris (the founder) and the leadership team are having monthly meetings and present the cashflow of the company openly. You are made to feel welcome when you join and that you're truly respected. Even people who left were treated very well.

Cons

- It can be challenging to work in such a fast-paced environment. Definitely not for the faint-hearted. People expect a lot from you and are frequently encouraging you to be truly impactful. - The market is fragmented and the go-to-market model is still being figured out. They're on the right track, but sometimes it's distracting trying many new things. - It can be challenging working with a truly international team (engineers and customer success in Greece, US) with the time zone difference.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Keeping our focus and increasing communication and vision sharing are some of the top things we're looking to improve in 2016 as a company.

5. 5.0

"Great place to work!"

Feb 9, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool Start-up atmosphere, friendly people, the company values a healthy work-life balance and its employees. There is no micro-management since there is mutual trust between management and the employees. Employees collaborate a lot. Management is transparent on the company health. Each employee has a significant impact and, new ideas or concerns are much appreciated.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the commute is very long.

CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're putting a lot of attention in our culture and the trust between teams and team members, you can't have success without trust. Or, to be more accurate, you can't have the success we want to have. I wish we could improve the commute, it's one of these things that we all hate in the Bay area. :/ Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unique, caring company solving an inspiring problem

Jan 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Powerful product offers challenges to employees * Employees really care about what they do and want to do it well * Strong technical people and talented individuals across the org * Overall there is a culture of empathy and respect

Cons

* Market moves slowly, company getting good reputation gradually * Small team trying to solve big problems can be challenging

High 5! Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work!

Jul 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Can really make an impact in the workplace - Family-like team culture celebrates and supports each other with both work and non-work related difficulties/milestones - No micromanaging; management establishes a precedent of trust - Start-up perks: flexible work hours, casual office environment - Amazing team that is both fun to be around and driven

Cons

None that I've found yet! Loved working here and it's a great work environment

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

What a summary of our life at Transifex! Thank you for sharing! Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Small company where you can make a direct, immediate and positive impact!

Oct 4, 2016 -  in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Transifex is an early stage start-up company with a great vibe/energy. - People here connect and work well with each other. Diverse group with shared commitment. - Huge growth opportunity in a very fragmented market that's still being defined. - For US candidates, if you are applying for a sales or marketing position, know it's a small team where you can make a direct and immediate impact. Easy sell with a possible longer sales cycle than it might be for other SaaS tools. - For Greek (EU) candidates, product development roadmap offers diverse and challenging work for developers. Big impact opportunities! - Sales team is in discussions with some amazing companies/logos. - Company prides itself on its platinum health benefits (free for employees and 50% of premiums paid for spouses, partners and dependents) - New shuffleboard table and recent office remodel; always great snacks, beverages and meals available. - As company grows, more employee perks are likely. Leadership seems to really value the importance of taking good care its employees.

Cons

- Inherent challenges working with a US and GR office locations. Product and engineering in Athens feel somewhat removed from the sales and marketing functions in US (and vice versa, I'm sure). That said, this company is all about the product and we have a really strong developer team in Athens. Worth the geographical distance! And the dual locations adds something interesting to company culture. - Company is in need of additional funding. We're being prudent with resources (which is important for any company at any size) and this discipline will help us as we grow post funding round. However, sooner rather than later we need to be able to make investments in order to really jumpstart growth. - I wish there is more of a sense of urgency about some things.

CEO

Thank you for investing the time to give the rest of the world a glimpse of your life as a Transifexian! I'm happy you brought up health benefits. I feel that we realize we either have a bad or a great health package when we need it the most. At Transifex, we pride ourselves to Be True Teammates (one of our five core values), which includes both the best and the worst moments. Arguably moments of bad health are some of our most vulnerable moments. We need the best health insurance so we have one less thing to worry about. I hear you about the US-GR gap. That's why around 2019 we started investing in hiring more sales & marketing in Greece and Europe. I also hear you about the lack of urgency in certain areas. This one is tricky to get right. Since 2016, I feel I've grown personally in this area and I'm better at holding my team accountable for driving efficiency and effectiveness, and for investing the time to understanding the problem well enough to feel comfortable setting OKRs and target dates. What's really "tricky" is how to balance this with the team's circumstances (absences, capabilities, timing, etc) and choosing the right projects. I feel we're getting better at this, but we still have ways to being great at it. Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Operations and Recruiting

Apr 24, 2015 -  in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team and awesome product. I love working here!

Cons

Can't think of any yet.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company with a lot of potential

Apr 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enthusiastic employees Lots of trips Great benefits Cliche startup environment Great business plan and customer base

Cons

Most of the people in upper-management are friends, then coworkers, so ignoring requests and stonewalling are acceptable and fairly common. The hiring and firing process is very abrupt as well.

CEO

I apologize that we couldn't find a way to listen more to your feedback. Having strong friendships is something we strive for, but so are being professional, having wide-open feedback avenues and improving fast. I'd sincerely appreciate it if you could spend some time helping me understand your view on the time sinks and pain points. Please do fire me an email at glezos@transifex.com so we can talk more about this. Dimitris Glezos Founder & CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews

Transifex Reviews FAQs

Transifex has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Transifex to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Transifex employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Transifex. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

97% of Transifex employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Transifex 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Transifex to be benefits, management, culture and the cons to be career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Transifex Job Seekers