Found 154 of over 174 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Jun 8, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
- great benefits and relocation support - generally very-low pressure - just do your thing attitude - interesting work
- unprofessional work environment, lack or responsibility - company waiting for disaster to happen, management off-script bragging about past failures, which is result of not knowing what they are doing - with a few exceptions, not knowledgable management, humanoids blessed to be in executive position - management and employees largely not being able to articulate and write properly, which affects communication - expect harassed employees to go first. - C-suite buddies despite complete incompetence stay forever, just do what the boss says. - what happens off-shore stays offshore, the captain has nothing to say when management divas come onboard, a complete non-sense environment - people will not complain or say anything as they are not qualified to do any other jobs and those jobs pay well - diversity is a joke; when people are fired people of color go first. Offshore unspoken segregation is a daily reality. If you chat or intermingle you will not be favored. There will be a few differentiators, but this is for the show and a few PR pictures. - generally toxic work environment - a lot of house-of-cards politics; back-stabbing, etc.1
- 5.0Jun 3, 2022Driller AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsHouston, TX
It a good learning and skill base company team up with honor
The only thing is when it get slow it time and patient for it to pick back up
- 4.0Mar 17, 2022Rig MechanicFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
Transocean provides the best on-the-job training for employees. One of the best Companies to work for.
Job security becomes a problem when global oil prices are hit to the low
- 4.0Mar 22, 2022Senior AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
Tremendous amount of work experience and opportunities in various areas and departments.
Limited training. At times can be an challenging environment to work in.
- 5.0Feb 3, 2022Supply Chain DirectorCurrent EmployeeHouston, TX
Transocean can be a great company providing a lot of flexibility to employees.
Upward movement is challenging and there are a lot of politics.
- 5.0Jan 19, 2022Data EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Great work environment, lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
Sadly, in general there is not much future for traditional oil and gas/ deep water rigs- not the best industry to be in right now.
- 2.0Oct 1, 2021Process OperatorCurrent EmployeeBaton Rouge, LA
Time off, good pay and mostly good people working along side you.
To many onshore managers that don’t know the job but try to run the job from land. Always watching everything we do on cameras trying to micromanage how we complete task. Way to much paper work and procedures and policies. Overworked and undermanned.
Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling Reviews FAQs
Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 174 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
82% of Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.