Transportation Alliance Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Curt Queyrouze

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great People, and Overall Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Pros

By far the most common compliment I hear about TAB Bank from both current and former employees is that the staff is great. I've worked at TAB for nearly 5 years and I absolutely agree. I thoroughly enjoy working with all levels of the staff, and I believe I've created friendships that will last long after my time at TAB ends. Of course, the place isn't perfect, but it wants to be. Executive management cares very deeply about the people who work at the Bank, and they are encourage feedback from all employees.

The building is newly remodeled with private rooms to make phone calls, and a large lunch room where employees eat and mingle. The Bank recently installed both a ping pong table and shuffle board for the employee’s enjoyment. Getting the work done is the primary focus at Bank, but there are plenty opportunities to get to know other employees through interdepartmental activities, potlucks, and the TAB Olympics. Also, there is nice workout facility in the building.

I have found the benefits and compensation to be competitive. I have heard that this was not always the case at TAB, but I believe the Bank has changed its thinking in this area in the last five years.

Cons

Banks are highly regulated and change can be slow at times. The work can also be stressful, but I believe the Bank has done a good job at providing avenues for employees release stress (workout room, ping pong, ect.).

Advice to Management

Hold on to the great people you have.

2. "Eh."

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time

Pros

Work environment
    The great outdoors
    Team building activities

Cons

Lack of advancement
    Bad pay
    Different culture

Advice to Management

Being a singular bank, it's difficult to grow and allow advancement. Also, the pay isn't enticing. But Utah is beautiful and the cost of living is low.

3. "Extremely Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They don't care if you work too little. Just play some ping pong or join one of the 100 committees that meet to accomplish nothing.

Cons

Benefits are horrible, leadership is abysmal, and it's a promotion by favoritism environment. The parent company has a ton of money and they keep this little thing open for amusement I guess, because they don't bother having quality leadership at the top. They all know better than staff and you should just get in line or they won't like you. Large employer in smaller town Ogden means people stay because options are limited but when you've tried being voted "best places to work" for that many years and you don't get it, there is a reason why. There's also a reason your best talent always leaves.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and recommend the board add real leadership.

4. "Sales"

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time

Pros

very good for employees, kitchen and lunch rooms

Cons

they hire thru a temp agency instead of direct hire.

5. "Eh."

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice remodeled space, ok bonus structure

Cons

Say they invest in people, but do very little to actually develop talent.

6. "Great Opportunities & Great People"

I have been working at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They've remodeled and the new space is awesome. Benefits are really good! They offer tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursements, quarterly bonus, Hotel discounts, they even pay for your kids good grades. There is a gym on the first floor with brand new equipment. A LOT of people are promoted within the company. There are a lot of opportunities to move around and up. The stand-up desks are pretty sweet. There's a Micro Market in the break room that makes it really convenient when you don't have time to pack a lunch. Lots of people enjoy playing ping pong in the break room as well. Executives really push for people to challenge the norm, ask questions, and be innovative. It's a fun place to work, especially when you take the time to get involved in all the fun activities that are always going on.

Cons

There are some people who have worked there a really long time and they don't realize how good they have it. I've worked at more than eight companies in the last 10 years and this place is by far the best.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue bringing in new people who exemplify TAB values and to continue leadership training.

7. "Rough Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many great, incredibly dedicated employees, especially at the VP level down. Unique opportunities for the Ogden Market.

Cons

Tough CYA culture. Continued failure at aligning an executive team that can lead the bank. No focus, continuously chasing every new lending vertical that might be a success instead of just focusing on core competencies and being great at what they know how to do. Toxic environment, Executive level management and Bank Owners are very disconnected. Incredibly high turnover and firings create a culture that scares employees and hampers the ability of anyone to make decisions. It could be so great, but I have lost confidence that ownership can ever hire a trustworthy executive team.

Advice to Management

Find someone who will lead. Stick to your core products and allow the bank to excel before chasing the next shiny object. Approach new product verticals with market research and a thought out plan.

"It Could Work"

I worked at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some stellar employees and I think an eye to the future and a healthier culture.

Cons

They have people in leadership positions who lack leadership skills and professionalism. If you speak up or try to create more efficient or productive system you will be met with harsh resistance and labeled. You may even find yourself fired.

Advice to Management

I think they need to take the advice that has been written. There is serious need for improved training throughout the organization and stop firing the best employees for speaking up and promoting the class clowns who refuse to actually work. Stop allowing the un professional behavior from the HR VP down to the New Accounts group.

9. "Improving..."

Pros

Good work/life balance. Good employees.

Cons

A lot of talk to improve culture and make positive changes but little movement being made. The updated office space is nice but they need to make a better investment into their employees.

10. "Sales coordination and operations"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in South Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in South Ogden, UT

I have been working at Transportation Alliance Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people & awesome benefits. Most employees stick around for a good amount of time (10-15 years). Lots of fun team building activities.

Cons

The company prefers to hire students or fresh college graduates who have very little (if any) work experience. They are not competitive with salary and the room to advance within the company is very limited, as people tend to stick within their current position for quite a while.

Advice to Management

Better salaries entice better employees