Transportation Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Transportation Solutions Group CEO Tim Zelasko
Tim Zelasko

"Enjoyable Work Environment"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

TSG is a great place to call home. This company knows how to bring the best out of their employees and reward them for their hard work. TSG knows how to make the work environment fun but can also kick it into work mode and get tasks done. The sky is the limit at TSG and if you prove that you are a hard-working employee you will be able to rise the ranks.

Cons

The hours and stress sometimes can be rough but that is every job. I cannot think of a con for TSG. If you show up to work and do your job there is nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to just keep things the same and not change the way TSG functions. I would hate to see the company lose its fun energetic environment because that is what makes coming into work enjoyable.

Transportation Solutions Group2014-06-24
  2. "All around great place"

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group part-time

Pros

The people around you are very helpful starting out. Nice facilities

Cons

Long hours mostly in heat but money was worth it

Advice to Management

Nothing

Transportation Solutions Group2018-02-16

"Work hard for little pay"

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time

Pros

Fun environment and management were nice people

Cons

non stop work expected to be on call at all times and yet get paid like dirt. If you want to be a telephone marketer it is cool but if you are an actual salesperson it is a waste of your time and skills.

Advice to Management

Pay the good people what they deserve

Transportation Solutions Group2015-06-23
    • "Operations"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place for getting entry level training in this industry.

Cons

The pay is subpar and the hours are long with no lunch.

Advice to Management

Improve the company culture.

Transportation Solutions Group2015-01-30

"Sales Rep"

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper Management is good to the employees who deserve it, the company is growing, a lot of opportunity;

Cons

Some of the so called "leaders" and upper level management are anything but a leader, Company plays favorites;

Advice to Management

Start living up to your name, mainly the soutions part; you don't have solutions when it comes to growing organically,

Transportation Solutions Group2014-08-12
    • "Leaving TSG Was The Best Thing I Ever Did"

Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wear whatever you want. Free cheeseburgers when they keep you there until 19:00 on a Friday night. Superior software program. All you have to do to get promoted is take your shirt off and run around the floor in a speedo.

Cons

They overwork their employees BIGTIME. They take freight a whee bit too serious. They book and bounce their freight. It's a company of favorites - i.e. The recent promotion of a very immature individual who absolutely did not deserve that promotion (prob 10+ carrier reps that deserved that promotion more).

Advice to Management

Take a step back and change your day to day. Spread your carrier reps and carrier managers on a bigger flex schedule. You all know you make some reps stay till 6 and 7pm (because that's how the TSG freight is (nothing wrong with that))everyday so just create that 09:00 to 19:00 carrier schedule for some that fit it. 10 hours a day is ENOUGH! Stop making these guys work 12 hours a day 2-3 times a week. Remember your...

Transportation Solutions Group2014-06-03
    • "Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people, atmosphere, and activities are fun and rewarding. I wake up excited to go to work everyday and enjoy the daily challenge that is presented. Overall - satisfied with my position and have met some great friends in the office thus far. TSG is a fun place to work and has a fast paced, lively atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes have to work weekends/longer hours than others in the office. Overall though, this is a fun place to work with a good group of employees and management.

Advice to Management

Management has an effective system in place.

Transportation Solutions Group2014-05-15
    • "An amazing environment that is never boring and always keeps you on your toes"

Current Employee - Customer Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working with intelligent people in a fast paced environment couldn't possibly be more motivating

Cons

When someone responds with a revised contract, it can take the legal team a day or two to return a signed copy.

Advice to Management

Keep the happy hours coming! These outings definitely help with morale and give us the opportunity to mingle with people we may not normally encounter.

Transportation Solutions Group2014-05-06
    • "HURRY AND GET ABOARD THIS FREIGHT TRAIN BEFORE YOU MISS OUT!!!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, tremendous opportunity of growth, never a slow day very fast paced and competitive, TSG only wants to see you succeed and will help in any which way to make sure this happens. Management is very professional and go out of their way to get to know you and your family on a personal level. From the President of the Company all the way down, everyone is always available to speak at anytime. I...

Cons

Its hard to leave work related issues at work and not bring them home with you.... On the other hand in this industry the more issues you are dealing with the more money you are making...

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

Transportation Solutions Group2014-04-23

"Couldn't imagine myself working anywhere else.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over 10 years and truly feel as if they are my 2nd family.. the company continues to grow / stand out in the market place and I am proud to be a part of that. They are very invested in their employees, and do a lot to make sure the personnel knows they are appreciated.

Cons

Long hours, but those who put the effort in have a lot to show for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in people who are hungry and want to see this company be successful, as its a fun ride to be a part of that.

Transportation Solutions Group2014-04-01