Transtreme Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 29, 2018

4.4
Rick Michel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nurse Practitioner with this company for over 4 years"

Current Contractor - Family Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Family Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job allows me to practice as an NP in a less stressful environment and have more time with my patients. This job has also afforded me a more flexible schedule so I can have more quality time with my family w better pay than my previous NP jobs. There is much opportunity for growth and leadership within the company. Its a positive work environment and I feel my hard work is valued and appreciated. Its the best job I have ever had in my 25 yrs of practice .

Cons

I don't really see any cons, in most cases you don't write prescriptions and I see this as a plus! though I must say you should have good time management skills and good computer skills w this job

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees like family and they will continue to work hard for you ! Thank you!

"Great Place to work for..."

Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had been working for Transtreme for 2 1/2 months when a personal situation came about. I spoke with Rick, the CEO/Founder/NP as well as our CFO and lead NP. They could hear the panic in my voice. They gave me feedback, insight and most of all...compassion. At the end of it all, they reassured me and came out with a plan, that put me at ease and relieved the panic. I have been working as a NP for 23+ years, both in large group practices and small. I have never been treated so kindly and compassionately in my all my career. They had my back. They treated me as if I had been a long term employee, when in fact I was only on their payroll for 2 1/2 mos.

In terms of the work load.....It is different than the typical responsibilities that one may be accustomed to. You don't treat the patient or write prescriptions. You never need to call patients. You do a basic head to toe assessment, review their chart, perform neuropathy and vascular testing and make recommendations to their PCP. I don't come home stressed! You work at different clinics everyday, however towards the end of the fiscal year, you will be doing home visits. You see 8 patient's/day, one hour per visit. There is autonomy. You don't encounter the typical bureaucracy/drama/conflict that is encountered from traditional NP work. This is a 1099 job, it is not temporary or short lived. There is work year round, so you don't have to worry that there will be "down time", compared to competitor companies. The hourly wage is at the top of the scale and nothing to sneeze at. There is flexibility in your schedule, therefore excellent work/life balance. I am content on many levels....

Cons

Your skills may diminish as an NP since you will not be treating the patient or writing prescriptions. There are no benefits, however the "high end" hourly wage makes up for it

Advice to Management

"Excellent work / Life Balance"

Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor

Pros

This job is like no other. If you are self -driven and are a go-getter, the sky is the limit! I have worked with Transtreme as an independent contractor going on 5 years and I don't see myself working anyplace else. There is no trouble getting work or taking time off. Transtreme's tremendous growth is a testament to the CEO's commitment to patient care, customer service and provider job satisfaction.

Cons

Like any work environment there is room for improvement. However, Transtreme has an open door policy with the CEO and is interested in provider feedback.

Advice to Management

Continue pursuing excellence in health care!

4. "Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Chino, CA

I have been working at Transtreme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job allows you to have a flexible schedule, work in a positive stress free environment, the CEOs are down to earth , and easy to talk to. There is plenty of coverage incase you need to take a day off. There are multiple locations in which you can work from. The work load is evenly distributed, so one team member is not carrying more weight than another. You're acknowledged/given positive feedback when something is done right, rather than only when something is done wrong.

Cons

For a Medical assistant, this job is mainly front office type tasks, rather than hands on back office duties.

Advice to Management

Need to improve communication, to be on the same page at all times

"flexible schedule"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Transtreme as a contractor

Pros

Set your work days. The boss who owns the company is agreeable to that. The mission of the company is to see as many patients as possible, and grow to be a bigger company. The nurse practitioner role is easy, it is about optimizing Medicare billing. You do have a choice about doing home visits, which is a dodgy task.

Cons

No benefits, a fake premise that you are an independent contractor, although other than setting your own schedule, you aren’t really. The owners of the company have tunnel vision about what they are doing, and it is about quotas.

6. "Overall positive experience"

Current Contractor - Medical Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Medical Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The work is interesting and I don't feel micromanaged. The NPs and clients I work with have been great and there is a lot of flexibility with my schedule.

Cons

The company is growing really quickly so the pace is fast. I like that type of challenge but it's definitely not for everyone.

Nov 24, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad your experience has been favorable. When our CEO started the Company, his intention was to implement a culture of empowerment where all team members... More

7. "Good experience so far"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor

Pros

Smart, friendly people who I actually like working with. Very happy with the tools and resources provided to do my job. They have lived up to the promise made about work-life balance. Pay is very competitive.

Cons

Having worked for mostly larger companies before, I'm still trying to navigate who and when to get approval from when making larger decisions.

Advice to Management

As the company gets bigger, think about ways to connect people and find more creative ways to share ideas with leadership. Sending an email to the CEO or another leader and getting a personal response is great but it can also be intimidating to do.

Nov 24, 2017 – HR

We are happy to hear you consistently feel empowered to make a difference in the lives of our patients and are having a great experience as a valued part of our organization. Transtreme is committed... More

8. "Great culture, vision & growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Program Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Transtreme full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation
    Flexible schedule
    Empowering leadership
    World class patient care
    Company Culture
    Fun and engaging team building events

Cons

Website needs to be updated (in progress)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Nov 24, 2017 – HR

Glad you are having a great experience with us, and keep the feedback coming (both favorable and candid opportunities for improvement). We hope you love our recently updated website as much as we... More