Travel Nurse Across America Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2021

4.6
Travel Nurse Across America President and CEO Tim McKenzie (no image)
Tim McKenzie
  1. "Travel Nurse"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Travel Nurse Across America full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendliness of staff, helpfulness of staff, job benefits

Cons

no 401(k) available at the time

July 30, 2018Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TNAA. We would encourage you to speak to your recruiter about our retirement IRA options. This differs from a 401k, but we think you'll find is designed much more with the traveler in mind. We value all of our travelers and make every department readily available to travelers, so you can always email your benefits specialist directly to find out more.

2. "Great Company"

4.0

I worked at Travel Nurse Across America full-time

Pros

Co-workers are like family. The company stands behind their ethics and core values.

Cons

There is little growth opportunity.

June 21, 2018Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's important to us that our culture be immediately visible to people. Your mentioning of our ethics and core values helps us recognize what we are doing right. Receiving awards such as Best Staffing Firms to Work For, AR Best Places to Work, and SC Best Places to Work are viewed as great honors, and we know our employees have everything to do with that. While we continue to work on internal career structure, thank you for bringing the need for more growth opportunities to our attention.

3. "Great values poor execution"

I have been working at Travel Nurse Across America full-time

Pros

True and honest company. No hidden agenda. The books are open to all staff. Truely care about the nures they send our on assignment.

Cons

When changes are made there is a lack of planning. It is rushed and training is last resort. Leaves staff seemingly unknowledgeable and depleates the reliability that the staff has built into their relationships.

June 6, 2018Marketing Communications Manager

We truly care about every nurse on assignment, and we are so glad you’re able to recognize that immediately. We apologize that you feel rushed with training provided. We hear you. Change can be hard, and travel nursing happens to be an industry that comes with quick change. We would encourage you to address your concerns with your manager, as proper communication is key to creating the Best Places to Work environment we strive to uphold.

4. "Sr. Recruiter, Remote"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Travel Nurse Across America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent compensation for Travel Recruiter position. Can work remote from home in many positions. Good technology. Data base is constantly being improved. Rapport between all dales divisions. The acct managers, recruiters, and outside sales support each other and communicate well. Good culture. A feeling that each person is valued. Fun environment when everyone comes into LRock. The Leadership is extremely ethical and trustworthy. From the CEO Gene Scott, to the head of every department. Really amazing people who care and are devoted to making the company culture and their employees lives better.

Cons

Constant pressure for increasing numbers. Even when the market trend is down, the leadership can make it feel like the sales teams are just not working hard enough. That can be disheartening.

June 6, 2018Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with TNAA. We love that even after you’ve moved on, a positive outlook remains. Getting to see everyone during our Rally Days event in Little Rock is our favorite time of year. We also want you to know that your feedback is appreciated.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Travel Nurse Across America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything! I literally cannot put into words how amazing this company is! No company is perfect but TNAA sure is pretty close! The amazing team members make this company feel like a family. As a new employee, I feel so supported and valued here already. My excitement to be a part of this amazing company and live the culture is something I truly feel carries over to my nurses and gets them excited to work with us.

Cons

Absolutely none. Seriously! My only con would be...I wish I had made the decision to come on board sooner! :)

October 16, 2017Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with TNAA! Culture, and living out our core values, is a big part of who we are. We love that you wish you had found us sooner and we are glad you have joined us!

"Chaotic Environment, Low Pay, No Opportunity to Advance"

1.0

I worked at Travel Nurse Across America full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, liberal work from home policy for some positions

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, extreme workloads with no help or training, poor management at the department and executive levels, cramped, dirty office, weekend work required, untrained managers, promotions based on personal friendships instead of qualifications

October 16, 2017Marketing Communications Manager

We take all feedback very seriously and would welcome the opportunity to discuss these comments with the person who submitted them. We have been rated by our employees and subsequently nominated as a “Best Places to Work” company for the past 4 years, so it’s unexpected to hear these strong comments. We regularly invite employee feedback as well as ask anyone who leaves us to participate in a confidential exit interview and share with us any constructive criticism they may have. Regarding our compensation policy, we pay at or above market rate for all of our positions and have a voluntary staff turnover rate well below the industry average. It’s important to note that we operate with a strong culture that’s centered around our core values and, for various reasons, some staff find that they are not a good fit with our culture and decide to leave. We understand this and wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

"I love Travel Nurse Across America!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Little Rock, AR

Pros

There are a lot of wonderful people at TNAA. TNAA is a fun place to work. It is small enough to be like family, but large enough to have many benefits of a larger company.

Cons

Recognize the growth of the company and move towards being the national leader in the field. Move from the "that is the way we have always done it" approach.

June 14, 2017Marketing Communications Manager

We take feedback very seriously and appreciate your constructive advice. Thank you for sharing your TNAA experience, and for your positive review.

"Wonderful Company! Wonderful People!"

I have been working at Travel Nurse Across America full-time

Pros

- PTO - Support of remote employees - Bonus opportunities - Fast growing company

Cons

- None at this time, keep it up TNAA!

June 14, 2017Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We agree with you that the company is comprised of wonderful people!

9. "Recruiting"

Current Employee - Recruiter in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Travel Nurse Across America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is helpful and kind.

Cons

I would not change a thing!

June 20, 2017Marketing Communications Manager

We love hearing positive experiences our employees have had with TNAA. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

10. "Account Manager Liasion"

Current Employee - Account Manager Liaison in Remote, OR

Pros

I have never worked for such a caring company. They truly go above and beyond what it takes to be a family work enviroment.

Cons

Im rather new so I have not seen any Cons to speak of.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 31 English Reviews