Travel Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Travel Solutions CEO and Leadership Coach Tammy R. Troilo-Krings
Tammy R. Troilo-Krings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Innovative and Visionary Leadership"

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent top level leadership, innovative and visionary.
    Management are always in support of working with imagination, insight, and boldness. I fully enjoy the work I do and my team is great. Company's family oriented culture and creative thinking is making a difference in this industry.

Cons

Improvement can be made on engaging virtual employees

"Unethical, Devious Tactics, Useless Management"

Current Employee - ATC Coach in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - ATC Coach in Portland, OR

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays On time. Work Virtual.

Cons

Unethical practices. Breach of confidence sharing employee personal information. Non compliant Kindergarten management style. Employees harass each other. Under minding and unappreciated employees. No training, unskilled work force. Derogatory and Demeaning comments directed at employees. The worst place to work even if you were homeless.

Advice to Management

Clean House and start over with skilled, educated, intellect professionals that have a grasp of the business world and have a shred of decency and organization.
    Treat your employees like valuable assets not clueless bimbos that perform as puppets. Spend some money on the tools that drive your profitability......labtop, phone service, headsets. Everything you provide breaks or does not work so how are you running a company.

Nov 30, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We have been spending time developing our professionals including agents and will continue as needs arise.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - ATC in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - ATC in Portland, OR

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office. They provide laptop, phone, and a Team Leader.

Cons

Low pay. CFO manages everything. Zero personality. Not a leader. No backbone.

Advice to Management

Conduct salary survey. Compensate employees and treat people as people not robots. Employee engagement is a joke. CEO prance around and don't have a clue what employees need. She is more interested in her personal life. CEO don't care about or understand the definition of what work life balance is. Team Leaders complain about the CFO and CEO. HR!!! What HR? They go through HR Mgr's.....at least 4 in the last 4 years.

"Biggest mistake!"

Current Employee - Travel Coach in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Travel Coach in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. That's all.

Cons

Everything. No one I work with is happy. We are all miserable in this company. Management encourages hostility. Pay is one shoo low its insulting for all they want you to do because they're unorganized and still can't figure out how to delegate duties and compensate acordiling. They are discriminatory. If you're not 60 years old, under psychiatric medications, female and white, they'll make you're life miserable. They intimidate and HR will tell you you are replaceable. Employees police and mandate each other. HR is useless and a joke. Management leads thru emails. Every direction, decision and process is emailed. There is absolutely no training. They have no sense of direction or management. They lack integrity, clear definitions and no company standards. They make "rules" as to fit them and harass or incite harassment in the work place. Even working from home management is useless. They allow employees to manage and operate as enforcers. This company is under the power of rejects in the industry. People with 40 years experience who have burned so many bridges can't be employed else where. BBB has so many complaints against this company, I wonder how I missed the red flags.

Don't wall away, run away from this company.

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of the sand.
    Get organized.
    Ask your employees what is needed.
    Relate.
    Come off your email and lead.
    Train.
    Reward.
    Encourage.
    Motivate.
    Stop hiding.
    Talk to your employees not management, they are hiding the truth.
    HR is also part of the problem.
    This might help you retain accounts instead of losing them left and right.
    Work in tandem with those that provide the service.
    Happy agents, happy clients.

5. "Good and bad"

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time

Pros

Actively searches for talent from existing employees to train for bigger roles

Cons

Poor compensation, will work you very hard with very high expectations

Nov 30, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We have studied compensation packages with similar companies and we are in the median

"Wish I never worked here"

I worked at Travel Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about working here is that you can wear whatever you'd like.

Cons

It's a company running on a bed of lies with horrible "leadership" running it. Terrible pay, pretty much no benefits, no raises, need I say more? Leadership treats the employees like slaves and will use and abuse anyone. They talk poorly about everyone behind their backs yet the CEO calls herself a "life coach". Save yourself and do not take a job here!!!

Advice to Management

You constantly receive terrible feedback from employees and customers yet think nothing is wrong with you. Open your eyes.

Jun 11, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

I am sorry that you are having a bad experience. I am from the HR office and please give me a call at 614-901-4100 and let's talk about it. Thank you.

"Poor Leadership Organization"

Former Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Beautiful, showy building and facilities in Columbus.

Cons

Leadership! Starts from the Top - the CEO that calls herself Leadership Coach. It is a joke!!!

Advice to Management

Get some leadership training on how to treat employees - your internal customers.

Jan 28, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having a problem, but I’d like to get to the bottom of it. I am from the HR department of TS24, please give me a call at 614-901-4100 and let’s sort this out... More

8. "Great people working for an innovative, service focused company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork and cooperation at all levels of the organization
    Very friendly and supportive atmosphere
    Service-oriented in all departments
    Continually seeks to improve and provide more value to the customer
    Very comfortable and quality environment with amenities

Cons

A bit stressful at times with multiple deadlines and changing priorities

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- growing the company and expanding the opportunities

9. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best Travel Management Company options for any size business due to their customized travel program capabilities. Operations is highly respected and supported.

Cons

None to list at this time

"Friendly, collaborative culture, principaled leadership, modern office facility, average pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed office atmosphere, helpful colleagues
    - Ethical work standards and strong client relationships
    - Schedule flexibility for many roles, lots of agents work from home
    - Clean, modern office building with amenities

Prior to going to work for TS24, my previous work experience had made me unhappy and cynical. I was shocked by excessive dysfunction and inefficiency (and even some duplicity!) in the policies and practices of two large, international companies, and I was discouraged because workers with good ideas and high standards were ignored or even stifled when they called attention to bad practices or tried to incite reform or improve processes and client relationships. I dreaded going to work, and I left each day feeling as though a little bit of my inner joy and personality had died. I was disillusioned with corporate America and wanted out.

When I came to TS24, I took a sizeable pay cut in order to get out of my last position, but don’t regret the decision. The company culture at TS24 has been a breath of fresh air. TS24 makes a lot of efforts to recruit and retain good people. The office ambiance is upbeat, comfortable, and cooperative. The relationship with clients is collaborative (my last company was downright hostile with clients once a contract had been signed). The CEO and management at TS24 are present and accessible, not removed from the "little people" like in many companies. The restrooms are always clean (The restrooms in my last office building were repulsive). It may seem like a minor detail, but little things can make a difference, and the office facility is very nice and clean and offers many amenities. I genuinely find TS24 to be a pleasant place to work, and I believe they care about their employees. Those qualities are difficult to find, and are essential to simple, day-to-day happiness.

Cons

Most people work because we have to, not because we want to, so it's very easy to complain. However, I don't have anything to complain about at TS24 because I am still recovering from a truly unpleasant job and work environment in the past, and I am still appreciating all that is different about TS24.

Advice to Management

Good job!