Travel Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Travel Solutions CEO and Leadership Coach Tammy R. Troilo-Krings
Tammy R. Troilo-Krings

"Innovative and Visionary Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent top level leadership, innovative and visionary.
    Management are always in support of working with imagination, insight, and boldness. I fully enjoy the work I do and my team is great. Company's family oriented culture and creative thinking is making a difference in this industry.

Cons

Improvement can be made on engaging virtual employees

"VIP Agent"

Former Employee - VIP Agent in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - VIP Agent in Portland, OR

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provide phone, laptop and management support

Cons

Management disconnected from employees, retain low performing employees, unrealistic performance goals, why change company name three times....what are they hiding. Non-competitive compensation. Team Leads are dishonest. Say one thing do something else.

Advice to Management

Tell the CEO to have realistic company goals.

"Poor Leadership Organization"

Former Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Beautiful, showy building and facilities in Columbus.

Cons

Leadership! Starts from the Top - the CEO that calls herself Leadership Coach. It is a joke!!!

Advice to Management

Get some leadership training on how to treat employees - your internal customers.

Travel Solutions Response

Jan 28, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having a problem, but I’d like to get to the bottom of it. I am from the HR department of TS24, please give me a call at 614-901-4100 and let’s sort this out ... More

4. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best Travel Management Company options for any size business due to their customized travel program capabilities. Operations is highly respected and supported.

Cons

None to list at this time

5. "Great people working for an innovative, service focused company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork and cooperation at all levels of the organization
    Very friendly and supportive atmosphere
    Service-oriented in all departments
    Continually seeks to improve and provide more value to the customer
    Very comfortable and quality environment with amenities

Cons

A bit stressful at times with multiple deadlines and changing priorities

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- growing the company and expanding the opportunities

"Friendly, collaborative culture, principaled leadership, modern office facility, average pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed office atmosphere, helpful colleagues
    - Ethical work standards and strong client relationships
    - Schedule flexibility for many roles, lots of agents work from home
    - Clean, modern office building with amenities

Prior to going to work for TS24, my previous work experience had made me unhappy and cynical. I was shocked by excessive dysfunction and inefficiency (and even some duplicity!) in the policies and practices of two large, international companies, and I was discouraged because workers with good ideas and high standards were ignored or even stifled when they called attention to bad practices or tried to incite reform or improve processes and client relationships. I dreaded going to work, and I left each day feeling as though a little bit of my inner joy and personality had died. I was disillusioned with corporate America and wanted out.

When I came to TS24, I took a sizeable pay cut in order to get out of my last position, but don’t regret the decision. The company culture at TS24 has been a breath of fresh air. TS24 makes a lot of efforts to recruit and retain good people. The office ambiance is upbeat, comfortable, and cooperative. The relationship with clients is collaborative (my last company was downright hostile with clients once a contract had been signed). The CEO and management at TS24 are present and accessible, not removed from the "little people" like in many companies. The restrooms are always clean (The restrooms in my last office building were repulsive). It may seem like a minor detail, but little things can make a difference, and the office facility is very nice and clean and offers many amenities. I genuinely find TS24 to be a pleasant place to work, and I believe they care about their employees. Those qualities are difficult to find, and are essential to simple, day-to-day happiness.

Cons

Most people work because we have to, not because we want to, so it's very easy to complain. However, I don't have anything to complain about at TS24 because I am still recovering from a truly unpleasant job and work environment in the past, and I am still appreciating all that is different about TS24.

Advice to Management

Good job!

7. "Excellent company"

Former Employee - customer coach in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - customer coach in New Albany, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with flexible schedules and good pay. The people are talented and fun to work with. The culture is a 3 musketeers type thing of we're all responsible for each other so team work is encouraged. Quality work and loyalty are rewarded. Executive leadership is supportive. The owners are the best people I've ever worked for. Privately owned.

Cons

I left only to spend more time raising my family. If I had to work again I would go back. I still have friends & contacts there. My team leader was the best!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time

Pros

The are accepting of a dog in the office on occassions.

Cons

Very high turn over. Lack of raises, lack of reviews, poor business practices. Little respect for employees and unwillingness to listen to team members and new ideas. Growth opportunities are not open to staff, they are announced that someone received a promotion and no one knows why. Benefits are terrible and have high premiums with high deductibles.

Advice to Management

Provide stronger benefits, offer staff travel incentives, and provide yearly raises, not continous pay freezes. Respect your employees in all stations, they are your foundation.

"Worst Job Travel Job Experience"

Former Employee - Travel Coach in New Albany, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a few new job skills.

Cons

Where to begin. The pay is probably the worst in the industry. Seasoned agents are making less than those who work at the airport and have way more experience. You get put in a box with no way of progressing in your career. Domestic agents don't get additional training for other departments. Important accounts lost and new accounts rarely acquired.

During the down turn of the economy Travel Solutions laid off almost 50% of its agents and the remaining employees didn't receive a raise for over 4 years. Obviously very poor business practices.

Advice to Management

The employees are the bread and butter of the company and you would not be able to exist without them. When there are so many travel management companies that treat their employees like gold, agents will decide to go elsewhere.

Being down to earth and relatable was not the owners strength and morale suffered.

"Very high turn over due to dissatisfaction"

Former Employee - Travel Coach in New Albany, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hiring entry level agents, that can get a foot in the door, learn as much as possible to move on to a better company.

Cons

Run you through a quick week of onsite training for multiple accounts and send you home with a laptop. Cannot contact IT with any problems because you have to go through 2 levels of supervisors to get things resolved. No ongoing training, do not keep employees in the loop when new accounts are added. Do not supply agents with incentives. They have a 'good ole boy' system in place to promote their friends; instead of promoting agents that have experience. At times not even posting jobs for announcement. Biggest event that turned me around was learning that some agents had been there for a few years and had not gotten a raise! They do not do yearly or 1/2 yearly reviews to let you know if you are doing a good job or not. They seem to put a lot of effort into promoting their company without considering the agents who are actually doing the work. They are losing a lot of personnel due to the under handed practices.

Advice to Management

Consider your agents compensation package; salary, medical benefits, vacation.