Travelers "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Travelers full-time

Pros

Great benefits, retirement and days off

Cons

Not enough team building opportunities.

Travelers2018-10-31

"Sr Cash Control Analyst"

I have been working at Travelers full-time

Pros

Great benefits, flex hours, some departments work from home, casual work attire.

Cons

Boss in another state where all the jobs get hired. My job after 16 years moved to another Travelers department in another state. They hung onto me to train and didn't compensate. Others let go.

Travelers2018-10-25

"Great Benefits, Lower Pay"

I have been working at Travelers full-time

Pros

Great benefits, and flexible work/life balance

Cons

Pay is on the lower end for industry standard. Processing work can be tedious with their outdated systems.

Travelers2018-10-13

"Best company I ever worked for"

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Travelers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel supported by my leadership, they genuinely care about my success. Expectations are clearly outlined and leadership helps to give you the tools to reach those expectations - there are no surprises. The onboarding was amazing, the most thorough I've had in any job I've held. Work/life balance is fantastic. They have recently begun to allow workforce to work from home up to 3 days per week and 2 days in office with desk-share; this is one of the best perks by far. And when you do come to the office you get to wear jeans! Great benefits: health, dental, vision, 401K, stock options, bonuses to those who earn it, great competitive wages, reimbursement for classes to further your career goals. The working atmosphere is supportive, leadership is consistent. The work can be demanding, but it's all about organizing your own workflow. Coworkers are friendly, welcoming and willing to help. The company celebrates diversity and cultural inclusion. It's okay to be out at work and talk about your husband/wife/partner and share your life with others. Several speakers are booked per year to speak about diversity topics, the events are meaningful and thought provoking. Locally we do a lot of community outreach work. Travelers offers a matching program that can help infuse dollars into a 501c3 of your choice through matching donations or with donating your time. Communication is open and encouraged, open door policy with all leadership including local VP. I work as a nurse for the company. I don't have direct patient contact which I prefer. In my role I have no risks for physical injury to my own body, no risks to my license and I enjoy working a set schedule with the ability to plan vacations. I always have weekends off. 3 weeks paid vacation to start with all major holidays off including the day after Thanksgiving. Plus I like that we are a financially conservative company that doesn't need gimmicks to keep our name hot. We have a solid past and we continue to have a solid future with the smart choices brought forth by senior leadership.

Cons

Sedentary job - very little activity, but you can get up and take breaks and walk. Office is very cold, I dress in winter wear year round.

Travelers2018-09-19

"Support Processor"

Former Employee - Support Processor in Elmira, NY

I worked at Travelers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travelers offers great benefits, health insurance is affordable, disability is excellent - they pay you 100% for maternity leave! Paid time off is more than any company I had ever worked for before. They encourage professional development.

Cons

Company has outsourced many functions offshore costing people their jobs in several locations, lack of job security for some roles.

Travelers2018-09-14
  6. "Click field rep"

I have been working at Travelers full-time

Pros

Great company that offers great benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Travelers2018-09-05
  7. "auto claims representative"

I have been working at Travelers full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits/ many pto days

Cons

work life balance/ more claim representatives are needed to handle to claims

Travelers2018-08-29

"The people made the experience bearable"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX

I worked at Travelers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Generous time off. Great people

Cons

NO opportunity for advancement from the sales position, which we were led to believe there was. Managers are helpful, but i wonder what they do all day.

Travelers2018-08-01

"Competitive pay and benefits, not the place to be for the goal oriented"

Operations Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Travelers for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits including low health insurance deductible and a pension as well as 401k with a 6% match, most employers don't offer these perks.

Cons

Not much work/life flexibility and pretends to hire experts but hires a lot of referred candidates. There were some knowledgeable staff who were previously law enforcement, skilled trade and veterans which is great for the investigation role, however they hired SEVERAL former Enterprise employees, which if you read their customer reviews, has less than stellar employees. These are new college grads without any actual knowledge of the insurance industry or simply mechanical knowledge, but just sales people, not very successful ones at that. The majority of employees I encounter don't understand how property and casualty works, what the difference is between an agent, broker and insurer, which is important when filing a first notice of loss. I was hired for an operations specialist role, which is a basic clerical role with not much opportunity for advancement and VERY mundane work. If your happy doing the bare minimum, and not being mentally stimulated, it's the place to be with competitive pay for doing virtually nothing, but if you want a challenge or opportunities, it's definitely not the place for you, at least not an operations specialist role. In addition to this, even if you apply for a different position internally, unless there are opening at your current location or you work at the corporate office in CT, don't expect to get any opportunities at other locations, having interviewed with a few different positions at different locations, they're very hesitant to hire anyone that may need to relocate, so if you're looking to move up, you're pigeon holed into only being able to move up in the same division in which you were hired, and there's very few advancement opportunities. Another weird and somewhat minimal inconvenience, but I had never encountered at any other employee, yet ran into it multiple times at Travelers, is that when mass emails go out, many employees make the mistake of hitting "reply all" which creates a chain reaction, so when you send an email to 10,000 employees and someone hits "reply all," expect to spend the day deleting hundreds and hundreds of emails because people will continuously hit "reply all" just to tell everyone else "please stop hitting reply all." No work/life balance in claims, even if you're not tied to a phone or have an inventory, you're still mostly likely not going to have a work from home option or a flexible schedule option so you'll be in the office 8-5 all week. No bonuses, even claims employees held to a financial goal, you'll just get a free lunch for meeting it, not much incentive to go above and beyond. Overall, the subrogation departments are simply glorified call centers. Also, the company is frequently has lay offs and downsizing, no one is exempt from this, underwriting, claims, management, support, etc.

Travelers2018-07-31
  10. "Great Companh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers full-time

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, great people

Cons

None - I can’t think of any con. Maybe lack of free parking?

Travelers2018-05-30

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 197 reviews