Travelex Reviews | Glassdoor

Travelex Reviews

Updated 10 Sep 2019

Found 515 reviews

3.3
Travelex CEO Tony DSouza  (no image)
Tony DSouza
Pros
  • "Special rates in currency for staff(in 31 reviews)

• "Innovative programmes of delivery makes the work environment very fast paced and gives a "start-up" vibe(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Overall career progression limited to bare minimum(in 16 reviews)

• "Crappy rates, not enough workers, careless managers and low pay rate, and dead end job(in 13 reviews)

1. "Modern company"

I have been working at Travelex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment Decent pay & benefits

Cons

Communication between countries can be challenging

Travelex2019-08-03

August 20, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for leaving Travelex a review - it's great to see you are enjoying your time with us! It's wonderful to have you on board.

2. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Travelex part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good job to have if you’re looking to get into sales.

Cons

Management team is garbage. They micromanage all employees and blame the sales people’s for not hitting their ridiculous targets.

Travelex2019-09-10

"Horrible Company"

I have been working at Travelex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, employee discounts, work alone

Cons

Horrible pay, no corporate support, bad RSM, way too much work for very little pay, pressure to up-sell when rates are ripping customers off. Company let’s the good, hardworking managers go and keep the dumb easy ones to save money. No culture, no growth, bad company that should get bought out. Worst company to work for!

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and treat them with respect. Stop treating employees like dirt

Travelex2019-06-04
  4. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Travelex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good vibes/work culture. Work with a lot of experienced people.

Cons

It became monotonous and slow in growth

Travelex2019-04-18

April 24, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m glad you enjoy the great work culture we have here at Travelex, and the awesome people! I’m sorry you felt your role became monotonous and slow, but wish you the best of luck in your next venture.

"My first 2 weeks with travelex"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Hunts Crossroads, SC

I have been working at Travelex part-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day is different you meet customers who are happy as they are going away everyone is so calm and cheerful and even though it's a fast paced service you never seem to feel it the time just seems to fly

Cons

I've not found any as yet

Advice to Management

No advice to give other than all the staff at hunts cross are really supportive and would like to give credit were it's due

Travelex2019-04-01

April 24, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for leaving us a review, and welcome on board! I am so pleased you are enjoying your first few weeks and wish you best of luck in your journey here at Travelex.

6. "The most toxic work environment of my 13 years of professional experience."

Former Employee - Support Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Travelex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travelex of Charlotte, NC is one of the few locations which isn't run by corporate, so as long as you don't end up working for this particular owner you'll probably enjoy the job. You get to meet a lot of fascinating people, and handling and learning about all of the various currencies was easily my favorite part about the job! Overall, Travelex is a pretty good company. Just don't work at their Charlotte, NC... branch.

Cons

I worked for the Charlotte, NC branch for a year and a half. This branch had four different Team Managers my last year there, so there was a complete lack of consistency in what the Sales Consultants could expect from their superiors. As the Support Trainer, I was responsible for on-boarding and training all new Sales Consultants. While management may have asked for my input on new hires, my recommendations... were essentially ignored as management was more concerned with throwing the new employees out on the floor in an effort to achieve sales targets rather than ensuring that the new Sales Consultants were operationally sound and fully prepared to do the job. This did nothing but set up a lot of the new hires for failure, and it ultimately led to a lot of in-house resentment, turmoil, and an obscene amount of employee turnover. For example, during the last 9 months of my employment, I was training between 1 and 3 new hires EVERY SINGLE DAY I worked. To put that into perspective, Travelex of Charlotte, NC has three stores, and I trained enough people during that 9 month window to fully staff those stores at least twice. The icing on the cake: There's little to no appreciation of any hard work you may put forth from upper management, even when you go above and beyond the call of duty for them. I was the employee who would be called upon at the last moment to help fill in if someone was sick. It would not be unusual for me to work 16 hour days back to back to back just to help the team. However, when I found myself suddenly hospitalized due to illness, I was fired for "job abandonment" without them even giving me a chance to fully explain myself, despite my having more than adequate documentation to verify my circumstances.

Advice to Management

Anything short of the owner losing the contract with Charlotte Douglas International Airport which would allow for corporate to potentially take over and clean house on management, it's impossible to salvage this location due to the complete lack of accountability at the top

Travelex2019-04-18
  7. "Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Travelex full-time

Pros

Great working environment. Co-workers are fun.

Cons

A lot of expectations. Wants to upsell everything.

Travelex2018-11-04
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Travelex part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, treat their people well

Cons

Not full time, alot of paper work

Advice to Management

Give your employees more room to make decisions

Travelex2018-10-15

"Sales Associate"

Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Travelex

Pros

Decent salary onsite training Good benefits One can gain a great deal of experience while working there.

Cons

Shifts can be long sometimes

Travelex2018-10-02
  10. "Open to learning this is the company for you"

I have been working at Travelex full-time

Pros

Could have a flexible schedule. Able to earn extra income based on sales. Meet many people!

Cons

Working holidays is a guaranteed. Have options to request off but that’s not guaranteed. No yearly pay increase

Travelex2018-10-02