Traveling Vineyard Reviews | Glassdoor

Traveling Vineyard Reviews

Updated September 9, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Traveling Vineyard Founder, CEO, Chief Grape Stomper and Head Cheerleader Richard Libby
Richard Libby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "To have such high quality wines from around the world at such an incredible value makes my job as a Wine Guide so easy to market these amazing wines" (in 32 reviews)

• "The support from our CEO to all other wine guides across the country is like no other company, not just direct sales company" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Maybe have "on call" staff rotating shifts to support the wine guides who primarily do business on the weekends" (in 11 reviews)

• "seriously no cons to this company" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Fun, Flexible and Rewarding, in more ways than one!"

Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard is a super supportive company. They provide numerous training opportunities and perks as well as always updating policies and procedures to help the wine guides. They had updated the comp plan to make it understandable and easier to promote. The support staff is quick to respond while professional and kind.

Cons

I'm at a loss for a con at the moment. A year and a half in and love the company and products!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! the staff is amazing. The training's are awesome.

2. "Great Side Hustle"

Current Employee - One Star Leader in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - One Star Leader in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility of being an Independent Wine Guide! The start up costs are reasonable, and you can earn back what you spent on it within a few tastings. There are no quotas to meet , which is important to me as I am a teacher, and some months are crazy busy in school. I love and believe in the product, and sharing great wines from around the world with others! The training is online, which is very convenient, and the support from your local team to the corporate office is really great. The CEO welcomes suggestions from everyone, and truly cares about each person.

Cons

The only "con" in my opinion is that in order to get corporate leads, you have to be at a certain level. Clearly this is subjective; otherwise I would be hard pressed to find any.

3. "Traveling Vineyard is Such a Blessing"

Current Employee - Two Star Leader in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Two Star Leader in Normal, IL

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard is amazing for busy folks who want some extra income, a new hobby, or even discounts on wine purchases. There are no quotas that need to be met each month, the whole culture is very helpful, inclusive, and encouraging. Training is thorough. I'm so happy I found this company.

Cons

The commissions are a little low compared to other direct sales companies.

4. "An amazing Company to work with"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Star, ID
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Star, ID

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of support, great product, they listen to the guides are are constantly improving and evolving

Cons

I haven’t really experienced any Cons. Maybe because we are still growing on the West Coast there aren’t always regionals close to us. But I know they are making changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job. The support is amazing and I always feel important and part of a family!

5. "Independent Wine Guide"

Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide in Shippenville, PA
    Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide in Shippenville, PA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility of Traveling Vineyard! My life right now is filled with alot of things that are important to me: my family (Grandchildren!!), my church activities, my professional day job, and Traveling Vineyard. There is alot of encouragement to succeed and support but I am grateful that there isn't pressure to meet a quota. I want to grow my business steady and sure. Thank you for the tools to do that!

Cons

We could use a couple more sweet wines that are not fizzy. The area where I live and do my tastings is pretty saturated with sweet wine loving people. There are some that prefer dry wines, but the sweet lovers definitely far exceed that. I hear almost every tasting that my population want more sweet options.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to look at the shipping for supplies to see if there is a way to reduce the shipping for things such as ITO forms or be able to combine that somehow with wine orders. I realize the guides who use the awesomm app do not need the forms, but I don't own a smart phone, I use an Android tablet, so I have to use the ITO's.

6. "Best direct sales opportunity EVAH!!!!"

Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of pros, but the camaraderie of the entire Traveling Vineyard tribe is outstanding!!

Cons

Hard to come up with any :)

7. "Very caring company"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ongoing training, great HQ support, team environment, flexible scheduling/own business

Cons

No leads until you’ve met goals, training comes from people with seniority

Advice to Management

Utilize people with knowledge in the field more

8. "Best Side Hustle Ever!!!"

Current Employee - One Star Leader Wine Guide in Mitchellville, MD
    Current Employee - One Star Leader Wine Guide in Mitchellville, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start Up Cost & Training

Cons

More Choices with ReWine Subscription

Advice to Management

Provide more selection or choices for customers to chose with ReWine subscription service.

9. "Wine guide"

Current Employee - III Star Leader in Livermore Center, ME
    Current Employee - III Star Leader in Livermore Center, ME

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons! Flexibility, financial rewards, meeting lots of people in different settings, new friendships, learning constantly without even trying sometimes! Wine, wine and more wine!!!

Cons

Shipping for outside orders, though may be cheap in the industry is still a lot. It does stop many people from placing an order.

Advice to Management

Offer something better for outside order shipping. Maybe all shipping drops at 6 bottles? What you lose in shipping may be made up for in bottles? Maybe not, just a suggestion if possible. Sales are lost often, due to shipping.
    Another suggestion, have a second option for guest reward at 3 bottles. People love the pourers but often guests who are multiple time repeats don’t want 3,4,5+sets so it is no longer a reward.

10. "Best Job and CEO Ever!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide and II Star Leader in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Wine Guide and II Star Leader in New Castle, DE

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

First of all. It’s WINE! And amazing wine at that. So what’s not to love?!? I never thought I would find myself in direct sales but now that I have been working with the Traveling Vineyard for over year I am kicking myself for not starting sooner. The company touts what we call the 5 F’s: Fun, Friendship, Fulfillment, Flexibility and Financial Reward. And, this job lives up to all of them. Our CEO and support staff - lovingly called our Cheerleaders- are amazing and we are provided amazing support and training to help us rock our business. Although a love of wine is certainly a plus, it’s not necessary and you don’t need to be an expert because Traveling Vineyard provides you all the training and tools you’ll ever need. It’s the best on the job training you will ever have. I initially started because of my love of wine and food and I needed for extra money to start paying down back breaking debt from putting 3 kids through school - which I have been consistently doing with the extra money I am making - but a benefit that I did not expect is all of the genuine and amazing connections and friendships I am making. Lastly, you can make this job whatever you want... Part time, full time, hobbyists or just for the consultant discount. There are no quotas or pressure to sell. It’s all up to you what you want to make of it. And, where else can you start your own business for under $200. It’s really amazing company, with great culture ad values and top notch product!

Cons

Honestly nothing. I only wish I found out about this sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!