Traveling Vineyard Reviews | Glassdoor

Traveling Vineyard Reviews

Updated June 29, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Traveling Vineyard Founder, CEO, Chief Grape Stomper and Head Cheerleader Richard Libby
Richard Libby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "To have such high quality wines from around the world at such an incredible value makes my job as a Wine Guide so easy to market these amazing wines" (in 27 reviews)

• "The support from our CEO to all other wine guides across the country is like no other company, not just direct sales company" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I noticed that wine guides in the Northeastern part of the States seem to have higher profit events than those of us located in southwestern Arizona" (in 10 reviews)

• "seriously no cons to this company" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Amazing #sidehustle"

Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a fun way to make some extra money, love wine, and have a few hours to spare every month this is the place for you. It is WORK, and you do get what you put into it - but the company makes sure you have tools to be successful. FANTASTIC wine!

Cons

Just don't sign up thinking its easy or fast money and I'd say give yourself a full 6months in the business. Most people are fantastic - my upline left but i receive support from her upline anyway. Really don't have any major cons - its a direct sales business and you're dealing with people - so you'll always have little issues with those two :)

Advice to Management

I think some diversity in the top structures would look more appealing to the outside world. I do think TV does an awesome job of taking care of us WG, - from tshirt promotions, Harvest etc - and I greatly appreciate that. I do hate the fact that some uplines "stack" and others do not. I've worked m y business pretty solo with no one stacking leads to promote me - which shows my effort, but it sucks to see other people promoting because they are getting some extra help team building.

2. "I love this company!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard is the best company I have ever worked for. I get to design the schedule I want and get to get out of the house a couple nights a week. I'm grateful for the amazing product that Rick and Huib create and I love that I get this opportunity to have my own business with wine. I've also been able to get connected with other like minded business owners who I'm proud to say, have become my friends!

Cons

I wish there were more wine guides out there!

3. "Becoming a wine guide has changed my life for the better!!! Best job ever!"

Current Employee - 2-Star Leader in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - 2-Star Leader in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here are some of the pros to Traveling Vineyard:
    -It is the best job for a stay at home mom! I love to get out of the house, away from my kids, and go sip on some wine, while teaching others about wine and getting paid for it at the same time!
    -I love the flexibility- they have no minimum monthly sales requirements, so I’m able to create my own goals, with no pressure from the company, only total support from our CEO, cheerleaders, and teammates!
    -In addition to the above, I’ve made so many friendships through becoming a wine guide! Some of my best friends are wine guides and wine customers!
    -I earn not only a commission, but also free and/or discounted wine to drink and share with my friends!
    -I’ve learned so much about wine, and how to pair it with food.

Cons

There really are NO cons to this business that I can think of...if I had to think of something, I would say that I wish we had more accessories available for our guests to order, and better host/guest rewards.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Our CEO and cheerleaders at WHQ are amazing and so supportive! Couldn’t ask for better management!

4. "Fun and Flexible Career"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Rolla, ND
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Rolla, ND

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that this is truly an option to work as much or little as you want. No minimum sales volume to maintain. Also love not having to stock inventory. Orders are placed and items ship directly to event host or customer. And it is really good wine - a fun, consumable product that people buy on a regular basis already. And where else do you get paid to taste wine with a group of people? And I have learned so much about wine - very easy to learn and get rolling. Amazing support and resources for the Wine Guides. And amazing customer service from Traveling Vineyard Headquarters.

Cons

Less opportunity to do the business primarly online/facebook events. In home wine tastings are the key to this one. But it is so much fun (and a great excuse to get out and try new wines even as the wine guide). And once people try the wines, often they place repeat orders or sign up for the Rewined Wine Club, so not all orders need an in-person event.

5. "Excellent Side Hustle with Great potential"

Current Employee - I Star Leader in Middletown, NJ
    Current Employee - I Star Leader in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun loving company with great ideas and enthusiasm! Amazing support from the central office. Excellent product, I haven't met a wine I didn't like from the Traveling Vineyard. Very supportive of any participation whether it's a small number of events to the highest level in the company. I see a lot of potential to work with this company and they have a ton of support and training available for anyone who wants to take the leap into something new!

Cons

Personally, I experienced a little confusion navigating the training documents in the very beginning. There recently was a launch of a new training program for those getting started which has probably already solved this problem. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun loving, motivating approach to this business. Cheers to Rick Libby and Kate Franklin who champion the company's initiatives with great enthusiasm!! It's been a really fun company to work for and I am ready to dive in further!!

6. "Amazing Winetrepreneur Opportunity"

Current Employee - One Star Leader in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - One Star Leader in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible business opportunity that allow you to earn income (full time or extra side money) at your pace based on boutique wines. The company trains you to do in home wine tastings with knowledge from Sommelier online based classes which gives you insights to help educate event guests to enjoy their wine even more with simple steps. The friendship created in this company are amazing. It is incredibly fun and there are no minimum sales needed per month. The only required fee is your monthly website fee and that is minimal. You are recognized for your achievements - not just with your local team but the support from the national level is amazing! Leadership understands we need the materials for building our business and supports SO many wine guide ideas! The discounts on amazing wine is definitely an added bonus AND the commission is great!

Cons

Trying not to drink the wine you use for tasting events.

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic and listen to their wine guides - they are wonderful!

7. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - One-Star Leader in Cheektowaga, NY
    Current Employee - One-Star Leader in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard works with my busy full-time schedule so I can earn some extra money. I love the flexibility. On months when I want to earn more extra money, I book more tastings! I don't need someone to "approve" extra hours, I approve them myself! They also give me control over how much I make. If I want to earn more per event, I know I need to add extra events to give myself that "raise".

Cons

The only "con" I can think of is that the points we earn "reset" each month. Wish they would carry over month to month, especially for those of us that work on a "part-time" basis. And honestly, it's not really a con, since it's a "free perk" to earn points to begin with!

8. "My Experience as a Wine Guide"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve met so many fabulous people and I have a lot of fun. It’s a wonderful experience. Not only does Traveling Vineyard provide top notch training, but when we do anything, we’re recognized for it. I don’t have that in my full time job.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons ... only pros

Advice to Management

Great job

9. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - One Star Leader - Wine Guide in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - One Star Leader - Wine Guide in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard has given me the opportunity to work on my own schedule, as little or as much as I want. The support from other employees (who are now my friends) as well as the Cheerleaders at the home office have made being a wine guide very easy. It was very easy to learn how to present at a wine tasting and the annual Harvest event was the highlight of my year where I learned SO much and make so many friends. And the best part is that it really is a lot of FUN!!!

Cons

No cons. I get to drink wine for my job!

10. "How does someone get so lucky!?!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Hays, KS
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Hays, KS

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This opportunity is truly whatever you want to make it into. You don't have anyone breathing down your neck to sell sell sell. You always have the trust and confidence in the company that they will always do the right thing. I have never been more surprised than I was when I found this company! I love what it has given to my family and myself!

Cons

I truly don't feel there is a con to this opportunity!