Traveling Vineyard Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Richard Libby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"So Much More than a Job!"

Current Employee - Emerald Director in Thomaston, ME
    Current Employee - Emerald Director in Thomaston, ME

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard has changed my life. Never in a million years did I think that by joining a Direct Sales company for some sanity, grown up time and a little extra cash, would I gain lifelong friends, an incredible amount of personal fulfillment and the ability to travel the world. I am now earning more money than my husband and have become an equal contributor. I've made friends from every part of the country and as a military family that now means that wherever we go, I already have "family" there. I could go on forever about the pros of Traveling Vineyard, but ultimately it all comes down to the people. Rick, Huib, Kate and the rest of the staff at WHQ are the best support network one could ever hope for. No issues goes unresolved and you can tell everyone really loves their jobs. I've never been in a job that made me feel as fulfilled as Traveling Vineyard does.

Cons

As with any job where you work from home, my biggest issue is my own time management. I manage a large team, and 3 small kids and a household and sometimes I need more hours in the day! No fault of Traveling Vineyard though- they give me tons of resources and tools to try and take as much of the burden as possible and still make sure we have the personal touch in everything we do!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! No one does it better than you! :)

2. "Traveling Vineyard Changed My Life!!"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in Glastonbury, CT
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in Glastonbury, CT

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I needed to find work that I did not have a set schedule since I take care of my Mom as well as my family of 3 sons and husband. I wanted to be in charge of when I worked and how much BUT I also wanted to determine what I earned. Well, this company was my answer! Complete flexibility, no ceiling on income, and more personal joy than I ever thought I would find. Oh, and I knew NOTHING about wine the day I started. Not a thing! The training has been incredible!

Cons

I wish I discovered this job sooner!

3. "Best Job Ever!!!"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in Jefferson, NJ
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in Jefferson, NJ

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Traveling Vineyard is the best place I have ever worked. Every single person who signs up has every opportunity to succeed and advance. The culture that CEO Rick Libby has created and fosters is second to none. Training is outstanding. Corporate office listens to our concerns and always strives to give us the best experience. Life changing!

Cons

I have no cons! Wish I found them sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us!

4. "Not Just a Job but a career"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in Verplanck, NY
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in Verplanck, NY

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

so much flexibility while also able to make a good income

Cons

would love to have a white/white wine club to market

5. "Team Leader"

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time

Pros

The wine is amazing! The BEST direct sales company ever! So many positive things, from great pay, to recognition, to amazing training and amazing team support. Where else can you get paid to share wine with the world!

Cons

Not a single thing! I found what I needed!

Advice to Management

You guys are the best! I wished I could work at headquarters:)

6. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide and Leader in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide and Leader in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cares about their employees, supportive and so much opportunity for growth. The company provides great self-paced and group training opportunities. They are always seeking feedback from their employees to try to improve on processes and products. This is the first "job" I have loved! I look forward to working my business every day!

Cons

Confusing compensation plan. Simplify the plan so that it is easy to understand at any level and so that it is easy to explain to potential employees.

Advice to Management

Simplify compensation plan

7. "Ruby Director"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility! I am a Stay at Home mom so I can do this on the days that work for my family and I am still able to earn an income while not missing out on important events with my kids. I have met the most amazing people from all over the US on my team, on other teams and at World Headquarters and I never would have met them if it wasn't through WINE. I have never met so many people willing to help me be successful. This has been life changing for our family and for me personally to find something outside of just being "MOM". I love getting to meet new people in my community and having a night out makes me a better wife and Mom! I wish I had joined earlier!!

Cons

I wish more people were doing it in Texas! We have hosts who don't always have someone near them to do an event!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You are great at listening to what we need and giving us the tools and resources that help us be successful!

"Traveling Vineyard Changed My Life!"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in West Bend, WI
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in West Bend, WI

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Traveling Vineyard while I was a stay at home mom, looking to add to our monthly income without putting my kids in daycare. $300-$500 extra per month was my goal, to save for vacations, add to our savings account and not live so "tight" with our budget. I started making that extra money right away. I soon realized the opportunity that was in front of me as a Wine Guide. I could take this fun "job" of getting out of the house a few times a month and drinking wine with others and turn it into a full time career. I attended our local and national training conventions, continued to hold 4-6 wine tastings per month and here I am now, 6 years into the business, working as a full time Wine Guide. I make more money now than when I did working in the corporate world, 40 hours per week in Graphic Design & Marketing. My husband and I have traveled the world, all expenses paid, thanks to Traveling Vineyard and the perks that are offered. I've never missed a school program, field trip or any activity at school that I've wanted to attend. I've been able to help my friends when they are in a jam, picking up their kids from school, I take my Grandma to lunch during the week and I fully contribute to our growing savings account and family vacation fund. We've taken the kids to Jamaica, Arizona and Washington D.C. and we are just getting started! The fun, freedom and flexibility that Traveling Vineyard offers is something special and hard to find with a job. The financial rewards have far exceeded my wildest dreams and expectations when I first joined. By far the most rewarding part of being a Wine Guide with Traveling Vineyard has been the friendships I have made along the way, the memories I have made with my fellow Wine Sisters are priceless.

Cons

The downside of Traveling Vineyard is that some of my best friends in the company live across the country! Thank goodness for social media and face-time, I can still connect with them daily!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing at World Headquarters! The support you offer, the constant drive to improve and held us grow as Wine Guides and leaders is far superior to anything I have ever experienced. I appreciate all you do for us on a daily basis!

9. "Ruby Director"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everything about Traveling Vineyard makes it easy to be successful:
    -The training/onboarding processes is logical, thorough and user friendly
    -The level of consultant support is excellent from both corporate headquarters' staff, and other leaders withing the company
    -The product is amazing! Our wines are delicious, award-winning and reasonably priced for the average consumer. They appeal to both wine connoisseur and beginning wine lovers.

Cons

The success of our distribution depends on FedEx or UPS delivery, which is very frustrating when their services are sub-par.

10. "I can't believe this is my job!"

Current Employee - Ruby Director in Hanoverton, OH
    Current Employee - Ruby Director in Hanoverton, OH

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started this job to make some extra money to help with my 3 daughters extra curricular activities. With softball, basketball, soccer, and dance... these expenses can add up quickly! I live in a very small town in NE Ohio and I questioned if Traveling Vineyard would be a good fit for my area. Even in my town of 1200 people and the surrounding area, my wine business has flourished! I've earned trips, made a full time income, and have built some amazing relationships along the way. With the flexibility of this job, I am able to travel with my husband at the drop of a hat when he has to travel for his job and I never have to miss one of my kids school functions because of work. I am very fortunate to have found Traveling Vineyard!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! You all are the best!