Traveling Vineyard Reviews | Glassdoor

Traveling Vineyard Reviews

Updated May 23, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Traveling Vineyard Founder, CEO, Chief Grape Stomper and Head Cheerleader Richard Libby
Richard Libby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • To have such high quality wines from around the world at such an incredible value makes my job as a Wine Guide so easy to market these amazing wines (in 22 reviews)

• The support from our CEO to all other wine guides across the country is like no other company, not just direct sales company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Competitive feeling among wine guides (in 8 reviews)

• I see no cons with this company (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Traveling Vineyard is the Greatest Direct Sales Company to Work With!!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility I get with Traveling Vineyard. There is no pressure to go beyond what I want to do, only support. I happen to have a FT job that I love and I think it's great that I can do both. The educational opportunities and the benefits are outstanding and I basically have my own business but never feel alone, there is support all around to assist me in doing great things. The wines are fantastic and I have no problem marketing them all, quality is superb!! They have also come along way and are always giving back to their employee to make our jobs easier. Many companies charge the consultant for things they give us for free!! and just when I think they have done above and beyond they do something else to help me with my business!!

Cons

They need a few more accessories to market but other than that I have no complaints. They listen every time there is concern. I would like to see a way to virtually attend and get credit for some of the regional meetings since it's often hard to make them.

Advice to Management

Keep the great support coming and keep up the great work and Thank-you, but remember to keep things simple and about the wine!

2. "Wine Guide Life"

Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide & III Star Leader in Leeds, ME
    Current Employee - Independent Wine Guide & III Star Leader in Leeds, ME

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, no minimum quota to meet to stay active, AMAZING wine, the biggest wine family you could ever hope to get, the ability to say "I get to sip wine with new friends and get paid for it!!"

Cons

When your favorite vintage sells out and you need to wait for the next one to release.... yeah no really that is the only con!

Advice to Management

I would love to see some new accessories available! Other then that just keep cheering on your Wine Guides because you make us feel AMAZING and help us ACHIEVE all of our goals!

3. "Wine Guide, 3 Star Leader"

Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun job that pays my bills!

Cons

I have not experienced and cons with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing support you give us. Thanks!

4. "Winning Wine Time!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide/One Star Leader in Watertown, WI
    Current Employee - Wine Guide/One Star Leader in Watertown, WI

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind, fun and supportive tribe of wine guides all the way up the CEO! Can do it on my own time and at my own pace. You get what you put in as far as the work, but you have so much training and support and not much is required to invest and no on hand inventory to worry about. If it's not for you, the worst that can happen is that you are now the proud owner of some awesome wine accessories and great wine! Being a guide is so much fun to gather people together and Traveling Vineyard makes it so easy not only for me as a guide but for the host as well!

Cons

The only cons I can think of really have nothing to do with Traveling Vineyard itself. I wish we can sometimes do our own paid advertising because I wish more people knew about us (and me as a guide in my area!) but I also know alcohol is a heavily regulated industry and so we work within those guidelines.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome and keep listening to your wine guides. We appreciate you evolving and listening to us to help make our lives and jobs better, easier, funner and more fulfilling. Thank you for everything you do!

5. "Best “job” ever!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Dickinson, ND
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Dickinson, ND

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No inventory, no sales quotas, no pressure, do not have to be an expert, FUN!

Cons

Some states are still closed to wine shipments, can’t sell wine at vendor events

Advice to Management

Management & support is awesome. The “cons” are at the state level & no way reflects on Traveling Vineyard.

6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - WineGuide in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - WineGuide in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard (More than a year)

Pros

I have fallen in love with not only Traveling Vineyards delicious wines but also the company itself. Traveling Vineyard is an honest straight forward company. I love that even the CEO interacts with all of the wineguides and leadership is always available. I love that you don’t need to keep inventory and invest a ton of money to be successful.

Cons

none I love Traveling Vineyard

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

7. "Wine Guide"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in New Cumberland, PA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in New Cumberland, PA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to enjoy freedom and flexibility working as a wine guide on my schedule when it is convenient for me. I get to meet new people and have fun with friends. All while enjoying great wine.

Cons

Sometimes the wine I want is out of stock.

8. "Love Wine? This is for you"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Morrow, GA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wine, friends, family this is what Traveling Vineyard is all about. You can share your love of wine with your friends and family and the Traveling Vineyard family is like none you've ever experienced.

Cons

The only downside of being a Wine Guide is getting people to host events. Other than that this is the best company that I have ever worked with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work!!!!

9. "Just Do It!!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, friendship, flexibility, financial reward, fulfillment...we've got it ALL!!

Cons

So much wine, so little time!!

Advice to Management

Contact management/calendar in the back office!!!

10. "More than I ever imagined"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Brenham, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Brenham, TX

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing support from the top down - like no other company I have known! Fun - I am constantly learning and have fun while doing it! I'm making real $$$ and earning other great items along the way just for working my business! Can't say enough about this company!

Cons

Honestly, there are none. My downside is more personal as I have a full-time job as well so I struggle with sometimes finding work-work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing - listening to your wine guides and supporting us with tools to help us do our job in order to make TV a household name.