Traveling Vineyard Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Richard Libby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Becoming a Wine Guide with Traveling Vineyard was a fantastic decision on my part (in 10 reviews)

• In 2013 I had newborn twin boys and a 2 year old boy; instantly I became a stay at home mom (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I see no cons with this company (in 4 reviews)

• Only thing I can think of is having to wash my tasting glasses after a wine tasting (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Traveling Vineyard is the Greatest Direct Sales Company to Work With!!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility I get with Traveling Vineyard. There is no pressure to go beyond what I want to do, only support. I happen to have a FT job that I love and I think it's great that I can do both. The educational opportunities and the benefits are outstanding and I basically have my own business but never feel alone, there is support all around to assist me in doing great things. The wines are fantastic and I have no problem marketing them all, quality is superb!! They have also come along way and are always giving back to their employee to make our jobs easier. Many companies charge the consultant for things they give us for free!! and just when I think they have done above and beyond they do something else to help me with my business!!

Cons

They need a few more accessories to market but other than that I have no complaints. They listen every time there is concern. I would like to see a way to virtually attend and get credit for some of the regional meetings since it's often hard to make them.

Advice to Management

Keep the great support coming and keep up the great work and Thank-you, but remember to keep things simple and about the wine!

2. "Love Traveling Vineyard"

Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Elkhart, IN
    Current Employee - Three Star Leader in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much to love about TV. The support and sense of community from other wine guides is like no other. Our chief grapestomper and cheerleaders are always trying to make our “jobs” easier and always have the wine guides interest first. The thought of public speaking always terrified me however, throughout my time with TV I have developed better speaking and people skills I never thought I would have. The friendships I’ve made along the way all while having fun has been priceless! Not to mention the wine is FANTASTIC!

Cons

Technological issues can sometimes arise and can be frustrating but headquarters is usually aware and working on a resolution quickly. Sometimes support doesn’t respond very timely when an unusual question or issue arises.

Advice to Management

You work hard to provide us great customer service and support, keep up the great dedication.

3. "Wine Guide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling to different places, drinking wine and making new friends!

Cons

Many customers want a wine tasting on a Friday or Saturday night which can cause some conflicts!

4. "One of the best direct sales companies out there!!"

Current Employee - Two Star Leader in Westfield, MA
    Current Employee - Two Star Leader in Westfield, MA

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have no inventory, no minimums, and we can create our own schedule. Our wines are high quality wines for a very reasonable cost. Apart from all the technical stuff, our CEO and cheerleaders are with us every single step of the way no matter what level we choose to be. Any problem we might encounter is quickly addressed and solved.

Cons

I believe my biggest complaint if you can even call it that is that the wines never last as long as you want them to. I can honestly say that I have yet to find something negative as far as working for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and being awesome!!

5. "Love this wine gig!"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard (More than a year)

Pros

Love the flexibility, not having to carry inventory and no monthly sales quota! I have loved meeting new friends (I officially have >10 wine groupies) and the money I make each month has helped me to make car payments, pay down debt and pay for Christmas! I love the support from upline, from the home office as well! There are really not enough good things I can say about this company!

Cons

Not a con, but wish we knew what the guest reward would be each month before the first of the month.

6. "Traveling Vineyard is a great way to make money, make friends and enjoy wine!"

Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Trumansburg, NY
    Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Trumansburg, NY

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that with this direct sales company I make my own schedule and there are no quotas so I can step away if/when I need to. I also love that I do not have to invest in maintaining inventory or store any products in my home. Our wine regularly wins awards and the wine list constantly updates and changes, so we never get bored! But probably the very best thing is the support and true friendships that I have now thanks to Traveling Vineyard. It sounds crazy, and hokey, but I can honestly say that Traveling Vineyard has changed my life!

Cons

The biggest downside to Traveling Vineyard is that the wine is shipped via UPS, and it must be signed for. Since I work during the day, it can sometimes be a problem to arrange to be at home to receive the shipment. But my UPS driver is very helpful and often will arrange his schedule to deliver later in the afternoon, after I get home. Or I have the shipment delivered to my place of work, and then it isn't a problem at all.

Advice to Management

Please continue to connect with individual wine guides personally, attend Regional meetings, reward successes and shout-out accomplishments that way you have been! It is very motivating to have a CEO that takes personal interest in us!

7. "Best Wine Experience"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard (More than a year)

Pros

I love that Traveling Vineyard makes an effort to make good wine easily accessable and fun for everybody. Having an educational experience and tasting wines in your own home is an option for everybody, not just those who visit a vineyard. The wines are outstanding and continue to get better with each new release. The company goes above and beyond for their wineguides and customers. The customer service you receive is exceptional.

Cons

There are rare times when there are technology issues that can make ordering difficult. The problems are usually fixed quickly and any issues will be resolved by the company’s support team.

8. "Best Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a full time stay at home Mom, working my Traveling Vineyard Business. I do between 6-10 events most months working full- time.
    I set my own schedule and can work as little or as much as I choose, making the potential income unlimited!
    Not to mention I get paid to share my love for wine!

Cons

What's not to love?

9. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in North Beach, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in North Beach, MD

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a stay at home mom of 2 and soon to be 3. I love making my own schedule and earning an income for our family. The wine perks are a fantastic added bonus!

Cons

Some bugs with the website and app but its a new process and management is always quick to fix and address any issues.

10. "I love TTV"

Current Employee - I Star Leader in Dickinson, ND
    Current Employee - I Star Leader in Dickinson, ND

I have been working at Traveling Vineyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to make my own schedule and go out and meet new people. Being a SAHM my wine tastings help me get out to socialize. And Traveling Vineyard has gotten me out of my shell and changed the way I see things.

Cons

Sometimes getting tastings isn't the easiest thing to do.

Advice to Management

Maybe getting some kinks out of the ordering process with events.