Travelink Reviews

Michael Dixon

"23 years at Travelink"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Travelink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travelink is a "well oiled machine". I've been in the business close to 40 years and I wouldn't go anywhere else to work. I will retire from Travelink (some day...). Everyone at Travelink is professional and always willing to help each other. I'm proud of who I work for!

Cons

I am nothing to complain about.

2. "Great training"

Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Travelink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

Very much like a call center environment

3. "They've lost a lot of good people"

Former Employee - Lead Corporate Travel Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Travelink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, bonuses, virtual lots of accounts

Cons

Poor management, they will not have your back, you're just a number

Continue reading

"Chop Shop Work Environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Corporate Business Travel Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Travelink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Virtual work options, health benefits but expensive

Cons

Understaffed, multiple accounts, terrible leadership, back to back calls and email work with a non realistic work expectation, low moral,

Continue reading
  5. "Travelink American Express the place to be ..."

Current Employee - Business Travel Advisor in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Travelink full-time for less than a year

Pros

The seasoned managers, team leads and wealth of knowledge available here is incredible. I've had the opportunity to work with a varied number of folks who are at the forefront of the latest technology/training for which I am grateful.

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

July 9, 2019Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to review Travelink! We appreciate your feedback and willingness to share your point of view with us and the Glassdoor community.

"Exciting Growth Focused Travel Management Company!"

Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Travelink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Travelink leaders understand the value of personal relationships and supports our team by approving us to travel to visit with key clients face to face. - Support young and mid-level professionals in gaining valuable travel industry exposure through attending major industry events. - Highly awarded, American Express Centurion Travel Agency. A truly, full-service, TMC. Great to be part of a team of experts managing corporate, leisure, group and incentive travel. -Awesome team of people. I've personally seen the culture continue to improve over the past five years

Cons

- Challenging to build as strong of relationships with virtually based team members located across the U.S., which account for over 50% of our staff.

July 9, 2019Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review for Travelink. We will absolutely continue to improve internal communications and always welcome suggestions.

7. "9 years and counting !"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Corporate Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Travelink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team work-independently Paid overtime- Commission opportunities

Cons

Need more help Too much OT Insurance is very expensive if needed !

July 9, 2019Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Travelink! We appreciate feedback from our team as we continually evaluate our staffing and customer needs.

8. "An Evolving Company with Driven Mindset"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Travelink full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is expanding regularly (i.e. hiring, shifting roles, etc.) and constantly reviewing what needs to be changed to take this company to the next level. There is potential for growth within each department and there's a great possibility to change departments to find the right role.

Cons

Onboarding needs to be stronger, but new onboarding structure is currently being re-written and implemented. Workspace could use refreshening (feels outdated). Newer technology would be beneficial for certain departments.

July 9, 2019Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit a detailed review of Travelink. We truly value feedback from the team and will share your concerns with the leadership team.

9. "Call center"

Current Employee - Travel Advisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Travelink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Slightly better pay than what I was getting before Liked working from home

Cons

Call center it is. Was told they are "boutique" agency but it is a call center where frustrated clients come to when they have problems booking travel online or things go wrong. Need to handle/follow up on mistakes other agents made. If you don't have the heart of stone like those airport counter agents do, this is not for you.

January 4, 2019Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We are happy you liked working from home as so many of our team does! We understand the challenges in our business when customer travel plans don't go smoothly and our team is the lifeline to try and make things right for the customer and back each other up. All sizes of travel agencies must find ways to manage these situations and we welcome your input and experience on possible solutions to continue to improve. We invite you to discuss with your manager, submit suggestions to the Director of Customer Experience, or for confidentiality, please feel free to reach out to Human Resources with your ideas.

"Manager"

4.0

I have been working at Travelink

Pros

Great travel company carrying the American Express brand brand. It's fun to work in travel. The team is diverse and fun. Great opportunities to grow. Things move fast, culture is to take risks and try new things while delivering a great product to business travel customers. The leadership team is smart and trustworthy

Cons

Lack of social activity due to mostly virtual environment. Pros outweigh cons.

January 4, 2019Vice President, Marketing

We appreciate your review on Glassdoor! We are always looking for ways we can better engage our virtual team mates. Please feel free to submit suggestions to either HR or Marketing.

Found 17 reviews