Travelocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Travelocity Reviews

Updated December 9, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work/life balance better than any place I've been (in 42 reviews)

• Friendly people, some interesting projects, work from home opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of middle management and senior management was invisible (in 5 reviews)

• One thing I forgot - don't even factor the bonus (if you are offered one) into your decision making (in 4 reviews)

1. "Contributer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Although not the same company anymore, as it is owned now by Expedia, Travelocity was amazing company. Many could work from home, fair management and good, ethical upper management,

Cons

Just like any call center, the stats that agents must meet are not always doable, at least not if you want to be fair to the customer. But that got increasingly better over the years.

Advice to Management

Look into why Travelocity customer service was well ranked. We truly cared.

Apr 14, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for your feedback - we agree that Travelocity's customer care teams in San Antonio and Wilkes-Barre always showed caring, professionalism and dedication to all of our customers.

2. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great leadership that invests in your career, success, and learning. Flexible with great work/life balance. Hardworking and supportive teams.

Cons

The commute is not great - but looking forward to moving closer to North Dallas area in April. Transition to Expedia has been a learning experience, but is all for the better!

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for the great insights! Glad that you see the Expedia transition as a "learning experience" - great way to look at the change.

3. "Travelocity is a great place to work...great people...learning organization...challenging work."

Current Employee - Senior Social Media Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Social Media Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

At Travelocity, you get to work with people who are passionate about our customers and travel. We all believe that travel makes your life better.

Cons

We are managing with a lot of change as we work through our transition to the Expedia family. It has been described as murky times which is accurate.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with us as we work through another transitional phase. Communication goes a long way and I never heard of too much communication as a negative.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for the feedback! We are continuing to plan regular update meetings to update everyone on how the integration is progressing, and as always, no questions are off limits - either in our ... More

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Travelocity full-time

Pros

Travelocity has a tight knit team that works extremely well together. We are focused on the customer and work in a great industry. The company offers outstanding benefits

Cons

For me, personally, the commute is not great. A few employees don't seem to work as hard as most of us

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Glad to see that you are such an enthusiastic member of the Travelocity team. It really is a great industry in which to be. Hopefully the team experience can make up a bit for the long-ish commute.

6. "Love Travel + o + city"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

People who work at Travelocity! Customers! World of opportunities! Encouraged to try new things even if that means making mistakes which is hard for me but I am trying.

Cons

Working through transition to Expedia

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

I love the enthusiasm! It is that attitude that will make the transition to Expedia as successful and seamless as possible!

7. "Great brand, great people - in a rebuilding mode"

Current Employee - Director in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A really good group of people, fun working environment and a lot of opportunity to "take the bull by the horns" and take on projects that you want to do. Becoming part of Expedia adds a needed layer of security.

Cons

As a recent acquisition target, Travelocity is in a rebuilding mode - so processes and procedures are still being constructed - leading to a little bit of a murkiness.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the rebuilding mode to bring in the best possible people, and to move existing employees into the best possible fits for their talents.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for the thoughtful review. As we work through our integration with Expedia - hopefully some of that murkiness evaporates. And as for bringing in those great people - be sure to recommend folks ... More

8. "Good experience."

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Travelocity, it was like an extended family. Decent pay, good benefits. Work was interesting and challenging.

Cons

Top level leadership was switched out several times, which made it a little challenging to know what the vision was for the employees. More on the job training would have been nice.

Advice to Management

I have not worked there for several years so don't really know what advise I could give to the management at this time.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you very much for the feedback. We think it is still like an extended family here - and while there were certainly a lot of changes during the time that you were here, we have had a lot more ... More

9. "A wonderful experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Casual work environment with amazing leadership! Great benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Most challenging aspect of the job was irate customers who couldn't understand airline policies and associated fees.

Advice to Management

Better negotiations with potential buyers that could have possibly resulted in no layoffs.

Mar 17, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We like to think that with the recent change in ownership that we have kept a lot of the best leadership, benefits and advancement opportunities in place while creating ... More

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved my tenure here, the people I worked with, and the operational goals we achieved not only for our company but our partner companies as well. I became aware of changes within the organization last year and knew about pending layoffs, but vowed to stay the course knowing that the company would be closing its call center here in PA. I made a promise to our call center manager that would be here until we took our last call for this great company. I'm so thankful for everything that I learned during my tenure here and all the experiences that I had over the last 7 and a half years. I will always cherish the great memories I had during those years and feel that my exposure to this organization has made me a better person. I will miss many of people I have had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

A business decision was made to close the call centers in PA and TX. Such a decison was not easily made, but sometimes doing the unpopular thing is what is best. In this case I feel history will prove the right decision was made.
    If our paths never cross again, I want you to know it was indeed an honor to be a part of history and also to serve you!

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for the honest review. The changes that were made during Travelocity's transition were certainly not easy for anyone, but your attitude towards understanding the reasons for those changes ... More

11. "Once Great Company Sold Out Its Employees"

Former Employee - Senior International Travel Consultant in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior International Travel Consultant in Southlake, TX

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Probably the most talented and passionate co-workers I have ever had or probably will ever have were at Travelocity. The Southlake campus was a great, casual work environment that seemed to foster creativity and teamwork. Opinions stated here are in reference to Travelocity Business which WAS the corporate travel division of Travelocity.

Cons

Abysmal and ineffective proprietary airline reservation system. Very little training related to actual position. Trainers needed training themselves. Management didn't actively encourage promotion. NO company travel benefits from Travelocity as Travelocity wanted to be mavericks and not beholden to any airline. Ha! How'd that work out for you?

Advice to Management

All too little, too late. Management refused to listen to employee suggestions for efficiency. That's okay the guilty upper management left after selling out the employees.