Travelport Reviews | Glassdoor

Travelport Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Most departments will offer flexible working hours to help employee retain healthy work-life balance (in 45 reviews)

• My work from home ability will keep me here for a while (not open to everyone) (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much Senior management, slowing done things (in 17 reviews)

• We talk about it in whispers--no one really gives two cents about the upper management (in 13 reviews)

1. "Atlanta technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Travelport full-time

Pros

People are super friendly, professional, and helpful. Making major investments toward improvements.

Cons

Lots of change. Egos can get in the way.

Advice to Management

Recognize stellar individuals

"Great people with an interest in growing careers"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at Travelport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues, good place to grow careers, good industry with complex challenges, good leadership, actively driving the change needed to grow

Cons

International nature of the business and teams mean occasional early or late meetings and work

3. "Innovative company that focuses on employee growth"

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Commercial Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Travelport full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for Travelport for 8 years and in that time I've had the opportunity to advance my position several times, take on new challenges and significantly develop key leadership skills. This is truly a company that focuses on the growth of it's employees by offering lots of opportunities for training, leadership and industry exposure. In addition, Travelport's product offering is strong and is leading the way in travel commerce. I also find that the people that I work with are genuinely passionate about what they do and really enjoy being part of such a transformative company.

Cons

Work is fast paced and travel commerce technology is constantly changing, and that can sometimes lead to some pretty long hours.

"Leaders who top out at successful companies get hired here"

Pros

Location, flexible schedule, covered parking, pieces of benefits plan, global interaction, never bored, finally improving technology we work with, starting programs to give back to the community

Cons

Pay, cliques, workload, expect 24/7 availability, bullying is rampant. Lots of drama and finger-pointing when things go wrong. Burnout is common

Advice to Management

You've hired a number of people to lead who stalled out at successful companies and threw them all in a blender. The results are a big mess. Maybe start bringing in people who are skilled business leaders that employees will trust and want to follow.

Travelport Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review although naturally we are disappointed it is not positive. Of particular concern is your comment “bullying is rampant”, bullying of any kind is completely unacceptable and... More

"Great People"

I worked at Travelport full-time

Pros

The people here are very knowledgeable and always willing to help when you need it.

Cons

The company recently went public and has taken on a lot of new senior management. Sweeping changes are being made in reaction to lower than projected performance with an eye only to short term fixes.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager - Supplier Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager - Supplier Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Travelport (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Travelport for 21 of the past 24 years and I truly enjoy working here. The people are what make it special and the company is always striving to be the best it can be.

Cons

Being a global organization, communication across time zones can slow down production.

"A Sinking Ship of a Company. Not Impressed at All."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Travelport full-time

Pros

Salary is very good. Benefits are very good, including immediately vested 6% 401K match. Interesting industry.

Cons

I have to concur with the tons of other reviews: this place is a complete mess. It stinks being a PM here, as there is so much historical and political baggage to deal with.

Absolutely no prioritization of projects or resources, and every new project is touted as the drop everything new priority. This creates endless firedrills and endless battles between groups. Business units and IT groups are completely siloed, and there is no centralized strategy, no centralized priorities, and no centralized vision from the product teams. Lots of smart people with great ideas for the future. But, what gets funded is based on the fear of losing whichever customer they're currently most worried about. Everything here seems to be a reactive effort, with little investment or vision towards a cohesive, modern solution.

Revolving door senior management has injected new blood, but they quickly fall into the same rut or leave. As others have mentioned, in an effort to reduce costs, Travelport is outsourcing its QA and most of its development to India. Yet, at the same time, they aren't reducing the bureaucratic layers upon layers of Senior VP's, VPs, Senior Directors, Directors, Program Directors, Managers, Program Managers, etc.

The worst part is that the company is trying to halfheartedly execute a huge number of risky 'transformation' projects while keeping a damaged plane flying, all while outsourcing its bread and butter development. None of this is prioritized, jointly coordinated, staffed, or communicated at the levels needed to be successful.

As to culture, I really don't see one other than fear and constant reactive firedrills.

Advice to Management

Reduce the crazy number of VP's and directors. TALK to other silos. Prioritize something - anything! Kill the hundreds of projects that aren't a central priority. Stop trying to do a ton of half-baked things and do a few things well.

Travelport Response

Jul 24, 2017 – GVP HR Technology

Travelport values the views of all colleagues so we are grateful to you for taking the time to provide your review which we have read closely and understand.

Over the past fifteen months I have... More

8. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Portfolio Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Portfolio Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Travelport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewards hard work, friendly culture , great flexibility, wonderful leadership support and commitment

Cons

Legacy technology sometimes hinders productivity

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It is nice to work at a company with a clear and compelling strategic vision.

9. "Strong company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Travelport full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, Focus on Innovation, Transformation to Agile Development Methodology. Strong leadership.

Cons

Big company - can be slow to move through change. Lots of change in motion this year.

Advice to Management

Focus on people.

10. "Growing company"

Former Employee - Product Development
    Former Employee - Product Development

I worked at Travelport full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company, developing new technology

Cons

Not supportive of more experienced employees, always looking for faster, cheaper way of doing thing at the expense of quality work

Advice to Management

Appreciate experienced employees and the talents they share. Cheaper development isn't always better.