Travis Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Barry Nelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I worked at Travis Credit Union full-time"

I worked at Travis Credit Union full-time

Pros

Everyone in HQ was super friendly and helpful when you needed information or assistance.

Cons

Sometimes projects can take awhile to get going. Communication is a bit poor between management and employees and cross departmentally.

2. "FSR"

I have been working at Travis Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Management is amazing

Cons

No cons for me. Room for growth

3. "Teller"

I have been working at Travis Credit Union part-time

Pros

Work Life Balance, Nice People

Cons

Lots of Politics in upper management

Advice to Management

Communicate better

4. "Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Travis Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Sometimes projects can take awhile to get going.

"Network Analyst"

I worked at Travis Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job was close to home. Immediate department was very good.

Cons

Not much ways to grow professionally and they use way outdated and troublesome software. Working with other departments is troublesome and difficult. Not very much teamwork.

"It's like a one-room school house up on a hill."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Travis Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical benefits are good, and it's an old company that is somewhat stable and growing.

Cons

If you are not a manager of some sort, you will be hourly (i.e. non-exempt), and if you are hourly, you will be required to punch in on a web-based timecard when you come in, when you leave and when you leave and return from your lunch. When you start, you will be given a time to start work and a time to leave and you will have a six minute window (i.e. +-3 min.) to clock in. If you are late, you will be marked late. You also can’t start early w/o prior authorization. If your lunch runs long, or the line at the local coffee house is longer than you expected or the traffic is worse than usual, you will be considered late. You can’t just make the time up at the end of the day. Once, I told my boss that I would be in at noon after a dentist’s appointment which ran long. I clocked in at 12:15, and was marked late. All of these tardies, (yes, that’s what they call them), will be accrued and used against you during reviews to keep you from raises and advancement. You could even be written up for too many tardies and/or using too much sick time.
    Now if you’re coming on for a managerial position, you won’t have to clock in or out, but if you have any direct reports who are non-exempt, then you will be processing their timecards on a clunky web-based timesheet application.
    There is no real casual Friday. They will tell you there is, but if you’re going to wear jeans, then you have to wear an article of clothing from a third party catalog who embroiders company logos on shirts and jackets. The items are very nice, and you will be given vouchers to purchase these.
    They will tell you Columbus day is a paid holiday, however you will often have to come to work albeit to an offsite company-wide communications meeting. The meeting isn’t that bad and is quite fun with interesting speakers and good catering, but I don’t know why they tell you during the interview that it’s a paid holiday, but tell you that you’re coming to work that day during the new hire orientation.
    I don’t share any of this to discourage anyone from considering a position at TCU. I share this because they will not share this. They will tell you almost none of this especially the part about the web-based timecard during your interview, so I urge you to ask them to be clear and up front. Have them clarify everything that you have read here. Some things may have changed since I left, but you can only be sure by asking.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting from within simply because employees have been there a long time. Always bring in outside candidates to compete with internal promotion candidates to get the best person for the job. Be more honest during the interview. Keep cleaning house.

7. "branch rep"

I have been working at Travis Credit Union full-time

Pros

Nice People and nice management

Cons

Entitled People and sarcastic people

8. "Great Intern Job"

Current Employee - Intern in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Vacaville, CA

Pros

Nice people with friendly work environment.

Cons

Limited opportunities for future advancement.

Advice to Management

None

"Branch Service Rep"

Pros

Great company to work for with full benefits. Community involved company that cares for their surroundings and employees.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about company.

"N/A"

Pros

The people and commute. Good for locals. CEO is cool though.

Cons

It's not a foot-in-the-door company. They say that they promote within but its not based on your experience and knowledge that you want to share with the company itself. You are promoted on lack of knowledge, or brown-nosing, and if you have a college degree, definitely do not apply here. Turn around and go somewhere that is in favor of your education, knowledge, and experience.