Trax USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Jose Almeida

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fun and Challenging Company"

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Trax is two things fun and challenging. Fun because the culture, people, and quarterly activity mesh uniquely well. Challenging because from day one you have the opportunity to jump right in and work on complex problems, which will accelerate your learning. This is in large part thanks to executives and managers who trust their engineers to make mistakes and fix them along the way.

Cons

Cons? The only thing I can think of is - I would of preferred hours of 9-6pm or 10-7pm.

Advice to Management

No advice necessary.

"I have been working at Trax USA for over 5 years, full of challenges and learning."

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive work environment, co-workers are friendly, there are opportunities for employees to learn and grow, upper management has grown from within the company, many employees get to travel to many different places throughout the world.
    Currently the company is in the process of growth and diversification of its products, for this are using the most modern programming techniques making unlimited the possibilities of development and technical growth.
    Company recognize talented team members and their contributions.
    The owners and managers treat their employees with respect.
    Employee benefits offered are good.
    Very friendly and casual work environment.
    This is a company with great economic stability.

Cons

I think the company should do more marketing and let the workers know what is being done about it in general.

Advice to Management

That you never miss the open door policy promoted by the company, this is one of its main virtues.

3. "Great Company to Start and Grow old with"

Current Employee - Lead Programmer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Programmer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the past 10 years, I witnessed the company becoming better, stronger, and more diversity in products and services, and I witnessed lots of Trax staff becoming more brilliant and professional as well. There are always learning opportunities, I have been learning and gaining knowledge on daily basis.

The company cares about employees. It provides excellent benefits like health insurance, employee consultation, 401k etc, it also sponsors physical workout package with a closed by GYM and weekly pilates classes.

The colleagues are very friendly and pleasant to work with. I love the company

Cons

Sometimes people are talking aloud and it is kind of distracting

Advice to Management

It would be good for people to be able to work from home once a week, but I guess it is hard to measure the efficiency.
    Managers are very knowledgeable and eager to help, and always give us good advise. Owners are very intelligent, diligent, generous and very fun with work with.

4. "Family Style Company, fun, and fast-moving"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Coconut Grove, FL
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Coconut Grove, FL

I have been working at Trax USA (More than a year)

Pros

Small business with a lot of programmers, You make it what you want. If you excel and work your butt off, you'll be compensated and promoted. If you let yourself be a code monkey, and just sit coding with your head down all day, you'll be fine but won't advance.

Open door policy at all levels, from all VPs to the CEO. Everyone is the friendly and great team to work for.

The pay is adequate for Miami Tech jobs. Lots of exciting projects and always at to of technology.

Health conscious company. ALL health benefits are paid after three years employment. The company provides and Gym membership. Is high stress relieve from being at a desk all day.

Cons

No work from Home, help employees with different work life 8-5pm is not always possible for people.

Advice to Management

Keep going strong

"Very Stable Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very strong company with more than 20 years of expertise in aviation maintenance and engineering.
    I noticed that most employees have a background in the area, several from the Military, some have been here for 10 years or more.
    Also noticed that Trax supports diversity - there are no discriminations based on gender, color, age or national origin.
    Since they have large customers, employees do have a lot of work and deadlines - but nothing that is going to affect your personal life, I haven’t been asked to work after hours.
    Benefits are really good: health, dental, 401k, parties, extra free time on holidays.

Cons

Some gossip sometimes - which I don’t like, but I don’t waste my time on it.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say.
    Manager is firm, but fair. Owners are really nice. I honestly like the company.

"The biggest little software company in Miami"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coconut Grove, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coconut Grove, FL

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their software is very unique with only one other viable competitor in the world. They are quick to develop technology solutions well ahead of any competitor in the industry.
    They promote from within and value long-term team members.
    Very friendly and casual work environment. Every day is a casual Friday.
    They recognize talented team members and their contributions.
    Lavish company events and year upon year consistent raises for all team members even in years where sales were sluggish. Never has had any layoffs. Extremely stable company. Heavily investing in Java & mobility apps.

Cons

Like most companies, there are social clicks/groups.
    All software have bugs but they tackle bugs immediately just like Microsoft, Oracle and others fortune 500 tech companies.
    Managers are difficult to earn trust but once earned, they share their decades of expertise, its not favoritism, you have to prove yourself to them.

Advice to Management

Organization restructuring needed towards true Agile Development teams company-wide in order to align the organization to the modern style of development. Using a modern platform is not enough. Provide a more open platform for suggestions to adopt best practices and other ideas from team members.

Trax USA Response

Feb 8, 2017 – HR & OFFICE MANAGER

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves in our stability and greatly appreciate the hard work our employees put forth. It's because of employees like yourself that we are able to grow and... More

"Overall Good Company"

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment with competitive pay. Fun and friendly coworkers as well. Being an airline software there are good opportunities to travel the world while working. Workload is pretty balanced and deadlines are overall reasonable. If more work is wanted there are sometimes side projects available that may include bonuses when completed. Good benefits when starting and free Health Insurance after 3 years. Additionally they have anniversary milestone rewards at 5 and 10 years. There is also gym located in the building and the company pays for a portion of the membership if you decide to join.

Cons

Because the company is relatively small, upper level positions are pretty locked up. Even though we are steadily growing, not much opens up unless a new department is created or someone quits which is rare cause it’s a good company.

8. "Trax USA - A Leader in MRO Software"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Software: Trax USA offers the leading MRO software for airlines available in the market today. The software is constantly evolving, and upcoming improvements will further distance Trax from its competitors. The company has a client base of numerous airlines, both national and international, including some of the biggest airlines in the world today.

Travel: The opportunity for travel is one of the great benefits of working at Trax. I've been able to tavel to cities/countries that I never thought I'd be able to. Those who put in the work and effort to learn the software and grow in the company can be assigned to long term projects abroad, with virtually all expenses paid for. The experience you gain in these work trips is invaluable.

Competitive pay: After a company restructure that occurred a few years back, the pay at Trax is much more competitive now when compared to other local IT companies. Yearly raises and end of year bonuses are usually given.

Job security: The airline industry is usually very stable, and there is always demand for the software that Trax offers. In my 9 years with the company, there has never been any massive layoffs. Most employees that leave the company is usually because of their own choosing.

Work environment: The work environment at Trax is friendly and relaxed. Things can get hectic when projects and deliverables are due, but for the most part it is a calm work environment, and most co-workers are nice to get along with.

Others: The Trax office is located in the middle of Coconut Grove. It is a very nice area with plenty of great restaurants to go to for lunch or after work. There is a gym in the building where the Trax office is located, which is very convenient, and the company offers a program where they pay for half of the membership.

Cons

The Trax office is located in the middle of coconut grove. The area is usually congested with traffic coming to and from work, so depending on where you live, the commute to and from work could be longer than expected.

When you work at Trax you are expected to be available to travel. By all means not every employee travels, but if you are chosen for a project, it is expected that you will go. This is very rarely a problem, and from personal experience, if you are unable to travel for a valid reason, the company is usually considerate and will work around it.

Advice to Management

To help deal with the growing traffic in Miami and the longer commutes some employees may experience, it would be nice if a program is implemented to allow employees to work from home a few days out of the month.

"Productive"

I have been working at Trax USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It seems to me a big company at the level of clients, and small at the level of number of workers, nevertheless they have to their customers content, and the works are done in date.
    This makes me think that despite having few workers, they work well and on the right track.

Cons

I think they should hire more people to distribute more jobs

"Close to Monty's Happy Hour"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Miami, FL

I worked at Trax USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Location. Decent building with gym.
    * Steep Learning Curve. Pool of Knowledge is as deep as you want to to go; not many venture there.
    * Company makes good money by solving specific problems and billing it as "aviation" software. Aviation software is expensive due to massive cert efforts, which Trax does not do
    * Extended travel for some; short trips for others
    * CEO is the one of the hardest working engineers there
    * Crash course in office politics

Cons

* Not many "engineers". Room full of developers that just do as they're told and don't do a very good job in the process
    * Old software stack
    * Ridiculous noncompete that basically forces you to switch industries once you leave
    * Micromanagement across most departments
    * Large turnover rate. Most of the workload is handled by a few people in each department; by the time new employees are trained up to the point that they can handle more work, they leave.
    * Low salaries even by Miami tech standards
    * Software developers (most employees for that matter) are forced to clock in and out; time cards are reviewed to make sure nobody left before 5. Net result: a queue forms at the time card machine daily, starting about 5 minutes before closing time
    * Software ships with massive bugs; up to the customer to convince Support that they found a bug, then up to Support to convince the developers that it's a bug, then the customer must wait until the patch is incorporated into the next release.
    * From the looks of it, their marketing team is writing reviews on glassdoor now

Advice to Management

Pay more. Fix the contagious low work ethic. Foster a welcoming environment for new grads.

Trax USA Response

Feb 2, 2017 – EVP/COO

The terms of employment are clearly indicated on the offer letter that there is a non-compete, confidentiality and affirmation that new hires are free & clear of any employment restrictions that... More