Trayport Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Kevin Heffron

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"It was a good experience"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Trayport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart and interesting people back when Eddie was still the owner. Beer after work almost every day - good team spirit and a great culture. Annual company trip to some place in Europe was nice. Office environment was top-notch, with open desk for even management. Pantry always had lots of food for the staff to freely consume. A few of my old colleagues become team leads, so there must still be some good people around!

Cons

Pay was not too good; as technical consultant work sometimes gets boring and repetitive; client director back then was snobbish and a little arrogant.

Advice to Management

I heard the company is not as good as before now. in my memory, Elliot was not a bad director - wonder what happened after Trayport got purchased by GFI.

"Bubble of happiness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Trayport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Trayport offers good and friendly working environment. The atmosphere is very relaxed in the office to a point that makes you think people who have worked there for a long time will not do well in a more competitive and stressful place if they were to move. Senior management is inspiring, smart and supportive.

Cons

Middle management does not shine and in some cases is in the way of talented employees. In general, business is not run very efficiently, especially on the technology side (although it has improved) and product development is slow.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to ditch the incompetent and the ineffective in the name of Trayport's friendly culture. Business is tough and could be tougher.

"Stable, but dull"

I worked at Trayport full-time

Pros

Trayport is a successful and stable company, so you get job security. If you are a software developer, you get to work with mostly modern tools and frameworks. If you are in client management or support, you get exposure to a range of large companies such as investment banks and energy utilities, and the opportunity to travel throughout Europe.

The office is in a good location, and is pleasant and well-appointed. There are plenty of enjoyable social events.

Cons

Trayport is a mature business which dominates its niche and faces little competition. As a result, there is a culture of stagnation and complacency. There are few ill consequences to missed project deadlines or unhappy customers. There is not much innovation and the pace is slow.

I agree with the other poster who noted that a few of the managers are rude and unprofessional.

4. "Sales"

Pros

They do a company wide weekend away each year which is sometimes okay

Cons

Bullying tactics used by managers
    Absolutely no transparency to comp plans
    Old technology with no incentive to improve leads to disgruntled customers

Advice to Management

Invest in the tech

5. "Great place to Work"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Trayport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing social events.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Great bonus schemes.
    Perfect induction scheme to help understand and fit in straight away.

Cons

In all honesty, in the time that I have been at Trayport, I cant really think of anything that would be a "con" of working here.

6. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

Pros

I've worked at Trayport twice now. I would recommend it as a place of work. I had the good fortune to work with some very smart people in a fun environment. Trayport has a great culture and offered me the chance to work with some exciting technology. If you get the chance to work here then take it. It rocks.

Cons

If you don't like change and you dislike desk moves then this may not be the place for you. The company is always changing and with that you'll find yourself moving desks and teams not infrequently. But if you enjoy change then you can expect to enjoy Trayport.

Advice to Management

The spirit and community within Trayport is one of the things that makes it special. There are many small things in place that foster this. Hackathons, company drinks, lunches, bacon and brownies on planning days. These all add up and cumulatively make an environment that is enjoyable to be in. I'd advise keeping these going. The positive side effects may not always be obvious but they are, in my view, worth it. Also, the diversity within teams is something I enjoyed. Trayport is made up of men and women of all ages and nationalities. That enriches the culture. Finally I'd say that having a tight relationship between all company departments reaps dividends. People spend time together, know each other and feel they can approach and talk. Hold onto that - never allow boundaries to grow up.

7. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at Trayport full-time

Pros

Unique company, talented work force and interesting industry.

Cons

Take time to fully understand the company and how it operates.

"Good not great"

I have been working at Trayport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, nice people, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Lack of strategic goals and as a result people work at odds with each other often and in silos

Advice to Management

Create a real leadership team, set direction and objectives around this

"Good but not great"

I have been working at Trayport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, nice people, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Lack of any leadership means company does fine but could do so much more. There is a lot of lazyness and complacency and the leadership team is very top heavy. No need for a number of them but they are kept regardless. This has a knock on effect for progression for the rest of the company. Real lack of strategic goals and as a result people work at odds with eachother often and in silos.

Advice to Management

Create a real leadership team, set direction and objectives around this.

"Bad Management"

I worked at Trayport full-time

Pros

- Lots of perks like free breakfasts, social events and a good benefits package.
    - Some fantastic people working for the company who care about what they do.

Cons

- Majority of the people in charge lack management skills. People gain higher positions due to the length of time they've been with the company rather than their skill set.
    - Some managers extremely rude and unprofessional to other members of staff.
    - Some of their best employees are majorly overlooked and the turnover of staff is high because of this.
    - Lack of forward thinking.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your staff. Focus on product quality and customer experience.