Tredence Reviews | Glassdoor

Tredence CEO Shub Bhowmick
Shub Bhowmick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Company's efforts to improve work life balance are not that efficient" (in 15 reviews)

• "No work life balance in company" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Learning Curve"

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great learning curve. You work on multiple technologies while working on different projects. Great place to learn and start your career.
    2. Definitely pays well based on the talent. Highly competitive work place and very diverse in nature. Some of "The Best" people work her.
    3. Amazing mentorship/guidance from the senior management.
    4. Company has a vision, works on it and grows manifold YOY.
    5. Opportunities to go on-site.

Cons

1. Poor work-life balance. Usually have to work 60+ hours a week. But it gets better as you climb the ladders.
    2. As the company is in it's initial phase, there are a couple of things to structure while you are moving to a mature organisation.

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing and doing a great job! Bringing it to such a large scale is brilliant. I hope you guys will take it to next level.

2. "Fast growing startup in Analytics services space"

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Tredence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the people and the culture. I feel at home and am comfortable around my colleagues and managers including the CXOs. I love how everyone expresses their ideas and concerns freely and how things are dealt with in a rational manner. Everyone has a say. No inhibitions!

Second, excellent exposure to business analytics, cutting edge technologies and client executives which comes bundled with the role of a consultant. (imho, now is the time to get into data science & being a consultant means much needed exposure to many successful companies)

Third, nice perks to make your life easy. Despite being a startup, you get a good annual salary, full benefits like 401k, insurance, travel reimbursements, conferences, offsite training and bonuses etc.

Last but not the least, the immigration help and the legal team. My mangers, HR and lawyers worked with me meticulously on my complicated visa case and delivered!

Cons

All the cons that come with working as a consultant for a start up. The role is very distinct and is not for everyone.
    You need to balance technical skills with people skills, take initiative and be proactive all the time, be a jack of all trades, work with offshore teams, be very adaptable and it can get overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Try to continue being in the sweet spot where you have the culture of a startup and robust financial health. You need to monitor the career growth of all employees, check with them if they are happy with the way things are going and ensure proper recognition for their hard work. People are your biggest strength. Keep them satisfied and success will follow.

3. "Associate"

I have been working at Tredence full-time

Pros

Lot of projects to work on.

Cons

Lot of work so very less time for personal life.

"There are lot better startups out there so be careful what you signup for"

I worked at Tredence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One more place for work, if you don't have any choice

Cons

1. I have worked with tredence, it’s nothing more than consulting company and tableau dashboard creation is not called analytics.
    2. Don't list as your client if you got just some PoC work from them or in conversation with them to attract talent.
    3. The founders do not have a great strategy, data and analytics have lot to offer and companies expect much more than building tableau dashboards, that could be the end result. What is the point of producing fancy dashboard, if it can't lead to actionable insight or when you are facing tons of data quality challenges or gaps in your integration strategy.
    The retention rate is very poor and try to attract college grads so they can make them work longer hours.

Their interview process is illogical & unprofessional.

Beware what you signup for especially early days of your career is very important, not all startup will give you same exposure as facebook or Amazon.

Don't rush to start your career and realize it was a wrong move.

Advice to Management

Everyone wants to become big but it takes right strategy, right treatment of your employees and understanding their skills to leverage in the best direction.

"Associate"

I worked at Tredence full-time

Pros

1) Career growth if you are in India; you have the title Manager within 2-3 years if you start as a fresher.
    2) CEO has been hard working to get prospective clients and newer opportunities.
    3) Perks, Fun you have if you work in india. If you are a consultant, 1-2 days of fun in entire year.
    4) If you're working in India, no strict timings to arrive at office for people

Cons

1) Mu sigma culture; Management keeps saying they are different from the competitor but they follow the same culture. This includes micro-management, too aggressive and not being constructive in resolving conflicts. India team thinks escalation is the only solution that works to resolve problems with client, associates.
    2) Overpromise clients with resources, expertise and timings. Later blame the consultants for not handling it well.
    3) India team starts their day in afternoon and end it overnight blaming the associates for higher work overload.
    4) Nepotistic to ex-Mu Sigma employees
    5) HRs sit in India and have no idea on US policies, consultants working in US and their locations.

"Startup company with the right focus towards clients and employees"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivated co-workers, right attitude towards employees from the senior leadership and everyone has a genuine concern to make clients successful.
    For me personally it is being able to put multiple hats of responsibilities, having the true sense of building a company and at an overall level, the company ensures I am growing as I make the company grow.

Cons

None as of now.
    For people planning to join Tredence, this is a start up company and hence there will always be change and improvements to fix minor flaws in the system

Advice to Management

As the company grows do not let go off the core principles of ensuring both customer and employee satisfaction. It is a tough balance but we should not sacrifice one for the other.

7. "overall good"

I have been working at Tredence full-time

Pros

good learning opportunity

Cons

unbalance worklife

8. "Kick start your analytics career"

I have been working at Tredence full-time

Pros

1. Small crowd
    2. Alive workplace
    3. Good training

Cons

1. None discovered as of now

9. "BUSINESS ANALYST"

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food, cab facilities for late workers, helpful senior management.

Cons

Lower initial salary, long working hours

10. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Focussed training to bring your analytical knowledge at par with other Analysts in the company
    2. The company is rapidly growing and expanding, so you have a massive opportunity to grow with the company
    3. Free culture, you can walk up to the most senior executives and have a discussion with them (it doesn’t have to be strictly work!)
    4. Last but not the least, good pay!

Cons

You may have to stretch yourself at times till late night, but that’s manageable.