Tredence Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Learning Curve"

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great learning curve. You work on multiple technologies while working on different projects. Great place to learn and start your career.
    2. Definitely pays well based on the talent. Highly competitive work place and very diverse in nature. Some of "The Best" people work her.
    3. Amazing mentorship/guidance from the senior management.
    4. Company has a vision, works on it and grows manifold YOY.
    5. Opportunities to go on-site.

Cons

1. Poor work-life balance. Usually have to work 60+ hours a week. But it gets better as you climb the ladders.
    2. As the company is in it's initial phase, there are a couple of things to structure while you are moving to a mature organisation.

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing and doing a great job! Bringing it to such a large scale is brilliant. I hope you guys will take it to next level.

2. "Chicago Office"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office & Intelligent co-workers

Cons

The hours can be long sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the new associates

3. "Responding to the two most recent reviews"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Tredence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a former employee at Tredence's Bangalore office and I can say with confidence that the recent reviews of the company are not false but they are also not completely true.

1. Tredence is most definitely a great place to learn in a short time period about analytics and how companies are leveraging the power of data.
    2. People working in the company are very nice and friendly and the onsites (the ones that I have worked with) are largely helpful
    3. Company's upper management do take inputs from employees where they can
    4. There obviously is partiality amongst the leadership team for certain people like the very initial employees or people from IITs but I think it is a common practice in India
    5. While being able to talk to clients within 1 year of graduating from college is not anything to be proud of, getting a chance to present your results and findings to Directors or Senior Director level clients at large US companies is not something that you get in Indian IT companies since there is always the ever present problem of seniority etc. Tredence is largely a merit based company

Cons

1. I see a lot of difference in the kind of work and exposure between working for a company like Tredence and my current employer. Back in Tredence I had received compliments and even awards based on client appreciation for creating fancy Tableau reports which were useful for executives but were very easy to create or were projects with no great takeaways or learnings but in my current company I have visibility on decision making upto a reasonable level in the org. So there is a real sense of ownership and pride in the fact that I am helping my company which was missing in Tredence.

2. In my current company I collaborate with the data science team which builds ML models and algorithms and I can honestly say that what is being passed as AI or ML work in Tredence is not even close to the real deal. They attained these capabilities by investing in the right infrastructure and people. There is probably 1 or 2 people in Tredence who are strong technically, all the company cares about is the ability to talk your way through or plainly put talk crap with some fancy jargons here and there

3. They are not a sweatshop but they are also not a place where you can make career.

Advice to Management

I agree that the company should be more transparent about policies and their actions and not lie to cover themselves. One thing I learnt during my stay is if something goes wrong, no one- managers, principals, HR and the company takes responsibilities but they all fight for the compliments and appreciation.

4. "Associate"

I have been working at Tredence full-time

Pros

Lot of projects to work on.

Cons

Lot of work so very less time for personal life.

5. "Fast growing startup in Analytics services space"

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Tredence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the people and the culture. I feel at home and am comfortable around my colleagues and managers including the CXOs. I love how everyone expresses their ideas and concerns freely and how things are dealt with in a rational manner. Everyone has a say. No inhibitions!

Second, excellent exposure to business analytics, cutting edge technologies and client executives which comes bundled with the role of a consultant. (imho, now is the time to get into data science & being a consultant means much needed exposure to many successful companies)

Third, nice perks to make your life easy. Despite being a startup, you get a good annual salary, full benefits like 401k, insurance, travel reimbursements, conferences, offsite training and bonuses etc.

Last but not the least, the immigration help and the legal team. My mangers, HR and lawyers worked with me meticulously on my complicated visa case and delivered!

Cons

All the cons that come with working as a consultant for a start up. The role is very distinct and is not for everyone.
    You need to balance technical skills with people skills, take initiative and be proactive all the time, be a jack of all trades, work with offshore teams, be very adaptable and it can get overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Try to continue being in the sweet spot where you have the culture of a startup and robust financial health. You need to monitor the career growth of all employees, check with them if they are happy with the way things are going and ensure proper recognition for their hard work. People are your biggest strength. Keep them satisfied and success will follow.

"There are lot better startups out there so be careful what you signup for"

I worked at Tredence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One more place for work, if you don't have any choice

Cons

1. I have worked with tredence, it’s nothing more than consulting company and tableau dashboard creation is not called analytics.
    2. Don't list as your client if you got just some PoC work from them or in conversation with them to attract talent.
    3. The founders do not have a great strategy, data and analytics have lot to offer and companies expect much more than building tableau dashboards, that could be the end result. What is the point of producing fancy dashboard, if it can't lead to actionable insight or when you are facing tons of data quality challenges or gaps in your integration strategy.
    The retention rate is very poor and try to attract college grads so they can make them work longer hours.

Their interview process is illogical & unprofessional.

Beware what you signup for especially early days of your career is very important, not all startup will give you same exposure as facebook or Amazon.

Don't rush to start your career and realize it was a wrong move.

Advice to Management

Everyone wants to become big but it takes right strategy, right treatment of your employees and understanding their skills to leverage in the best direction.

"Associate"

I worked at Tredence full-time

Pros

1) Career growth if you are in India; you have the title Manager within 2-3 years if you start as a fresher.
    2) CEO has been hard working to get prospective clients and newer opportunities.
    3) Perks, Fun you have if you work in india. If you are a consultant, 1-2 days of fun in entire year.
    4) If you're working in India, no strict timings to arrive at office for people

Cons

1) Mu sigma culture; Management keeps saying they are different from the competitor but they follow the same culture. This includes micro-management, too aggressive and not being constructive in resolving conflicts. India team thinks escalation is the only solution that works to resolve problems with client, associates.
    2) Overpromise clients with resources, expertise and timings. Later blame the consultants for not handling it well.
    3) India team starts their day in afternoon and end it overnight blaming the associates for higher work overload.
    4) Nepotistic to ex-Mu Sigma employees
    5) HRs sit in India and have no idea on US policies, consultants working in US and their locations.

"Startup company with the right focus towards clients and employees"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivated co-workers, right attitude towards employees from the senior leadership and everyone has a genuine concern to make clients successful.
    For me personally it is being able to put multiple hats of responsibilities, having the true sense of building a company and at an overall level, the company ensures I am growing as I make the company grow.

Cons

None as of now.
    For people planning to join Tredence, this is a start up company and hence there will always be change and improvements to fix minor flaws in the system

Advice to Management

As the company grows do not let go off the core principles of ensuring both customer and employee satisfaction. It is a tough balance but we should not sacrifice one for the other.

9. "Pathetic Work Culture. Do not join if you do not want to screw your career and life!!"

I have been working at Tredence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros only cons. If you do not believe then search over linkedin and go through the profiles of IIM graduates who have recently joined and then left the company within 3-5 months, only because of the work culture and pathetic Managers.

Cons

Pathetic work culture, no work life balance at all, higher managements do not think at all about you or your career, HRs do not look after for the employees even they are working at their best. Got threats from manager several times for PIP although the same manager gave the average rating for PIT-STOPs aka appraisal. I know 8-10 people(60% who joined with me at the same time) who either left the organization or have been put into PIP and then shown the exit door.

Advice to Management

Only one advice- You know why attrition is so high, so better treat employee as human beings and do not hire so many people if you only want to fetch new projects by showing them as your strength and after that show them the exit door. Mu-sigma even recognizes its employees but here it does not happen.

"Good place to start a career in analytics but not long term place for people with ambition"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Tredence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. A great place to start ones career if they are passionate about solving problems and analytics.

2. Pretty chilled out life offshore and onsite. I don't agree with people saying they work long hours (60+ a week), that's because they are inefficient or end up staying late in office to hang out with their friends and play xbox or someone they are dating (office romances are pretty common)

3. The CEO is a cool and a very reasonable guy and the head of analytics is super smart person but interacts and pays attention to analyst that he thinks are smart or get appreciation either from onsite or clients

Cons

1. Company may claim they help their clients win with great insights but its very difficult for a bunch of college pass outs to add value to a US based company when they have no idea how a company works and functions (big or small)

2. They claim they are using ML and AI. Thats a COMPLETE LIE. While they might advertise that to clients who eat those buzzwords, internally people know that all they do is some rudimentary statistical models like linear regression or something a little more complex than that. More than 80% of the work is data extraction which is not necessarily bad when it is related to validating hypothesis but more often its just packaged in an excel or tableau and delivered to the clients

3. While the CEO is a cool guy its an open secret in India that he will sell the company or his share once they get a good valuation, hence they brought in people like Tapan to help reach that point, so the long term vision is purely a revenue target rather than actually trying to help clients win. It just looks cooler to say that but i dont really know if people honestly believe it

Advice to Management

Stop trying not to be Mu Sigma while following their strategy. 2 out of 3 founders and 99% of the initial employees were from Mu Sigma. So just accept that you are a better version of Mu Sigma but not too different from them.