Trellis Company Recovery Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

1.3
Trellis Company CEO Scott Giles
Scott Giles
  1. "Many employees have been employed 20 plus years, no one wants to leave because its such a great place to work at!"

Default Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Excellent benefits, better than most Same holidays as the state agencies Flexible time off when needed Company provides bonuses and ongoing incentives Plenty of opportunites for advancement Showers in restrooms Free Popcorn and waterfilter machines available Employees always able to participate in various committees and events

Cons

Annual increases truly depend on the companies overall performance

Trellis Company2011-12-13

"Learned a lot...."

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has a great past and the tenured folks are wonderful. Pay is decent.

Cons

Shell of what it used to be. No upward mobility. Career development training has stopped. It’s pretty much become just another debt collections company.

Advice to Management

Sink or swim.

Trellis Company2018-05-30

"Run for the Hills!!!"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

nope, the pros have been eliminated.

Cons

We are now on the 5th CEO since I've been employed here. The original portfolio for this company is dwindling into extinction leaving their new business focus...collecting cable bills at $10 an hour. The corporate matra is "be flexible, we will move you wherever we want regardless of the financial impact it has to you". The new CEO has no regard for employee moral.

Advice to Management

To the board: pleease reconsider this CEO. This company will soon be nothing more than a low budget collections agency.

Trellis Company2018-03-31

"Former employee"

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building, clean, filtered water, free popcorn and vending machines, used to be able to make really good commission not so sure about that anymore.

Cons

Poor management, people are in positions because they are liked by upper management versus being qualified for the job. Management constantly changing policies to fit business needs, which result in the collectors taking losses and not getting paid off their hard work.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employee concerns and suggestions then just maybe the company can turn it's poor reputation around and the company can survive.

Trellis Company2016-10-05

"Keepin It 100"

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

free coffee and popcorn (no need for fiber supplements), great parking when it was an okay company they paid for college instructors to come in after hours so interested staff could earn college credits. no more. now, to throw a bone to employees they aren’t going to promote they have an internal leadership class. it gives the restless a sense they’re doing something to improve their chances of promotion but... means nothing outside of the company (try taking some college courses that actually translate to the real world and real opportunities elsewhere. stop drinking the koolaid.).

Cons

the newest initiative is something they call “right sizing”. what this really means is laying off tenured employees and replacing them with ones making half the salary (with little to no experience). the wages for the employees is going down while wages/bonuses for the CEO and upper management is increasing. the strategy is to churn the labor force, keep them fresh and underpaid. the labor force, in their eyes,... is replaceable. there is no longer value put on hiring and retaining qualified and knowledgable staff (or continuing to develop the current staff) who ask too many questions and have the audacity to expect things like loyalty, opportunity and a competitive wage. this current management team continues to experience wage and bonus increases though. the portfolio is dwindling (meaning less money) and they’re getting raises? come on.

Advice to Management

give up on submitting fake positive reviews. your reputation is shot. let this turd sink.

Trellis Company2016-08-19

"I hate it here"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all. None. At. All. This place sucks and I hate it here and I'm looking for a new job every day.

Cons

Everything. Pay sucks, management sucks, benefits suck. I'm just here because I'm a single mom with kids to feed. I feel like they hold that against me too. Borderline racism.

Advice to Management

Leave me alone and let me do my job

Trellis Company2016-07-04

"Collector"

Default Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company

Pros

Benefits are awesome. Bonuses are good if you hit your goals.

Cons

No overtime, management changes collection goals frequently and it make always harder to reach those goals and get bonuses.

Advice to Management

Be realistic on your goals and stop implementing a work philosophy were your employees are treated just like a number and squeeze as much as you can while not compensating accordingly.

Trellis Company2015-12-04

"Thought it was awesome for the first month, then reality sunk in..."

Current Employee - Default Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits almost unheard of anymore, lots of time off, very generous on holidays and vacation time. Potential for bonuses still generous but not nearly what it once was, most coworkers are really nice and there is a great diversity of workers.

Cons

No job security what so ever, they would rather replace you then to find a position you can thrive in. The whole culture of what we do is changing by new laws and regulations and the companies reaction to it is slower then a snails pace. They find any reason what so ever to make sure they do not pay you a penny more then they want to, even though the job is much more difficult then ever before.

Advice to Management

Spend a few days doing what the departments that generate the revenue do. Sit with them and see what actually takes place instead of constantly sending out new rules through email. There is a lot of money being made with no credit being given and then the workers are told they are not producing, which in the end the company is still getting paid. It is common knowledge that workers must brown nose their superiors to... get anywhere in this company, it is not based on your work ethic.

Trellis Company2014-02-24

"It was a good place to work for many years, but the future is not promising."

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Health benefits, training, occasional corporate events aimed at providing employee appreciation, etc.

Cons

There are no career advancement opportunities, lack of communication, and over all employee morale is very bad.

Advice to Management

You should request employee feedback through anonymous surveys on a quarterly basis, using open ended questions, and actually use the results to target the individuals needing improvement in their job performance. Lead by example and from the top down!

Trellis Company2014-01-31