Trellis Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 107 reviews

2.8
Trellis Company CEO Scott Giles
Scott Giles
  1. "AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist and Consolidation Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, excellent benefits- Amazing Management

Cons

None that I experienced

Advice to Management

My team leads were amazing no advice 4 them

Trellis Company2016-11-19

"Nice place to work!"

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Great benefits: Generous PTO, 401K, covered parking in a low traffic setting, Nice building (including a small convenience store) and workspaces , frequent free company activities (cookouts, bake sales, free yoga classes). Optimistic work environment: I've been at TG long enough to see a transition from risk averse to a much more entrepreneurial spirit. While that may be unsettling for some, I find it exciting. Pay... seems fair for positions. Work/Life balance is great, most can and do leave at 5:00. Really nice people too. From a high level, there are lots of "irons in the fire" to grow the business. As they start to take shape, things will get even better.

Cons

The "old" TG was quasi-governmental, complacent, and fearful of change. As changes in the industry force our hand to action, some have a harder time adjusting than others, even at a calculated slow change pace. Some support areas feel understaffed. Maybe they are or maybe they are just adjusting procedures to a faster environment and will take some time to find the new normal. Due to security restrictions, some... technology use is limited and/or filtered. That's frustrating even though I understand it's necessary.

Advice to Management

Continue to support those driving business forward. If anyone is left that's dragging things down, respectfully show them the door. Frequent communication about the status of business prospects is always a good thing. Responding to online feedback frequently would be great too (e.g this site). If the feedback merits more investigation and action, that would also be worthwhile.

Trellis Company2016-10-11

"Computer Operator III"

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Good health benefits. Adequate salary.

Cons

They are laying off employees due to obamacare problems

Advice to Management

none

Trellis Company2016-10-17

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Trellis Company full-time

Pros

Worked with great people and received amazing compensation. Highly competitive for those who thrive in that type of environment. Nice facilities and covered parking is a plus.

Cons

Management doesn't care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent.

Trellis Company2016-09-08

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Default Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building, clean, filtered water, free popcorn and vending machines, used to be able to make really good commission not so sure about that anymore.

Cons

Poor management, people are in positions because they are liked by upper management versus being qualified for the job. Management constantly changing policies to fit business needs, which result in the collectors taking losses and not getting paid off their hard work.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employee concerns and suggestions then just maybe the company can turn it's poor reputation around and the company can survive.

Trellis Company2016-10-05

"Popcorn makes it worth the abuse"

I worked at Trellis Company

Pros

I like popcorn and I have to say the company knows how to do popcorn. The building is clean, too!

Cons

The hood mentality of management. Don't like that I publicly make fun of you? Fired. Don't want to take part in our hazing and dance in your first meeting? Fired. Been with the company too long? Fired, we can replace you with someone new for way cheaper. Go to the restroom more than three times in a day? Might just get fired, definitely will get talked to about it. That mentality works for the top guys on the... streets because they can keep the lower-level hood rats in check. It's important to publicly display your dominance... but this is a legit business!! HR stands behinds these guys and that's maybe even more scary.

Advice to Management

Get a professional artist to graffiti the bathroom stalls and maybe dirty the place up a bit. Seeing graffiti and grime helps put me in the mindset that I might get slapped up if I don't act overly submissive. The professional appearance of the building puts people in a professional mindset and that's working against your goals.

Trellis Company2016-09-21

"Totally Toxic"

in Austin, TX

I worked at Trellis Company for more than 5 years

Pros

Great parking, free coffee and popcorn, clean facilities, great benefits

Cons

When I started working there, the company had a clear vision and direction. However, in the past 2-3 years, it turned into the most toxic working environments I have ever experienced. There is no freedom to safely voice your opinion. If C-level leadership doesn't like that you disagreed with them, you're out. There is a constant threat of "downsizing" which is really just an excuse to get rid of people that... challenge their ideas.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees. Create an environment where they feel comfortable contributing and are heard.

Trellis Company2016-07-26

"Awful place to work."

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this place.

Cons

No communication, unprofessional, and these people actually think they are helping people.

Advice to Management

Stop posting on your own glassdoor review. A bad company with great benefits is still a bad company.

Trellis Company2016-08-30

"Keepin It 100"

Former Employee - Default Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

free coffee and popcorn (no need for fiber supplements), great parking when it was an okay company they paid for college instructors to come in after hours so interested staff could earn college credits. no more. now, to throw a bone to employees they aren’t going to promote they have an internal leadership class. it gives the restless a sense they’re doing something to improve their chances of promotion but... means nothing outside of the company (try taking some college courses that actually translate to the real world and real opportunities elsewhere. stop drinking the koolaid.).

Cons

the newest initiative is something they call “right sizing”. what this really means is laying off tenured employees and replacing them with ones making half the salary (with little to no experience). the wages for the employees is going down while wages/bonuses for the CEO and upper management is increasing. the strategy is to churn the labor force, keep them fresh and underpaid. the labor force, in their eyes,... is replaceable. there is no longer value put on hiring and retaining qualified and knowledgable staff (or continuing to develop the current staff) who ask too many questions and have the audacity to expect things like loyalty, opportunity and a competitive wage. this current management team continues to experience wage and bonus increases though. the portfolio is dwindling (meaning less money) and they’re getting raises? come on.

Advice to Management

give up on submitting fake positive reviews. your reputation is shot. let this turd sink.

Trellis Company2016-08-19

"Worst company to work for in central TX!!!"

Current Employee - Collections in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basic benefits that you would find at any other company. Like others mentioned, popcorn, free coffee, parking, etc.

Cons

A toxic work environment. The company has no advancement opportunities. It is basically a waste of tax payer dollars that is making middle and upper management rich and with no accountability.

Advice to Management

All negative comments on this website accurately describe the company. Fire the upper management members of collections and HR, hire qualified and ethical replacements, and you might have a chance to survive as a company.

Trellis Company2016-08-10