Trellis Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 107 reviews

2.8
Trellis Company CEO Scott Giles
Scott Giles

"Used to be a great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The team members are very supportive. Many people have long tenures and a great amount of experience.

Cons

In the search for new business the company has created a silo-ed and a very poisonous and negative culture. They are focused too much on image and not substance. If you are a "yes" man and compliant in not asking questions, even when policies are certain to cause problems and ok with keeping quiet when problems arise then this is the place for you. Otherwise steer clear.

Advice to Management

Rediscover proper communication with the entire corporation and get back to cross functional team building and work. Treat people fairly with respect and build substance and then you can improve your appearance.

Trellis Company2016-06-29

"IT Dept. Round Rock- Sinking ship - Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrative in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice\Respectful people in the group. Free popcorn in the break room, covered parking. Location is good if you live north. Benefits are so/so not as great as some are saying in other reviews, cost is comparable to other companies. Seems they keep taking more benefits each year.

Cons

Depleting technologies, not being upgraded. Most of the experienced and knowledgeable IT staff have left on their own or have been let go. Be sure to ask in the interview how many have left on their own recently and how many have been let go. IT management is a joke and only promoting the "good old boys". Lack of true leadership from IT management is causing low morale.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting friends and yes sirs and yes ma'am types. Hire true IT management that are technical and have some leadership skills.

Trellis Company2016-07-25

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time

Pros

The company truly cares about employees which is evident in the benefits we have - 401K, insurance, etc. There are a lot of smart, hard working people that work well together at TG which creates a great culture! The plans for TG’s future are promising and management has been doing a good job communicating w/ employees.

Cons

The company has been in transition for a while and there are a few people that are negative and not optimistic. Negativity affects morale and it would be great for those who are unhappy to seek employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees. Everyone appreciates receiving TG updates.

Trellis Company2016-06-23

"I hate it here"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all. None. At. All. This place sucks and I hate it here and I'm looking for a new job every day.

Cons

Everything. Pay sucks, management sucks, benefits suck. I'm just here because I'm a single mom with kids to feed. I feel like they hold that against me too. Borderline racism.

Advice to Management

Leave me alone and let me do my job

Trellis Company2016-07-04

"Excited to be part of the transformation as TG goes in new directions"

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Company is reinventing itself and I like the plans for the future. Some very smart people in the OTP; hard not to get excited when you hear him speak about the future. I like the new style because it's refreshing and honest. No B.S. these days. I'm definitely in! And the new 401K plan is very good, too.

Cons

People who have been coasting along for a while and keeping their heads down to stay off the radar are getting found out and either leaving or being asked to leave which I think is a good thing. I work hard and so do my friends and we are glad to see that things are changing for the better, so that's not really a con. But there are still a few slackers left to go and I hope they leave soon. I think some middle... managers are not really strong at management and communication; they either need training or TG should get some new talent.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. It takes time to change a culture and move in new directions after 30+ years of doing things a certain way. It only takes a few good people to really make a difference and I can see that we're getting some awesome talent on the bus to take us where we need to go.

Trellis Company2016-05-29

"Truth"

I worked at Trellis Company

Pros

There are good people there. The building is nice with plenty of parking. Now I am just writing filler because I have run out of Pros.

Cons

There are many. For one the glowing reviews with the summations of change being hard are most likely submitted by management to raise their rating on this website. In fact they had meetings on strategy to improve their ratings here when they should have been more concerned with raising the morale of employees. They misleadingly post TG statistics as their new companies statistics. Continual layoffs as they have... not been able to generate new new business. Yet they did increase upper managements pay ranges as they were laying off people. There is blatant favoritism and promotion is based on that rather than merit. Management is often by intimidation or threat rather than encouragement. Communication from top down is very bad almost to the point of being secretive. Their portfolio is dwindling and they don't seem to be able to find new business.

Advice to Management

Worry about improving morale rather than putting bogus 4 and 5 star 1 line reviews on this website to improve your rating. You should notice its still bad. They are the reason I am writing this. Putting unqualified people in charge of areas you are trying to develop is not a good idea. They will continue to fail. There are questionable practices happening that should be looked into. There are only so many people... you can layoff.

Trellis Company2016-06-28

"Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time

Pros

* Excellent benefits * Great people who care about each other * TG has been around nearly 40 years and will continue to thrive and be successful

Cons

Executives need to get out more and be seen by the team members.

Advice to Management

* Continue the messaging to the team members. It was extremely enlightening to hear about TG's future and the exciting possibilities. Thank you!

Trellis Company2016-05-05

June 13, 2016

Thank you for the feedback. We’re happy to hear that the company update meetings were helpful to you. And we agree! TG’s strategic plan and vision for the future create many opportunities. The future is bright!

"It wasn't always like this,,"

Collections in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company for more than 8 years

Pros

free parking, popcorn and coffee. Good benefit package. Opportunity to meet some great people

Cons

The last several years, working for TG was like being In an abusive relationship. Upper-management , rarely seen unless you play golf, controls using fear. Beatings come in the forms of arbitrary disciplinary action and reduction or loss of incentive with no warning or training prior to the made up offense (consequences are doled out on a case-by-case basis based on the direction the wind blows, with no consistency..., and applied based on favoritism) Being less than a robot is unacceptable. And then come the I’m sorrys in the form of motivational posters with sayings by such famous and inspirational people like Dr Seuss—“a person’s a person no matter how small”. And that is supposed to boost morale. Changes to the almost 40 page policy and procedures manual are abrupt and training is haphazard. Training on the changes could vary from class to class so it was rare to have everyone on the same page

Advice to Management

Re-discover the meaning of the words trust, respect, appreciation and transparency. Stop acting like those words are no longer in the dictionary

Trellis Company2016-06-02

"Nonprofit to for-profit culture shift"

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time

Pros

Great benefits and salary and a nice workspace.

Cons

Usual downsizing and culture shift issues as nonprofit turns itself into a competitive for-profit. Difficult to make the shift if your skills aren't a fit in both spaces, hence many layoffs and discontent. Management doesn't help by focusing on the operational changes versus preparing the rank and file.

Advice to Management

Communicate more regularly.

Trellis Company2016-04-17

June 14, 2016

Thank you for the input. We agree that clear and consistent communication is important. We hope you feel more informed following the recent series of team meetings that shared TG’s strategic plan and vision for the future with all employees. These meetings were just one part of the ...

"Company in Transformation"

in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Trellis Company for more than 10 years

Pros

Company has great benefits, nice building. Good entry level employment if you want to learn about working in call centers. Still has education benefits.

Cons

Company is changing focus from non-profit to for profit, in search of a new stream of revenue, which includes a cultural shift. New direction of company is not shared downward. Employees don't feel valued as there have been layoffs for a few years and they don't know who will be next until they are walked out the door.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees enough to share more about future plans and how they may be affected or can be involved in growth. CEO could be more visible.

Trellis Company2016-03-29

May 27, 2016Assistant Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Clear communication is important in any organization. At TG, we understand and embrace this. In fact, we recently wrapped up a series of team meetings where every employee was able to hear TG’s strategic plan and vision for the future. This is just one ...

Found 107 reviews