Trellis Company "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Trellis Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 15, 2019

Found 107 reviews

2.8
Trellis Company CEO Scott Giles
Scott Giles
Pros
Cons
  • "The only con is people who no longer work at TG are very bitter(in 11 reviews)

• "It’s pretty much become just another debt collections company(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company trending up!"

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is perfect for me. I am able to be a good mother to my baby and keep focused on climbing the latter in my career. Award winning benefits- best 401k Plan I have ever had in my career. Wellbeing program that includes: chair massages, nutrition classes, weekly Yoga class and this year a 5K race! Office facilities are HUGE, beautiful and clean. Ergonomic desk specifically designed for me... Onsite showers so you can get a quick run in at lunch. Free Popcorn, tea, and coffee all day everyday A Corner Café that is basically a 7/11 so you can always find a drink, snack or lunch. Career growth training – we are encouraged to spend 10% of our time on growth and development. I was able to get my Google analytics certification during work hours. Hardware is best of the best! I have a brand new laptop and massive monitor with a sound bar.

Cons

I haven't won a Fit Bit yet from the wellbeing contest.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We are behind you 100%

Trellis Company2017-03-10

"A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The work/life balance is wonderful and the health benefits are great with perks from Rally. There is always something free added each month like chair massages, Lunch and Learn classes, Wellbeing events, weekly Yoga classes and our Team Member Activities Committee plans events all throughout the year. Everyone enjoys the free popcorn, tea and coffee but there is also a Corner Café where you can purchase healthy... meals, drinks and snacks if you stay in for lunch. We are encouraged to take extra trainings to improve our performance and increase our self worth.

Cons

Some teams are not updated to the status of where the company is and is heading. More updates from ELT would help.

Advice to Management

Continue to be more transparent throughout the entire corporation.

Trellis Company2017-03-03

"Nice place to work!"

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Great benefits: Generous PTO, 401K, covered parking in a low traffic setting, Nice building (including a small convenience store) and workspaces , frequent free company activities (cookouts, bake sales, free yoga classes). Optimistic work environment: I've been at TG long enough to see a transition from risk averse to a much more entrepreneurial spirit. While that may be unsettling for some, I find it exciting. Pay... seems fair for positions. Work/Life balance is great, most can and do leave at 5:00. Really nice people too. From a high level, there are lots of "irons in the fire" to grow the business. As they start to take shape, things will get even better.

Cons

The "old" TG was quasi-governmental, complacent, and fearful of change. As changes in the industry force our hand to action, some have a harder time adjusting than others, even at a calculated slow change pace. Some support areas feel understaffed. Maybe they are or maybe they are just adjusting procedures to a faster environment and will take some time to find the new normal. Due to security restrictions, some... technology use is limited and/or filtered. That's frustrating even though I understand it's necessary.

Advice to Management

Continue to support those driving business forward. If anyone is left that's dragging things down, respectfully show them the door. Frequent communication about the status of business prospects is always a good thing. Responding to online feedback frequently would be great too (e.g this site). If the feedback merits more investigation and action, that would also be worthwhile.

Trellis Company2016-10-11

"If you like change, it's a good place to be."

in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Recent updates to management team have put real business people in place - people who have "real world" experience vs. the legacy state-agency mentality. Good benefits; good work/life balance most of the time. Company is going through a transformation - if you thrive on change and evolution, it's a good place to be.

Cons

Periodic reductions in force have created some anxiety in an uncertain time. Some long-timers have difficulty with changes. Company needs to bring in more new talent to support changing business needs.

Advice to Management

Consistently communicate the evolution of the business to all levels of the company.

Trellis Company2015-09-03

"Lost In Transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free parking, free coffee/time, nice building, generous benefits package including health care options and pension plan with no employee contribution required, pretty easy 8-5 hours with good work/life balance

Cons

If I list a con, I am automatically labeled "not a change agent" or "negative" but here's some honest feedback. The "new" president is a lifer who has worked at the organization for over 30 years along with most of the "new" executive leadership team with 15+ years on average a piece so while they criticize those of us that have been here awhile how is that different?. Current environment could best be described... as a morgue-like. Low morale, low energy. Limited to no communication. Favoritism (or HR) rules the day. Those that run the "winddown" program of FFELP that generates 90% of the revenue for the company have been pushed aside and ignored. Big layoff in April 2015. More rumored to come by the end of the fiscal September along with a name change. If you plan to take a job here - ask about stability of your position.

Advice to Management

New titles do not make leaders. Treat your team members with respect and communicate - especially those in the revenue generating areas of the company. We are not just a dollar sign - we are people. Remember when our slogan used to be "Because We Care" - about employees and customers. It appears that has been forgotten and the only thing that we care about now is money.

Trellis Company2015-08-31
  6. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Trellis Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are awesome & at the time, very good overall work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of direction over the last 5 years has lead to some good people leaving the company. Hopefully they will find one & retain the employees that are left.

Advice to Management

Figure out a direction that will sustain the company before everyone leaves.

Trellis Company2015-04-23
  7. "Good company need new business"

I have been working at Trellis Company

Pros

Good work life balance. Relaxed atmosphere to work in. People are enjoyable to work with. Salary is ok

Cons

Software installation process takes way to long affecting ability to perform agile development. Unstable business

Trellis Company2014-09-18
  8. "Great work/life balance but morale and dissatisfaction is bad"

Current Employee - Research Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Trellis Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance, flexibility, great co-workers, ability to learn new things. Ethics at TG is very important. Harassment or discrimination is not tolerated (from what I could see) and the company does what it can to create a close knit community with its employees.

Cons

It really depends on your department. The department that I worked in was very dysfunctional. As the company is going through a lot of changes right now there is a lack of job security for most people. There isn't enough communication to employees about where the company is going.

Advice to Management

Go after new business opportunities without fear of how it will play politically.

Trellis Company2013-06-30

"Not What I Thought"

Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Trellis Company

Pros

Great work, life balance. Slow pace and light workload. They company has good friends in high places and is very much respected by many of its customers.

Cons

Very slow, state agency feel and pace. Very much driven by government decisions. Management is slow to recognize their employees. Many employees have a very long tenure and are very entrenched in the company.

Trellis Company2011-04-04