Trex Company Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2022

Found 58 of over 60 reviews

3.4
Trex Company President and CEO Bryan Fairbanks (no image)
Bryan Fairbanks

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Amazing workplace

Apr 26, 2022 - Quality Lead in Winchester, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

continuous improvement, including additional ways for promotions

Cons

Overtime can be alot during certain. Periods of the year.

Trex Company Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We continue to work hard on taking care of our employees and always looking for ways to improve, and we're glad that shows. Thanks for being part of our team.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 8, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with plans to grow

Cons

Supply chain innovation needs to be put in overdrive

Trex Company Response

Thanks for your note. We work hard to offer a best-in-class work experience for all employees, and we're glad that shows. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

trex

Mar 31, 2022 - Line Operator in Fernley, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and good benefits

Cons

Long shifts and hard work

Trex Company Response

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being part of the team.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good pay, lots of politics

Apr 2, 2022 - Process Technician in Winchester, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great, benefits are good, and there are some really great people that work there.

Cons

It's getting to be a lot like the federal government, there is red tape and politics everywhere. Doing the right thing should not be as hard as it is.

Trex Company Response

Thanks for your note. We're excited to hear you're enjoying your coworkers. We would, however, welcome the opportunity to hear more about your other comments, so we can make changes as needed. Please reach out to us at humanresources [at] trex.com so we can help.

5. 4.0

Good place

Mar 18, 2022 - Process Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

Work environment and the schedule

Trex Company Response

Thank you for sharing this note and for being part of the team. We're committed to our employees and to continuous improvement, and we'd like the chance to talk about options to improve your experience. Please reach out to us at humanresources [at] trex.com so we can discuss.

6. 2.0

Bad management

Mar 21, 2022 - Shipping and Receiving Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is ight I guess

Cons

Management sucks you’re just a number

Trex Company Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are committed to continuous improvement and are working to make changes to our structure to better serve all employees and departments. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your experience so we can help. Please reach out to us at humanresources [at] trex.com so we can talk.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Everything is ok. Management comunication not there.

Mar 15, 2022 - Reprocess Technician in Winchester, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits overall.

Cons

Not culture friendly in my opinion.

Trex Company Response

Thank you for your note. We actively work to ensure that culture and work experience across all our facilities is amazing for every employee. We are also committed to continuous improvement and have made recent changes to our new hire and training processes. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach us at humanresources [at] trex.com.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

bad MOJO

Apr 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There really are not any pros to working at Trex. You can't ever afford the product you make on what they pay you

Cons

Work Environment, Long hours, and no real communications. Training sucks bad,

Trex Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are committed to continuous improvement, and we've made changes to our training process recently, too. We hope you'll reach out to us at humanresources [at] trex.com so we can talk more.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Feb 18, 2022 - Process Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work great pay and good benefits

Cons

Barely ever any time home with your family it’s like like you live there sometimes

Trex Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We work hard to offer our employees industry-leading pay and benefits, opportunities to advance and more. We're glad to hear that shows. Thank you for being part of the team.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Beware

Jan 14, 2022 - Process Technician in Winchester, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The bonus each month are decent

Cons

Just hire anyone so new employees can be dangerous

Trex Company Response

We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. We make safety our first priority across the organization, and have many programs in place to ensure even new employees know how to keep themselves and others safe. Please consider reaching out to us directly at humanresources [at] trex.com so we can talk about your ideas for further improvement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews

Trex Company Reviews FAQs

Trex Company has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Trex Company to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Trex Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Trex Company. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

57% of Trex Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Trex Company 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Trex Company to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with Trex Company Job Seekers