78% would recommend to a friend
(81 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management" (in 12 reviews)
- "Nepotism runs deep in upper management, favored employees are allowed to have outbursts about the culture while others who more professionally share the same sentiment coming forward to actionate upon improving the studio are met with discrimination and hostility." (in 6 reviews)
- "Long hours (sometimes), although it wasn't too bad." (in 6 reviews)
- "Some long hours but honestly that is everywhere you go." (in 5 reviews)
- "Work/life balance is impossible here." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Treyarch and is not affected by filters.
Found 81 of over 120 reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 6, 2023Principal Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
I have had the pleasure of working at Treyarch for several years now, and I can confidently say that it is an incredible place to work. The company truly values an inclusive culture, where everyone feels welcome and respected. The people here are not only friendly, but they genuinely care about each other's well-being. One of the standout aspects of Treyarch is the great working conditions. The brand new office space is simply amazing, providing a comfortable and modern environment to work in. The leadership team at Treyarch is top-notch, always guiding and supporting their employees to achieve their best. The Engineering team is nothing short of amazing, with talented individuals who are passionate about their work. In fact, the entire dev team are world class and the leadership is equally impressive, providing clear direction and fostering a collaborative atmosphere. Working on the Call of Duty Black Ops franchise, which is the studio's best-selling game, is a dream come true for any game developer. The opportunity to contribute to such a renowned IP is both exciting and rewarding. Treyarch offers great career growth and opportunities, allowing employees to constantly learn and develop their skills. One of the perks of working at Treyarch is the flexibility in core hours. This allows employees to have a better work-life balance, which is highly appreciated. The stocked kitchens filled with a variety of delicious food, drinks, and snacks are a testament to the company's commitment to employee satisfaction. Treyarch has a player-first mentality, always prioritizing the needs and desires of their players. This dedication to creating the best gaming experience is truly commendable. Additionally, the company knows how to have fun. Whether it's team-building activities, game nights, or celebrations, there is always something exciting happening at Treyarch. The fact that there are long-tenured employees speaks volumes about the company. It is evident that people love working here and find it a fulfilling place to grow their careers. Overall, Treyarch is a fantastic company to work for, with an inclusive culture, friendly people, great working conditions, and amazing leadership. I feel fortunate to be a part of this incredible team.
There are not many cons to be honest. One perhaps is that Treyarch has focused on Call of Duty titles now for 20 years. That's all I've worked on since I've started at the company. Something different might be refreshing, but that said, COD is the top game every year and that's pretty amazing to be part of.
- 1.0May 24, 2023Senior Artist IIFormer Employee, less than 1 year
You will get to work on Call of Duty and it will look impressive on your resume
Your soul will wither in this cutthroat.male dominated sexist environment but don't worry there is a very thin veneer of protection in the form of mandated DEI (diversity and inclusion) events that you will never be able to attend because of the workload your workaholic manager will pile on you.1Treyarch Response3mo
Thank you for your response. We acknowledge and empathize with your sentiments that your work experience could have been better. We take any reports of misconduct very seriously, as we work hard to foster a workplace culture that is respectful, diverse, and inclusive. The Workplace Integrity team is available to all employees to report workplace concerns and conducts training centered on reinforcing our commitment to addressing any misconduct that detracts from a respectful workplace. We are always looking for ways to improve and build up our workplace culture, and thank you for your feedback. If you would like to provide additional information, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
- 5.0May 26, 2023ProductionCurrent Employee
It's a pleasure working with the people at Treyarch, good sense of community and purpose
There are some departments that could be run a bit better
- 5.0May 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Great people that shapes similar goals.
As with companies everywhere, trying to cope with challenges of an ever changing industry.
- 2.0Apr 14, 20233D Weapons ArtistFormer EmployeeSanta Monica, CA
Great team and talent. Experience and Skills rapidly improved
Stole 25,000$ in California State Taxes. Canceled remote status. 10 hr days at least with constant crunch1
- 3.0Nov 8, 2022Senior EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
- Good pay - Huge impact working on one of the biggest game franchises ever - Opportunity to work with and learn from great engineers
- All the CoD studios working on a single engine slows everything down, and it triggered a loss of studio identity. - Extremely relaxed definition of what a weekend is. - The company is cracking down on WFH. Planning to bring back most people into the office. - Constant. Corporate. Trainings. ABK is so terrified of bad press that they make every employee take as many trainings as possible so management can show upward trending graphs showing how many trainings are being taken.1
- 5.0Jan 26, 2023Tech ArtistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
The team is full of pros, has a low turnover, calm team demeanor.
Not a super strong creative identity, since working on the same project for many years.1
- 5.0Sep 23, 20223D ArtistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Monica, CA
Great teammates Popular franchise to be apart of Lots of swag Work from home
Temporary hiring can drag on Wages vary wildly
- 4.0May 18, 2022Level DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSanta Monica, CA
- Kindest, most professional, and caring people to work with I've ever seen - Work is stable and dependable and consistent - Best place to start a career
- Pay is laughably below acceptable levels, while leadership consistently, blindly, proclaims compensation is competitive across the board1
Treyarch Reviews FAQs
Treyarch has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 120 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Treyarch to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
78% of Treyarch employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Treyarch 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.